As you all must have heard, Saddam Hussain was hanged on 30th of December at 8.30 AM (Indian standard time).

Very much like Hitler, killing innocent people was what brought him down. But yes, a end of another fine man like Hitler, who believed in what he wanted but used somewhat unfair means to achieve them.
He kept praising the Allah till the end.

May he rest in peace and Allah be with him....

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

As you all must have heard, Saddam Hussain was hanged on 30th of December at 8.30 AM (Indian standard time).

Very much like Hitler, killing innocent people was what brought him down. But yes, a end of another fine man like Hitler, who believed in what he wanted but used somewhat unfair means to achieve them.
He kept praising the Allah till the end.

May he rest in peace and Allah be with him....

And one must remember, Saddam Hussein, the dedicated puppet of the US\CIA (at least until he decided not to play along any more). Think "Taliban"-- U.S. funded up until 9-11. Not only interesting but suspect. We have Allies until they are our enemies. Who' next? :-|

Yeah, guess we will never know.

There is a very interesting saying associated with it:

Who actually gets to decide what reality is ? Well I guess the one has the power to mesmerize the simple minded with a propaganda which keeps them blinded.

I have heard that violence might ensue if this happend....

God help our country!!

of course it MIGHT ensue. If so it will go unnoticed in the violence already going on.
More likely though it will lead to more stability in Iraq as the Baathists have lost their main icon and will start to loose their will to fight.

Saddam was never a friend of the US, sharky. It was a simple case of "the enemy of my enemy", and Saddam was that when he was fighting the Ayatollahs.
Same as Stalin who got help from the US and UK against Germany, that too was no labour of love on the part of the US but simple politics.

His moustache will be much missed amongst comedy dictators the world over.

There's this video of Saddam's execution floating around on the internet - don't know if it's a fake - but in any case it's brutal and it's banned from the media.

**WARNING: THIS IS REALLY UGLY**

The footage looks like it's taken from a cell phone, and it also seems like the camera man is drunk...

It was shown (or parts thereof) on TV in several countries. The more gore the better for the press as gore equals viewers equals advertising income.

The reason it's not shown more is mainly the very poor quality and the fact that many stations don't want to "offend" muslims and therefore will show nothing negative about them (and some muslims don't like the fact that Saddam was hanged on one of their holy days).

His moustache will be much missed amongst comedy dictators the world over.

LOL ;) His moustache was one of his best qualities.

Saddam was never a friend of the US, sharky. It was a simple case of "the enemy of my enemy", and Saddam was that when he was fighting the Ayatollahs.

Exactly. It's a game of checks and balances. Sometimes you got to keep an enemy in check by supporting another enemy. Kind of like Russia did with the US in WWII. When Hitler turned on Russia they let the US help them out. Then they turned on us after the war and so began the Cold War.

We helped Saddam beat Iran and he turned on us. We helped Afghanistan and Bin Laden defeat a Russian invasion and they turned on us. Had we not aided the enemy, our other enemy would have gained more ground.

Until some one else comes up with a way to successfully defeat all our enemies this is the way it will continue to work.

friends and relatives of mine are in Iraq right now and I can tell you, it is definately6 civil war out there made worse by the fact the americans keep shotting our troops by accident

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.