Best way (for you) to do that is to quit.
Another way would be to develop lung cancer, but that's not so nice for you though it might shock the kids into never wanting to touch a fag ever.

Actually, it's emphysema that runs in my family. I believe it took out grandma, a couple of aunts and uncles, and my Dad has had it for quite a while too. (Actually Dad has outlived at least one of his doctors.) A couple of years ago they misdiagnosed me with the onset of COPD.

Oh? show me someone who hasn't died of something:cheesy:

to quote the late, great Bill Hicks - "All you health freaks out there are going to feel pretty stupid on your death beds dying of nothing" ;)

Indeed.

My late father, bless him, never drank, never smoked and was a very fit man. A racing cyclist in his youth, and cycling fanatic right up into his early seventies, he used to ride a racing trike to work every day, 10 miles across London, up steep hills, through heavy traffic. His idea of a holiday was a 500 mile bike ride.

Got bowel cancer, died from complications of the surgery at the age of 74.

Turns out that bowel cancer is a genetic thing in my family, I officially suffer from HNPCC Syndrome (Hereditary Non-Polyposis Colorectal Cancer) which is carried on the male side of the family and increases my chances of developing colon cancer before the age of 65 from something like 8% to more like 80%.

Some things in life you just have to suck up and accept I guess.

On the plus side, at least I get monitored with colonoscopies every year so if/when I develop the cancer it will be spotted very early and can be dealt with easily. Smokers don't get that luxury and by the time the symptoms of lung cancer present themselves it is often too late for a successful cure.

I have smoked for 6 years and not intention to leave it yet.... i may when i get married for my children and wife. In here each marlboro pack costs $2 bucks hehehe cheaper than other places.

Never smoked. I did try it once, but the sensation felt like a trailer had crashed in my chest. It was awful. Decided I'd rather kill myself working than smoking.

so I'm not the only one with a genetically spread disease running in the family.
Luckily it seems in my case I'm only a carrier (as usually it becomes symptomatic at an early age and I'm several decades past that, but then my dad didn't get symptomatic until he was about the age I am now so it's still possible).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurofibromatosis_1

i have asthma so nope ive never dont it - i cant stand it when i go to gigs and others are smoking rollups i think smoking is disgusting, also its expensive, a pack is like £3.50 - £5.00 ($7 - $10?)

Lots of my mates do though, mainly girls

This is much more than a "rumor" ;).

There may be a lot of people believing it, but there's no hard evidence it really happened so I must class it a rumour.
I'm talking historical evidence here, not biblical claims (and yes, I know that for many Christians everything in the bible is to be taken as truth on face value).

I respect every religion that respects my decision not to be a part of it.
That includes most Christians, but that doesn't mean I have to accept their claims as gospel.

im supposed to be catholic forced catholic ¬¬ but im more kinda budist

my parents were both excommunicated for wanting to marry a heretic, he was a Catholic, she was Dutch reformed...
But at least Christian churches no longer kill heretics.

im supposed to be catholic (socially talking because of my family) but my girlfriend is christian and she hates catholisism. If we get to marry (as I hope hehehe), I want to see how that marriage ceremony gets hehehe.

If we get to marry (as I hope hehehe), I want to see how that marriage ceremony gets hehehe.

I hope it's as fun as a Jewish/Catholic wedding I once participated in (in a minor role). That was a blast!

There may be a lot of people believing it, but there's no hard evidence it really happened so I must class it a rumour.
I'm talking historical evidence here, not biblical claims (and yes, I know that for many Christians everything in the bible is to be taken as truth on face value).

I respect every religion that respects my decision not to be a part of it.
That includes most Christians, but that doesn't mean I have to accept their claims as gospel.

Certainly that viewpoint is respected. I just find it odd that both religiousness and irreligiousness require the same amount of faith an effort -- but only one offers something more.

Trying to get the thread back on-topic, another thing I find odd is that the "smoking law" folks, with all of their "science" behind them, may one day find that they have been actually espousing genetic discrimination -- which really amounts to a highly specific version of racial discrimination. But it's all the fashion these days, so that makes it okay. :rolleyes:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.