definately everyone knows about this longlife commitment.at starting everything is good but after sometime people feel it as a burden.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Its better to be alone always.......nice from getting annoyed by life and wife too...

not married.

only twice have i met females whom i would have been willing to marry. one is a girl i met in high school. the other is the athletic blond i told you guys about in "booty or brains" thread.

my current girl friend seems cool but i have not known her for long so we shall have to wait to see.

at this age you are feeling to live alone but after sometime u only will feel someone should be there because in this world everything is necessary.why this kind of relationship exists?if you really have love for someone definately u want to stay with her,u want to share each moment of your life.at this age we are having a lot of friends we are not having time for this relation but in an age we want someone should be there to care of us.

Its better to be alone always.......nice from getting annoyed by life and wife too...

at this age you are feeling to live alone but after sometime u only will feel someone should be there because in this world everything is necessary.why this kind of relationship exists?if you really have love for someone definately u want to stay with her,u want to share each moment of your life.at this age we are having a lot of friends we are not having time for this relation but in an age we want someone should be there to care of us.

Well you are true...i have lot of boyfriends but i say realy i have no girlfriend till currently..i dont know what's reason behind it, one thing i would not roam behing any girls for making friendships..

now i am the third girl who is really interested in marriage.i have understood what is meant by marriage.nowadays the rate of divorce is increasing but i know my marriage will be successful.behind divorce one thing is common that is ego noone wants to leave ego.sometimes every relation require some sacrifices.be mature.

Well you are true...i have lot of boyfriends but i say realy i have no girlfriend till currently..i dont know what's reason behind it, one thing i would not roam behing any girls for making friendships..

true love will not meet u after roaming behind a girl.it will be in front of u one day.believe me.

true love will not meet u after roaming behind a girl.it will be in front of u one day.believe me.

Thanks....i hope it happens in my life.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along."

lol the fact the poll shows that 80% of us are single is kinda depressing

I know someone has said single = not married but in my mind single = one. So plenty of people here might not be single but not married.

Anywho, not married myself (duh). Don't want to be. It's nothing more than a piece of paper to me. You love someone they should know it, you shouldn't have to stand up infront of people and sign a document to prove it.

I know someone has said single = not married but in my mind single = one. So plenty of people here might not be single but not married.

Anywho, not married myself (duh). Don't want to be. It's nothing more than a piece of paper to me. You love someone they should know it, you shouldn't have to stand up infront of people and sign a document to prove it.

Well, not sure how things go over in the UK, but in the US that piece of paper confers rights of survivorship, visitation, custody of children, and such. My wife knows I love her, but without that piece of paper the hospital doesn't and would not let me visit her were she to be in an Intensive Care Unit. Nor would the state accept that any assets bearing her name were our assets if she were to unexpectedly pass away. The piece of paper does confer some rights that come with the decision to enter into a lifelong union with another and without the paper you're pretty much just acquaintances in a legal sense.

IAnywho, not married myself (duh). Don't want to be. It's nothing more than a piece of paper to me. You love someone they should know it, you shouldn't have to stand up infront of people and sign a document to prove it.

If you really feel that way then you should stay single. No point punishing a woman with your attitude. Marriage and that piece of paper has many many benefits, especially when dealing with government agencies. Did you know that if you shacked up with a woman, had young kids with her, then you died your woman would get absolutely nothing. She would be left with the kids to raise by herself unless she gets another joker to shack up with her. But if you had married her she would get quite a bit of government benefits until the children are 18 years old. Also, my wife and I just recently signed up for old age social security benefits. Since we are legally married my wife will get part of my social security benefits after I die. Had we not been married she would have received nothing.

commented: completely true. +15

I'm single, would like to get married but don't see happening. I'm one of those people that are meant to be alone.

Very happily married here, to my soulmate, lover and best friend all wrapped up in one gorgeous former classical Russian ballerina.

We have been married for 12 years now, and I am as happy as I was back then. Probably happier actually, as we have a couple of smashing kids to add into the family mix.

My first marriage also produced two kids, now both grown up (20 and 18) but was something of a youthful mistake I fear.

She left me when I came out of hospital, paralysed and confined to a large electric wheelchair, following nearly a year recovering from viral encephalitis. I don't blame her, I was not the same man she married in many different ways. Not least my identity and personality had changed, I was a totally different chap and she couldn't hack it.

Cannot say how I would have reacted if it had been the other way around. But it was hard at the time, what with losing my job, home, dignity, marriage and kids all at the same time - not to mention my mobility.

Funnily enough Yvonne, my second wife, and I met while I was in the wheelchair - albeit a lightweight carbon fibre model by this time as I had regained the use of my arms by then and was actually quite 'fit' as long as you only looked at my upper body :)

She must have really loved 'me' as she left her boyfriend who was stinking rich to come and live with a struggling writer who did not have two pennies to rub together. I did, however, have a very nice mohawk haircut :)

commented: aww that's sooo sweet! :) +15
commented: =) +12
commented: ^,^ +3

I'm single, would like to get married but don't see happening. I'm one of those people that are meant to be alone.

I don't think anyone is meant to be alone... unless they're an old grump! :)

commented: haha :D +12

Even us old grumps get married :)

Well, not sure how things go over in the UK, but in the US that piece of paper confers rights of survivorship, visitation, custody of children, and such. My wife knows I love her, but without that piece of paper the hospital doesn't and would not let me visit her were she to be in an Intensive Care Unit. Nor would the state accept that any assets bearing her name were our assets if she were to unexpectedly pass away. The piece of paper does confer some rights that come with the decision to enter into a lifelong union with another and without the paper you're pretty much just acquaintances in a legal sense.

the government either just talked about or did actualy made a bill that said you could get the same rights as a married couple if you lived together. Huge debates about it very recently.

Did you know that if you shacked up with a woman, had young kids with her,

I'd be a scientific miracle?

Oh, while we're here, I don't want kids either. If anyones meant to be alone it's me.

No point punishing a woman with your attitude

Also, who said I'd be punishing anyone?

I was almost married twice, but then got scared of the "... till death do us part" thingy! I just enjoy my freedom too much!

the government either just talked about or did actualy made a bill that said you could get the same rights as a married couple if you lived together. Huge debates about it very recently.

Some states here have similarcommon law marriages

Also, who said I'd be punishing anyone?

Living with someone you don't like is punishment, whether you intend to do that or not.

I was almost married twice, but then got scared of the "... till death do us part" thingy! I just enjoy my freedom too much!

I think they've changed that part -- now its "... till we get sick of each other"

Just to interject the lighter side of the nuptials into this sometimes sober discussion ...

By all Means... MARRY!
I recently read that love is entirely a matter of chemistry.
That must be why my wife treats me like toxic waste.
- David Bissonette

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
- Sacha Guitry

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together.
- Hemant Joshi

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy.
If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
- Socrates

Woman inspires us to great things, and prevents us from achieving them.
- Dumas

The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, 'What does a woman want?
- Sigmund Freud

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
- Anonymous

'Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing.
She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.'
- Henny Youngman

'I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years.'
- Sam Kinison

'There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking.
It's called marriage.'
- James Holt McGavran

'I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me, and the second one didn't.'
- Patrick Murray

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming
1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it,
2. Whenever you're right, shut up.
- Nash

The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once...
- Anonymous

You know what I did before I married? Anything I wanted to.
- Henny Youngman

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
- Rodney Dangerfield

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.
- Milton Berle

Marriage is the only war where one sleeps with the enemy.
- Anonymous

A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: 'Wife wanted'.
Next day he received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: 'You can have mine.'
- Anonymous

First Guy (proudly): 'My wife's an angel!'
Second Guy: 'You're lucky, mine's still alive.'

Collected by Redmarvel

commented: =D +3

Living with someone you don't like is punishment, whether you intend to do that or not

Who said I was living with someone I didn't like?? Just because I don't want to get married it means I can't love somone? Sheesh.

And nice quotes Vegaseat :D

Just because I don't want to get married it means I can't love somone? Sheesh.

An alternate take about shacking up is that you ain't got the stones to publicly state to all your family and friends that "this is it". That's one view of the ceremony.

Another view is similar recognition within your religious community. If you're not religious, the ceremony need not be.

And third, you've got the gov't side as has already been mentioned. But it is also a way to "put your money where your mouth is".

So shacked-up doesn't quite measure up to "married" from this point of view.

[edit]"Leasing with an option to buy". --some comedian I do not recall

An alternate take about shacking up is that you ain't got the stones to publicly state to all your family and friends that "this is it". That's one view of the ceremony.

Another view is similar recognition within your religious community. If you're not religious, the ceremony need not be.

And third, you've got the gov't side as has already been mentioned. But it is also a way to "put your money where your mouth is".

So shacked-up doesn't quite measure up to "married" from this point of view.

[edit]"Leasing with an option to buy". --some comedian I do not recall

Right. But ADragon said I would be living with someone I DON'T like, simply because I haven't got a ring on my finger. But I can still like/love someone without that ring right?

But I can still like/love someone without that ring right?

I think the real question is "do you really LOVE someone" if you and/or your someone can't admit it publicly? I believe that was the distinction being made.

Or, I could NOT want all the attention that comes with it, or be like everyone else etc. etc.

Yeah. All pups think they can run with the big dogs. But when it comes to it, many tuck their tails.

i'm not married... but i'm seriously thinking on marrying this one... though i think it is a good idea to live together, to see how things work out... what do you think?

i'm not married... but i'm seriously thinking on marrying this one... though i think it is a good idea to live together, to see how things work out... what do you think?

Personally, I would recommend it, though many others have religious/moral hangups regarding living together outside of marriage. Living together gives you a much better idea of how a marriage may work out. Just be wary of comingling financial obligations, as those can be rather tricky if things don't work out.

yeah... i think living together would be the best way to get prepared for marriage... i'm catholic and i have no inconvenience with living together... (though i'm not what you would call a saint...) i think i'll give it a try...

and you're right... it's best not to involve financial obligations... since if it doesn't work, one of both (most probably the guy) will end up screwed up...

BTW guys... this is my 1000th post!!!

commented: yay for getting your first star! =] +15
commented: Bah, spammers!! ;-) +20
commented: join the club :P +3

I don't really think living together is such a good idea. I mean unless you're gonna act like roommates where... this stuff is mine and that stuff is yours. Financially, I think it gets messy... especially if or when you break up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.