I get a kick out of reading people's signatures and find many of them funny and witty. Which ones do you like?

Here's one I just read :lol:

If a job is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration, does that mean the job stinks?

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

I've heard a similar one to that before -

Success in mathematics is 90% perspiration and 20% inspiration

One of my usenet and e-mail signatures for a very long time -

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

I get a kick out of reading people's signatures and find many of them funny and witty. Which ones do you like?

Alot of signatures are also pretty awful, or cliched, or taken from well known quotes, (and are seen all over the place!). The best ones are usually the few which are are original or little known :)

Dang...there goes my sig in the 'originality' competition...

Mine too....

I once read:

There are 10 kind of people, those who know binary and those who doesn't

liked that one. Mine is not really original.

> There are 10 kind of people, those who know binary and those who doesn't
That one used to be good but soooooo many people use it now. ThinkGeek.com even sells it on shirts.

One of my favorites, a guy sitting in front of a computer monitor:
"Testing. Testing. 001 010 011 100..."

My signatures are always enlightning...either in a positive or a negative way...:D

Dang...there goes my sig in the 'originality' competition...

Damn I wish I could quote your sig.

When I read this thread I immediately thought of your sig.

PS. SOS your sig used to be some kind of wierd thing about not having a sig or avatar what was that about?

Alot of signatures are also pretty awful, or cliched, or taken from well known quotes, (and are seen all over the place!). The best ones are usually the few which are are original or little known :)

And how do you know the person using it isn't the one who started it all?

Hmm, I have to say that Bench's signature is pretty cool...

Personally, I think my personal best signature was the one about my signature being snipped by a moderator... it's cool the way it looked identical to when people edit their posts.

I can't claim entire originality for that one; I remember Sang_drax at another forum had a signature saying something about his post being last edited "tomorrow", reason : "time travelling". I thought it was a pretty cool idea, and so I used it to create a unique signature.

I also like ~s.o.s~'s signatures. Does the fact that English is your second language allow you to write more interesting "enlightenments"?

Personally, I think my personal best signature was the one about my signature being snipped by a moderator.

Ah...had forgot about that one, that sig sure got me the first time, I thought you had some inflamatory sig which was snipped by the admin but...damn it was a joke. Really good.

I can't claim entire originality for that one.

Good. I like modesty.

I also like ~s.o.s~'s signatures.

Bleh...don't say it aloud that you like my sigs..many people will start glowering at you.:twisted:

Does the fact that English is your second language allow you to write more interesting "enlightenments"?

Yes, sort of. ;)

I like thinking out of the box and writing signatures of the sort never seen on any other forums. But alas they sometimes are misinterpreted so *sigh* I have to change them. Funny you are not aware of the recent hue and cry over my previous signature......

Damn I wish I could quote your sig.

When I read this thread I immediately thought of your sig.

Yay, I have a fan. :mrgreen:

Ye funny!!! Its a good sig though I like those ideas with the optional words because it pretty much leaves it up to the reader how funny it is.

But alas they sometimes are misinterpreted so *sigh* I have to change them. Funny you are not aware of the recent hue and cry over my previous signature......

Really? Did it happen at a forum I never visit, or over PM or something? You're making me so curious...

And I have to say that JJ__'s signature is also pretty cool.

Don't you all agree that this one is totally good:

If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you're going to have to expect the occaisonal cut.

Wow. That is simply one of the best sigs I have ever read.

Really? Did it happen at a forum I never visit, or over PM or something? You're making me so curious...

Naa..its happened in the moderators section, so you probably won't know about it, but yes there was some this and that and I changed my sig for the best.

Wow. That is simply one of the best sigs I have ever read.

If it is his original, then yes it's pretty good...

Those in search of best signatures should definately read this one by Mr. Dave Sinkula.

The formatting and context of this post may have been altered from my original via my use of features that are now disabled.
Any advertisement triggered by IntelliTxt in this post is not endorsed by the author of this post.

Bleh...helping the newbies but with a disclaimer...too good. :D

If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you're going to have to expect the occaisonal cut.

The formatting and context of this post may have been altered from my original via my use of features that are now disabled.
Any advertisement triggered by IntelliTxt in this post is not endorsed by the author of this post.

Those are my two favourites so far. Ingenious.:)

I just think these are like sooooo funny... lol :-D

Quote #1) I didn't lose my mind! I sold it on eBay for 10 cents!

Quote #2) Depression is mearly anger without enthusiasm!

Quote #3) I like searching for bars... I mean "Stars" in the sky!

Just spotted this one:

Economy Notice:
Due to recent budget cuts and the cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions and the continued decline of
the economy, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

I found this rather cute:
Show me your Wii and I show you mine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.