What color is yours?

Recommended Answers

All 40 Replies

I do not own an iPod, instead, a black-silver Lyra. I do not know if I will ever give in and by an Apple product such as this. A bit over-hyped and marketed as too cool :rolleyes: (we have a term for that up here where I live, but I shall refrain from saying it here ;)) for my tastes. I would probably give the new Microsoft player a chance first-- I like its style better overall.

Matty

I do not own an iPod either. Instead I have a Toshiba something-or-other featuring a 60GB hard drive, 15.4" screen for movies, and no DRM restrictions. It's silver. :p

[edit:] rofl at the results so far... 4 people with "what iPod?"

I dont like apples tacicts with DRM either.

I own a Toshiba e750 pocketpc with 2144mb of memory - i get 500 - 1000 songs - and it has outlook, IE, msn, windoes media player for movies and a screen 3 times that of the ipod. It only cost me £115

I dont like apples tacicts with DRM either.

Unfortunately, DRM is the only way they'll get the contracts to distribute multimedia. I'm pretty sure MSFT is in the same boat and that they wouldn't have put so much DRM into Vista if it weren't for pressures from the recording industry... the CEOs of both companies have spoken out against DRM, or at least how it's being used. It's just a lack of consumer response that allows DRM to continue being spread.

thats why i refuse to use vista or xp

good old win2k eh - no activation or WGA

Hey Dude -- apparently you are the only one who used an iPod :mrgreen: I don't own one either -- I just got my first cell phone for Christmas and I rarely use it.

Ipods aren't compatible with my Napster To Go so I don't have one either :)

(But the mp3 player I use is black)

those U2 ipods are popular...

I waited to buy one until Apple released them in the only colour that's any good: black.
All the others are either too flashy or too dirty, and the iconic white makes you look like a typical "me2" person who bought an iPod just because it's supposedly "kewl" to have one.

Why an iPod (Nano)? After looking at everything available and reading a lot of reviews, it turned out to be the best value for money.
Decent battery life, good form factor, reasonable price.

I don't care one bit about DRM, as I don't give out copies of what I buy to others (and therefore am not bothered by DRM restricting me from doing that).
If others want to have that music, they can buy their own.

namos are crap. When they were new I had a choice of an ipod nano 1gb for over £200 or a Dell axim PDA with 2gb of SD for £50 more. I chose the axim

What color is yours?

I've had my 2G iPod for 4 and a half years now and its still going - battery only lasts about 4 hours from its original 8. When I got it hardly anyone knew what it was. Now every tom dick and harry has one; even people who are not interested in technology/gadgets.

All the other MP3 players I've tried just don't feel as well made, have more difficult navigation and worse UI. The 'extra features' like radio, various recording options and stuff don't interest me.

As a mac user iPod just fits in seamlessly.

A few years ago when I was a student I'd mess round and tweak with everything; now so long as it works and I don't have to mess round with it I'm happy. Amazing how priorities change once you have to actually do some work :)

Hey Dude -- apparently you are the only one who used an iPod :mrgreen: I don't own one either -- I just got my first cell phone for Christmas and I rarely use it.

Funnily enough, its the same case with me... ;)

I have a 60GB Black video ipod. Love it.

it's a black ipod nano.. black's my fave color, btw:)

no-one buys video ipods here as itunes video store is a bit funny about selling to UK customers due to some crazy licencing problem

I just have a 2GB black iPod nano. Can't understand the need for more than 2GB, I rarely travel long enough to listen to all the songs I currently have!

same here. 2GB is 24 hours (roughly), more than enough.

You forgot to put Which one :cheesy: ... well I can put it there

Which one 1 :cool:

I don't care one bit about DRM, as I don't give out copies of what I buy to others (and therefore am not bothered by DRM restricting me from doing that).
If others want to have that music, they can buy their own.

If your ipod breaks and you get a new one you have to pay to transfer your music licences to it and also it onyl lets you burn music to cd 3 times

That is why DRM is evil

If your ipod breaks and you get a new one you have to pay to transfer your music licences to it

Not that I know of. From what I know, content purchased from the iTunes Store can be played on up to 5 computers at a time and an unlimited number of iPods. And computer limitation isn't fixed; you can deauthorize one computer and then authorize another one. You just aren't allowed to authorize more than 5 at a time.

and also it onyl lets you burn music to cd 3 times

I think it's 5... And you can easily get around the limitation by backing up iTunes' "Music Library" database before burning, and then restoring it. Not sure how legal it is, although it can't be completely illegal, because you are allowed to reformat your hard drive (which would effectively reset the burn count). :rolleyes:

ahhh that clears a lot of things up

Another reason I don't care about those limitations is that I only (so far) play music on my iPod that I imported from my own CDs.
So there's no DRM involved at all :)

And as I only have 4 computers, plus 2 at work, and have iTunes installed on only 2 of them, it doesn't matter anyway ;)

I just have a 2GB black iPod nano. Can't understand the need for more than 2GB, I rarely travel long enough to listen to all the songs I currently have!

I got the bigger one because I want to be able to carry all of my music with me, not just a few songs from various CDs. I also need the extra space because I rip all of my CDs at 320Kbps. That's about 120 - 160MB per CD.

i do all my stuff at 256 as someone told me the average ear cant tell the difference between 256kb and above

I got the bigger one because I want to be able to carry all of my music with me, not just a few songs from various CDs. I also need the extra space because I rip all of my CDs at 320Kbps. That's about 120 - 160MB per CD.

only necessary if you use mp3 rather than aac (which has far better audio quality at lower bitrates than does mp3).

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well, i have 4GB iPod Nano. I got a year ago and is working perfectly fine. 4 GB is more than i need. I really dont care about iTunes music store cause i rip my cd's and load them to ipod.

What i hate is its costly services. After sometime if my battery get exhausted, its takes a lots of bugs to replace it.

heck. Most people probably never get to the point of wanting a battery replacement.
By the time the battery runs out they've long since replaced their iPod with the next model ('cause you can't be seen with last year's model...).

heck. Most people probably never get to the point of wanting a battery replacement.
By the time the battery runs out they've long since replaced their iPod with the next model ('cause you can't be seen with last year's model...).

I'm waiting for mine to become retro!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.