New member here. Well i guess i should tell you that im 15 and looking into starting programming. Taking a class in school for VB which i hope will be my first step into programming. Taking the class since i have a hard ass time trying to teach myself. Im hoping to change that here on these forums with the tutorials ive found around on here. So heres my introduction.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

Welcome, KalebG! If you haven't already found it yet, the VB forum is here. Have a good time at Daniweb!

i am 17 now

i started VB first when i was 14 so i could get an understanding of the concepts behind programming and general good coding practice

then i moved on to c# and am now doing basic c++

hint: spend the money and get a good book - do not ever buy anything that says for dummies or in 24 hours (although 21 days is good) - my fave is VB.NET 2005 step by step by microsoft press

if you are a student you can get the full Visual Studio Standard (academic licence) for under £40 off of www.dabs.com (uk site may not be ok if your american) - usual price is over £500

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.