Hey all. Not sure if this is really the place to post this, but I thought all you techies may have some knowledge about this:

Is there a service that will cut MP3 files, CD's, etc. to vinyls? I have looked at a couple of cutting machines, but I don't really have that sort of cash. So, any ideas?

Cheers, DG :D

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

why do you want to put it back on vinyl?

To use on decks. So, any ideas? Apart from buying CD decks.

You could try to find a company that would cut the vinyls for you. They could probably cut a few song for you onto one vinyl at a price though.. I know thoughs vinyl cutters are a few G's so thats out of the question. And if can afford one you have to have a room thats complete quiet and vibration free, a company would be the best way, they wouldnt be worried about copyrighting or another like that i know blank vinyls cost around 25dollars so your paying more than $25. You should try to find some records store and ask them if they know where to get them cut. Are you a DJ or music producer or just doing it for your grand parents to play on there 45 hope this helps

Thanks for the advice :) Sorry I took a while to post, was on holiday.

Yeah, I've looked at a couple companies, yet to phone up and check. I'll ask at some record stores :)

As for your last question, my friend is a DJ and I'm thinking about producing some of his music for him. We don't have the cash for CD/Vinyl combo decks, so we need to figure out a way to get the tracks onto vinyl.

Thansk again for the help. :)

I wonder if putting them back on an ANALOG platform would also restore the FULL QUALITY of an analog stream.. (Records,etc)

commented: yohoho -1

I wonder if putting them back on an ANALOG platform would also restore the FULL QUALITY of an analog stream.. (Records,etc)

i would think not, as the analog data between the recorded peaks on the digital copy (at any bitrate) is lost.

How upsetting.....

You can never go backwards. Lost data is lost.

With Final Scratch 2, you hook your decks to your laptop and mix your mp3s on vinyl. There's two special records supplied and you select the tracks using software.

Hey all. Not sure if this is really the place to post this, but I thought all you techies may have some knowledge about this:

Is there a service that will cut MP3 files, CD's, etc. to vinyls? I have looked at a couple of cutting machines, but I don't really have that sort of cash. So, any ideas?

Cheers, DG :D

Not so much a service as it is just fantastic. The answer to all your problems...Rane SL3 Scratch Live interface for Serato. You have control vinyl that plays a steady tone. You drag and drop any mp3 into the computer software and it replaces that steady tone and play through the turntables. The scratch and feel are impossible to separate from real vinyl.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.