Member Avatar for iamthwee

Just got Maya 7.0 and zbrush for xmas! (not really purchased, sshh)

Can't wait to play with subsurface scattering in mental ray, and organic modelling in zbrush. :cheesy:

No more blender it seems, oh well it's been fun.

Yay

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Yes Maya and Max are what the professionals aspire to work with. Also the professional industry demands Max and Maya.

Though from what I have heard, Maya is basically used for making animation movies while Max for making game models.

Atta boy Iamthwee, there is lot to be done and rendered...:D

It has taken me a good couple of weeks to learn the blender interface.
I'm not sure if I want to switch.

More to the point. I can't seem to get the crack to work.

Looks like I'll have to stick to the holy trinity of freeware 3d modelling.

Blender+indigo+sharpconstruct

It has taken me a good couple of weeks to learn the blender interface.
I'm not sure if I want to switch.

If you want to ride the professional wave (ie plan on making a living otu of animation), I am afraid the switch has to take place. Not many places you see Blender be used for professional work. But if it is for fun, carry on.

Maybe you should show your funky 2D artwork to Miss Dani, she would be really happy :D

More to the point. I can't seem to get the crack to work.

Err...if I were you, I would stop saying such things in open, it will just ruin your reputation, not to mention a hefty infraction ;) (again this is coming from a friend, not a moderator).

Err...if I were you, I would stop saying such things in open, it will just ruin your reputation, not to mention a hefty infraction (again this is coming from a friend, not a moderator).

We've all used pirate software before I'm sure. So sue me. But I can't seem to get this baby to work.

And I'm not gonna bother to learn this if I can't get beyond the trial mode, which is limited in its features of course. I was so looking forward to using mental ray. :sad:

It would have been nice to add Maya and zbrush to my reportoire.

Erm I now have maya (cough cough).:cheesy:

But I just got a little animation I did with blender3d.

You need either real player or apple quick time to view it. Enjoy!

Warning it's an 8mb download so really need to have broadband, (it's worth the download)

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/137/blobby/blob.mov

Erm I now have maya (cough cough).:cheesy:

;)

But I just got a little animation I did with blender3d.

Good animation.Thumbs up.

Even I was once in animation and all the game stuff but now its a different story altogether..;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.