Hey Everybody,

My name is Mike, and I'm living in BC, Canada. I have joined to dicuss, help, and request help with mainly PHP, but also other areas. I work for an IT based company where I am using PHP to convert/migrate our old database to the new systems' database. I also perform other misc maintenance tasks on our servers, and sometimes I deal with in-office tech issues.

Look foward to getting into the geek talk!

Nice meeting ya,
Mike

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Hi welcome to daniweb.

What type of database are you migrating to? Is it an sql, oracle, access database etc...

Hi Mike, welcome to DaniWeb...

Hi welcome to daniweb.

What type of database are you migrating to? Is it an sql, oracle, access database etc...

iamthwee,

I am converting a MySQL database to a MsSQL database. I am only on the first component which is migrating the users.

The old database is for a PHP wrote system my company had customly scripted for them. The PHP scripts are behind lock and key so I can't view the source code. This has made the migration a HUGE headache because I can't always understand what things are doing and how.

The new system is a commerical software that uses CGIs, and of course those scripts are under lock and key as well.

Thanks,
Mike

welcome aboard, mike!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.