Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by crunchie

They have a very good sound. There didn't seem to be anything Indian/Pakistani about the sound other than the lyrics. Sounded like a totally western style to me.

With the normal rock band instruments, yes they have a Western sound, but the main or strong points about Indian / Pakistani bands is their lyrics...

Alas you don't understand the lyrics, otherwise you would have enjoyed the song a lot more since the lyrics form the core in our culture.

Not currently, but yes there is definately a storm brewing up in India and Pakistan regarding mixing western instruments along with the Indian / Pakistani vocals.

Its actually a good mix, methinks and such a fusion is proving out to be emerging hybrid culture here.

Not to sound rude, but I don't prefer much of either Hindi or Pakistani music. A few of them are good, but I mainly prefer Rock. Stuff like Def Leppard, Scorpions, Dream Theater, Lifehouse et al....

I've always been interested in 'odd' musical fusions, and the use of tradtional Indian instruments within a metal/rock framework rather appeals.

But then I love Einstruzende Neubauten, so I am certainly strange. Went to a concert of theirs once which used a building that was being demolished as the stage - the instruments included putting a sound probe into a concrete block and then 'playing' it by smashing the block with a sledgehammer for example :)

Really enjoyed Chand Sifarish music video -- just shows that love songs is an international language of its own :) Couldn't understand the lyrics but the music was fantastic, loved the mixture of western and eastern harmonies.

i like it. where my aunts live there are lots of asian people and you can buy it in the markets and shops

we have just made a band...plz tel us da way v cn rys...nd da popular rock songs v shud do..plz

Can you now write that in English so that we can all understand it.

This thread is also 5 years old. Should start your own thread.

Edited by crunchie: n/a

we have just made a band...plz tel us da way v cn rys...nd da popular rock songs v shud do..plz

Wow! This is got to be among the most unintelligible and illiterate posts I have ever seen on DaniWeb.

Wow! This is got to be among the most unintelligible and illiterate posts I have ever seen on DaniWeb.

Welcome to the next Generation :).

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.