I'm almost done with my new computer setup. I got it up and running right now but some of the parts aren't staying.

Right now it consists of:

AMD Anthlon 64 X2 3800+ AM2 socket
Asus M2N4-SLI (This motherboard blows. Don't recommend it at all. I am thinking about this motherboard: Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail)
Antec NEO HE 550 SLI Power Supply
BFG 7900GS (This card is awesome. For $189 it will play F.E.A.R. all the way up at 1440x900. Got it running 575/745, stock is 540/660. Using stock cooler for now. This should be here tomorrow: Newegg.com - ZALMAN VF900 – CU 2 Ball VGA Cooler - Retail )
36GB Raptor (It will be replaced with 2 250GB 16MB Cache WD Sata 3gb/s hard drives that I just ordered :) Will be Raid 0)
320GB WD
Sony 16x DVD Burner
The case is a Lian Li Mid tower. Its a very nice case.

So far the only thing I hate is the motherboard. It won't allow me to over clock at all. It will double my CPU temps if I go from 2.0GHZ to 2.1GHZ. I researched and it seems I am not the only one with these problems. I have one of the best heatsinks out there too so it shouldn't be an issue but it is.

The raptor is one of the first that came out a couple of years ago and is only 8MB cache and has a high pitched whine with it. I dont feel like spending more money on these things as you get very little space for your money and they are loud as hell when accessing data. The raid 0 250GB 16MB should out perform my single one by a long shot and give me more space :D

What does everyone else run?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Nothing special, just the normal stuff required to get the Windows up and running, getting my code compiled and for listening to songs. Plain and simple. :D

Forgot to throw in the Ram. 2GB G.Skill DDR800

Wow, that really is some configuration. Any chance you are one of those MMORPG freaks who like the graphics to be picture perfect...;)

Nah I just play a couple of games. F.E.A.R. and Far Cry mainly. My last system just could barely run them so when I built this one I made sure to get a card/system that would do me for awhile. Plus Far Cry 2 is coming out soon and I will be getting that as soon as it comes out :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.