Hi, everyone must be aware of chinese post man problem. :)
decription is as follows:
Postmen deliver letters down roads. The Chinese Postman Problem is to find the shortest route in a network that uses every arc (directed edge) and gets back to where they started (closed problem) or doesn't go back (open problem). There are many further variations on the problem, but we are concerned with weighted directed graphs with (possible) parallel arcs, so-called weighted multidigraphs -- what the world wide web is made out of from its HTML links, which are directed and may be repeated. We allow weights because we might, for example, be interested in how long a user takes to explore a web site, so the weights could be measured in seconds. main intention is to get the code to find the solution ..
Please reply me now with a solution.:)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

No.

Why don't you plan out how to do your homework problem, work out the answer, and reply me with the solution; Now.

No.

Why don't you plan out how to do your homework problem, work out the answer, and reply me with the solution; Now.

:lol:

The solution may lie in the field of "scale free networks" rather than Chinese postmen. If you have a specific question about a coding problem there are several forums on this site for such queries. But the same applies as Matt said, it is you who needs to tell us the answer. Preferably, now. Good luck.

Steven.

hey thanks for the reponses...
any way this is not my homw work. i got it in the webaite , but cud not get the rite solution. so thought of asking u ppl. any way i am working on it. once i get it , i ll post it here. In meanwhile , if somebody has any idea, do inform me.

Well. I apologise for my terseness in that post; but only if you're generally interested in this problem for entertainment, and not just after a quick answer.

There is no solution to the question, (partly because there's also no real question in your post).

If you want to model a complex system, the best place to start is planning. If you draw some diagrams, and work out the "answer" for those diagrams, perhaps it will help you to get closer to a reusable algorithm.

There's going to be an enourmous element of chance in "how long a user takes to explore a web site". Perhaps a better value to find is the maximum or minimum time it takes a user to explore a website.

Even then, the model will either have to be very comprehensive (with each page accounted for) or very vague (using averages/predictions).

I've had a little look at this tonight... There's always gonna be a huge number of solutions, and a huge number of questions.

Perhaps I'll reply my findings aswell at some point...

Is this one of those questions that's baffled mathematicians eternally?

hi
i am working on that. I find it very difficult to go to a particular point in web. anyway thanks for having interest in this problem. i admit that there was no clear specification of problem, since i had out it generally.
this may be the example wer specification not directing to a good solution.

That's quite comprehensive; but it doesn't cover the website situation well; because a user doesn't neccessarily have a sitemap in their head but links do usually have informative titles... =P To make it accurate for a website; you need a per-path constant of 'link naming sensibility', and per traverser constants of 'link name interpretation' and 'memory', infact link name interpretation should increase as the traverser explores the site, assuming that they have a good memory.

And hey, you do realise you have to implement human nature to get it truely accurate ^_-

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.