Yesterday was the worst storm in 15 years in Holland, Engeland, Belgium etc.
So I was wondering if anyone has any damage?
My roof apperantly isn't waterproof, so yesterday the water started coming through the ceiling into my kitchen and living-room. Which was quite...refreshing..
This mourning when I looked out the window I saw that my fence had abandoned my garden and decided to continue the short remainder of it's live in my neighbours garden.
The house where I practice with my band doesn't have telephone or water anymore and there's a big hole in the roof... Pics will be coming soon.
So how was it in other countries?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Nothing here, all smooth sailing, though it was exceptionally cold yesterday...

First pics from Holland.

I'll be posting some pics from my house soon..

It was really bad here in Belgium. We had gusts up to 90Kmph. We had some minor yard damage and we also had a tree snap in our front yard and it punctured the sewer line. Here is a picture, but we had already started cutting it down this morning. This tree was just as large as the one left standing. It sucks. I like my trees.

[img]http://www.ilovecode.com/pics/second-tree.jpg[/img]

10 dead in the UK, ranging from falling trees onto cars, falling walls onto people and even a truck driver whose vehicle tipped over in North Yorkshire killing him.

We have sporadic power here, school (in next village) has been closed today as it has been without power since 5pm (GMT) yesterday, power OK in our village at the moment but not sure for how long.

Several large trees down in our area, four along one 3 mile stretch of road alone (and I mean big, mature, trees of some girth) which caused it to close.

No structural damage to the house, but half a fence blown clean away and one tree down in the bottom field, plus all the usual debris from elsewhere that has found us.

All in all, I feel quite lucky that we have escaped so lightly. Now we are waiting for the snow which is promised over the weekend and into next week.

6 dead in the Netherlands, cause: falling trees.

The power is back since this night, my house didn't have any problems.
Part of my village doesn't have water and/or telephone anymore.

All in all, I feel quite lucky that we have escaped so lightly. Now we are waiting for the snow which is promised over the weekend and into next week.

Agreed on all fronts.

I had to spend nearly two and a half hours getting home last night on what is usually a 20-minute journey. I also nearly wasn't allowed on the bus because they wouldn't accept my oyster card. My dad was nearly killed on his early-morning run when a large branch of a nearby tree flung across the towpath, and my sister was practically blown off her feet walking home from the school around the corner.

Power still looks sounds where I am, and should hold up.

Ah well, every cloud has a silver lining, as it were. Snowtime!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.