...a search for my name on Google (without a space, [as my display name]); puts something related to me on the top of page 2 of the results; two things infact; and something on page 3 aswell.

All those other MattEvans had better watch out... ;)

If I'd signed up with a silly name like "ImmortalWarrior" (don't laugh, I used that name for years); it wouldn't be much of an acolade, but it's my real name!

I think I'm gonna tell that too everyone I meet from now.

Recommended Answers

All 77 Replies

Perhaps we should let everyone know that if they post quality messages on DaniWeb it can help get them Google visibility :)

Since google seems to be ignoring ( ~ ) and ( . ) and sos is a fairly famous term (the term used for help or call for help) I guess I am on my own.... ;)

haha, ~s.o.s~ we're in the same boat. So much for being original...

same i have under jbennet i have 31,000 hits and under proliant_fan i have 26800

haha, ~s.o.s~ we're in the same boat. So much for being original...

Hey look at the brighter side, it is original...:cheesy:

Hey look at the brighter side, it is original...:cheesy:

Is S.O.S. supposed to stand for something? Like Save Our Sanjay? :mrgreen:

Is S.O.S. supposed to stand for something? Like Save Our Sanjay?

No, it goes something like Sanjay Our Saviour...:cheesy:

When I type linux into Google, I get my display name as the first hit! Wait, no I don't...

No, it goes something like Sanjay Our Saviour...

Hey I just thought of an even better one...

Sanity or Sanjay :mrgreen:

How bout the good ol' Save our Ship?

Save Our Souls isnt it?

Hey I just thought of an even better one...

Sanity or Sanjay

:D

I guess now you all must know what is so special about this name...eveyone has got different interpretations for it.... ;)

Just tried this for myself...got some interesting results back.

Six of the ten items on the first page of results are mine. The top two are references to questions I've asked on Daniweb.

Interestingly enough, only one item (the top one in my results) on the second page was mine.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

What Aboy Science Of Stupidity

What Aboy Science Of Stupidity

Nah...its not that cool... ;)

I thought it was Some One Special... but I'm a girl. So yeah.

That's fine, but you ask ~sos~ what my name "VISHESH" means, he would tell you, and then you decide.:mrgreen:;)

Hm... not bad, why didn't I think of it before... ;)

That's fine, but you ask ~sos~ what my name "VISHESH" means, he would tell you, and then you decide

But I really don't know... :twisted:

Ha.. I like:
Surrender Or Suffer
=P

Wow, this thread sure is turning out to be interesting for me....I guess ~s.o.s~ has limitless possibilities. ;)

Good one Matt. :P

>Wow, this thread sure is turning out to be interesting for me...
Oops, my fault for dragging the thread off-topic. :o

Anyway, let me think of a few more:

• Smartness of Sanjay
  • Selling our Stupidity

I sure hope I don't get negative rep from him for this... ;)

Oops, my fault for dragging the thread off-topic.

No problem, my friend. After all you are posting non spam and this is the geeks lounge... ;)

I sure hope I don't get negative rep from him for this...

Oh come on, you are one of my best friends, why would I do that....*clicks on the repuatation link...* :mrgreen:

>clicks on the repuatation link...
*Pale-faced, checks his reputation... nearly faints with relief* :mrgreen:

Heh, I like those little reputation blurbs; "user is a whatever"..

I wonder, what an unpleasant (negative rep) one would say ...

EDIT: It's worth editing to make some up:

- MattEvans is a toll on our sanity
- MattEvans is a confusion to many
- MattEvans is somewhat unpleasant
- MattEvans is the root of all evil

... feel free to continue that at your will, but use your own display name, or i'll take it personally =P

I guess someone here has developed an implicit liking towards newsgroup style quoting.... ;)

I guess someone here has developed an implicit liking towards newsgroup style quoting.... ;)

If I have really understood what was going inside your mind....it was a good observation:mrgreen:

I kind of like using it for making quick comments to small sentances because it obstructs the post too much when using quote tags. Example to prove my point:

why is fflush(stdin) wrong

<link>

what should I use instead

blah blah etc.

also, I'm wondering what classes are

<another link>

It makes the post WAY too long, and too hard to read. Using '>' instead makes it much cleaner and shorter to read.

I still like using quote tags for larger paragraphs though...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.