Did you get any tech toys that you think we should know about?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Does a custom made wax seal for my hand-written letters, featuring a rather nice monogram, count as a tech toy?

Retro-tech?

Nah, thought not :)

got a cell phone, now I just have to learn how to use the blasted thingamabob.

A oscillating quarz capillary cold fusion reactor and 29.3 mg of tritiated ammonia to keep the thing working for the next ten years.

What on earth is that. Please excuse my ignorance. Sounds interesting...

I recieved some money to buy vista on jan 30th.

Santa brought me a big and nice finger ¬¬ (nothing)

Santa brought me a big and nice finger ¬¬ (nothing)

Naughty all year huh?:eek:

hehehe i suppose, i was expecting a bag of charcoal... at least i would do some roast beef with that

:cheesy: A new cellfone:) ... A expensive one... and lots and lots of money!!:lol:

I got this roll-up keyboard made out of silicon:
[IMG]http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/rollup-keyboard.jpg[/IMG]

How do I like it so far? Well, the keys are somewhat mushy, and it's quite easy to slip and make a mistake. Another thing that annoys me is that the pipe/backslash key is in the number keys row, right next to the +/= key, which effectively gives the enter key more room, but cuts the backspace key in half.

However, you can't beat portability, and the fact that it's made out of silicon allows liquids to be spilled over it without it harming the keyboard - no gaps for the liquid to run into. I guess I'll get used to it eventually.

I got this roll-up keyboard made out of silicon:
[IMG]http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/rollup-keyboard.jpg[/IMG]

That looks really quite cool, where did you get it from? (if you know)

Another thing that annoys me is that the pipe/backslash key is in the number keys row, right next to the +/= key, which effectively gives the enter key more room, but cuts the backspace key in half.

That's what all my keyboards are like?

I got a few things, but the only tech present that I got was a Bluetooth dongle. Didn't want one until recently, but as my PDA has bluetooth, I thought I'd get a dongle for my laptop so I can play with the functionality.

Bluetooth dongles are pretty damn useful now because of the things that they will connect to. The only thing that I can connect to is my phone but I plug it in every day. The only thing that bothers me is that they are easy to loose. Oh well you can't have everything.

I got a new tough-book laptop (I kindda drop it every-once-in-a-while so I got a tough-book) and the new T-mobile Dash PDA with the Favorite Five. I think that's all the tech I got... lol Ohhhh! and I new microwave!! LOL, it's all digital... hahahaha, compared to the old one I had.... lol

That looks really quite cool, where did you get it from? (if you know)

There's tons of different manufacturers making this type of keyboard, but I believe this particular keyboard is an iConcepts Mobility Keyboard. Oh yes, and it came from Sears.

That's what all my keyboards are like?

No, most keyboards (at least the ones I've used) have the pipe/backslash key right beside the ']' key, like it shows in this diagram:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/xoxide/das-keyboard-3.jpg

I understand that they were trying to make a big nice enter key, but as a programmer I use the Backspace key a lot. :cheesy:

Now didn't these bloggers get a lovely Christmas present?

Wow all my keyboards are different and have a small back space and the key that has | and \ is be the left shift, maybe that's why I am not a programmer ;).

They are some seriously lucky bloggers. What's the 0-60 like on those lap-tops. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.