:) Hello:!: I hope ur headaches, arn't 2bad, from celebr8ing the new year. :lol: :lol: The nic - Yisitsohard = Why is it so hard? 2find things, 2 get things working. Or is it so hard? 2 make things easy, 2 help people.
Anyway Have a Grand 2007 to All from this newbie Yisitsohard:!:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hey there buddy, happy new year to you too and welcome to Daniweb. :D

Happy New Year, and welcome to DaniWeb. Can this old geek request that you keep the 'TXT talk' shorthand to a minimum in forum though? It takes the same amount of time and space to write celebrating as it does celebr8ting and the former is much easier to read for the vast majority of people.

To quote the rules "We strive to be a community geared towards the professional. We strongly encourage all posts to be in full-sentence English. Please do not use "leet" speak or "chatroom" speak."

Ta :)

Happy New Year, and welcome to DaniWeb. Can this old geek request that you keep the 'TXT talk' shorthand to a minimum in forum though? It takes the same amount of time and space to write celebrating as it does celebr8ting and the former is much easier to read for the vast majority of people.

To quote the rules "We strive to be a community geared towards the professional. We strongly encourage all posts to be in full-sentence English. Please do not use "leet" speak or "chatroom" speak."

Ta :)

I will do my best, but cannot promise, to do so as my hands hurt, and typing in everything in full is agony. To put it mildly, I can see your point though. Not so young myself 38 going on 90.
:idea: I thought txt speak would be better, for those who were not good at spelling, I was wrong, it seems as though if you cannot read, normal type, it's even harder to read "leet" speak or "chatroom" speak.", yet it is not as new as some people seem to think, it is probably as old as writing. Must be real hell for people who are dyslexic. Of course if you also have trouble typing like me, oh yes and remembering to leave letters like t out of celebr8ing. It was not designed for lazy people, it was supposedly "designed" to save space. Eg: if I can be bothered to change a walkthrough consisting, say 11 pages down to 8 or 9 pages, I'm also saving the enviroment by printing less out. Not the ideal example maybe but hopefully you get the point. It is also no good for lazy people to read, because you have to work twice as hard, to work out what it says. Saying that the so called "professionals" you are geared towards should be experts at any sort of shorthand, not to mention geek lingo, and long pointless explanations, where a few plain words would suffice. Less geek more meek! :-) Maybe you should ask politely instead of encourage strongly. You might just be suprised.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.