Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

The trick is for each spouse to have a computer then go to a chat room and talk to one another. :eek:

I'm part of that 65%. Not always because I want to be though, she and I both work and have conflicting schedules.

My computer AND my spouse. I realize that I spend most of my day\night on the computer programming for work and personal projects; I work from home so have the luxury of always being around my girlfriend (whom I live with). She does not work so we are always together. We each have our own rig (me the PC, her the laptop); I program and she watches movies on her computer. We are in the same room about 2-3 feet apart. We love it. We do spend great quality, non-computer time together: meals, church, walks, playing with our pets, talking\debating philosophy and religion.

We both look very forward to having a true Virtual Reality system in our house (hopefully within the next 10-20 years); this way we can suit-up, boot up, and travel together. The only issue will probably be what we do in VR: She wants to World travel, I want to travel to the Middle Ages-Europe, WWII. We both love history so I hope we can both visit ancient Athens or Rome together as a compromise. ;)

Ooh! That's a tough one .. Whe I get married again .. I say both ... You know there is a unwitten coe in Kayaks and Surfing ... Its OK to ride toether every now an then .. but to keep the peace .. two kayakss or two surfboards ... So Twom cmputers .. not necessarily the same brand but what you want ... If she's apple and I PC (I've never been politcally correct so I must mean computer or Me apple she PC ...

All kidding aside ... I've learned to back up from the computer ... give a little of my time, listen and be attentive ... and keep things interesting .. I know weh to leave the computer and spend a little quality time.. :)

Computers come and go ... but a great woman is a great wonan
(No my girfriend isn't standing behind me as I type ...really!)

(No my girfriend isn't standing behind me as I type ...really!) LOL :lol:

I met my mate via the computer so it goes without saying that these special machines play a special role in our life together. ;)

I used to know a couple who used IRC to chat to each other while in the same room! Needless to say, they are a couple no longer...

Happy and mattyd,

Does you wife or girlfriend send you IMs or Honey Emails? Mine has done that but she's kinda old fashion in the note department .. I still get notes in my lunch and hidden in my backpack .. I kinda like the old way more instead of electronically :)

Happy BTW How are the Kids?

Happy and mattyd,

Does you wife or girlfriend send you IMs or Honey Emails? Mine has done that but she's kinda old fashion in the note department .. I still get notes in my lunch and hidden in my backpack .. I kinda like the old way more instead of electronically :)

Hi:
Yes, my girl sends me e-mails from about two-feet away sometimes from her laptop to my PC; e-cards, pictures. :cheesy: She is very sweet. I do the same from time-to-time also. But we still are very old-fashioned: notes, flowers, etc. The mix of "old" and new is very nice.

Regards,
Matty D.

Yup, I get the ecards also..but i think Its and unwritten law that I have to give real cards and real flowers. I was thinking of just sending a jpg of some flowers... but i sent the jpg w/ a note "look on your office table" she went into the office and called me up to thank me for both...

My former girlfriend was a game warden and we used to send messages on the CAD comp aide dispatch .. as a coded admin message car to car.. but the dispatchers saw the high volume of messages and times and put two and two together.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.