Just wanna know -- Computers tend you make you kinda fake..

Ah man!!

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

ok dunt understand the question, hehehe ive got a new cool pic mine since ive got this cool tatoo :P

Well hehe hope that gets the question, thats who I am :D

I present myself differently, but my personality is basically the same. Easy going, quiet except when I think I can make a difference, and nice enough to keep from making enemies. ;)

I guess I'm kind of fake, but not where it really matters. :)

i present myself as me im just like i am in real life when im here

I present myself differently, but my personality is basically the same. Easy going, quiet except when I think I can make a difference, and nice enough to keep from making enemies. ;)

Yep, and you've got the perfect avatar.

Generally I don't get to talk all techie like I do here, so it's kinda like letting my inner geek loose here on DaniWeb. :cool:

I don't know. I haven't been here too long. I guess I could say that I have pretty much been myself so far...

Yep, and you've got the perfect avatar.

Oh, I supposed I'd best not change it then. ;)

Ah man!!

I am the same way on-line as in "real-life" I believe; I am usually quite but can be very opinionated. I like to have fun (but not too much). I prefer being "serious" and am usually this way a percentage of the time, sometimes "dark" or fatalistic, yet, then again, I consider myself a positive, light-hearted person as well-- I guess it depends on the circumstances and the mood I am in. I am often obsessive-compulsive and this enters all areas of my life. Yet, I can be quite a lazy person and do nothing but play video games or read.

Me and Chewbacca
[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/reranger/DSC01245-1.jpg[/IMG]

I try to tone down my opinionated demeanor on <Daniweb> as I see that it only leads to battles amongst certain members who are always looking for fight. I try to work on my character defects as much as possible but I try not to work them out on here through exhibition of said traits.

MattyD

Well I am just a simple man with simple needs, who believes in making a difference whereever he can.

As far as selecting an option is concerned...*hmm*

im just a simple person not a geek looking type, btw people that get just to know me think im the kinda guy that is only in parties, low grades, not an intelligent one... but hey look at me im a complete computer freak... even when i go to sleep at my girlfriend's (she doesnt let me use her computer because she says im paying more attention to computers than to her).. I dream that I check my email!!!!

Thats how I know im a complete freak-o

If you guys get the impression that I'm a complete geek, nerd, businesswoman, and total and absolute workaholic, then I'm the same offline as online.

However, I still voted for "the person I wish I could be" as offline I'm a rather reserved geek who buries herself in her work and spends her days on the computer, and online I'm a bit of a mini-celebrity, especially across Internet marketing circles, and of course among DaniWeb's 150,000 members.

I would love to see how Narue answers this question.

I'm pretty much the same. Although, offline I'm kinda silly and quite a bit louder ;)

I have always been exactly the same on and offline, much to the surprise of many who have met me in the past. Some of my online personas have been very manic indeed, but that was just a reflection of the real world me at the time.

The shock now with some folk is more to do with the lingering info effect of the Internet. I have had people meet me at conferences who expect me to still have a pink mohawk haircut, be in a wheelchair or look the same as I did when I presented a TV show here in the UK 10 years ago.

Bizarre, but I guess understandable.

Offline? What's that?

Seriously, I'm myself. I'm not always 100% sure what that is, mind you...I have changed somewhat over time. But I really don't see a point to attempting to fool others about your nature; you'll either eventually slip and let something loose, or else you'll begin to go slightly crazed (not crazy) attempting to keep the multiple 'yous' straight.

This doesn't mean I don't mind hiding tracking details. I'm a bit paranoid IRL, and so I tend to do as little as possible to reveal anything about myself online that might come back to haunt me.

im always "online" thanks to the wonders of a bluetooth conencted phone and my pda (hehehe silly network gave me 1000 free mins of data time a month)

>I would love to see how Narue answers this question.
I'm completely different here than in real life. The anonymous nature of the web makes it much easier to experiment with different ways of expressing yourself without risk.

so are you normal in real life then :) ?

>so are you normal in real life then?
It depends on what you would call normal...

I am definitely how I am in public.. but I'm probably a little more outspoken on the internet.

btw: Matty! Your dog is adorable! & I absolutely love the name.

If you guys get the impression that I'm a complete geek, nerd, businesswoman, and total and absolute workaholic, then I'm the same offline as online.
QUOTE]

STEP ONE - Admittance to nerdyness.

HI5!

>so are you normal in real life then?
It depends on what you would call normal...

but we still love you (even then you kicked my butt on C++ forum couple times :cheesy: )

im always "online" thanks to the wonders of a bluetooth conencted phone and my pda (hehehe silly network gave me 1000 free mins of data time a month)

LOL I wouldn't want to be your parent, to pay all that high-tech toys :mrgreen: . But thats fine if that keep you busy instead of doing stupid things on street

For me, I'm the same online & offline. Sometimes realy stupid will helping people to much and next time talking to much, bahhhhhhh why should I change there is always somebody who will need my help or need somebody to talk about anything and nothing

lol i saved up birthday money since i was like 11 to buy my pda :)

and my proliant (hence my old daniweb username of proliant_fan) was free from school as was numerous crummy RM pc's.'

and the rest are mainly "broken" or "ancient" pcs i got from people and did up

parents dont buy me a huge amount of computer things (although they did buy me a shiny new dell christmas 2005)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.