Hello all. I'm a college professor in Environmental Engineering and I write mostly scientific/data visualization code for my and my students' use. I joined mostly in self defense due to frustration in converting from vb6 to vb.net and all its pecadillos. The two main activities are data plotting (now ZedGraph) and statistical analysis (Fortran, R), and linking numerical models to visualzation tools. As I'm aging (think punch cards) I've struggled to adapt to fully object oriented computing (it's amazing how much vb6 looks like Fortran) and have been accused of writing all code in Fortran regardless of whether I'm using a vb, c, c++, c# or fortran compiler, if you get my meaning. I'm looking forward to learning from the daniweb community and hope I may be able to contribute in some small way. Cheers.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey welcome to DaniWeb, I'm sure your experience will be of great benefit to many of our members.

Welcome to DaniWeb... I hope you get what you came for!

Thanks to all for the welcome. I need all the help I can get.

Hay Buddy,

Welcome to Daniweb

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.