M.Y.S.P.A.C.E.

Meet Your Stalkers, Peter And Cindy Edmonton

Change the names if you like, but I still think it's completely true.

Recommended Answers

All 32 Replies

I hate myspace. Horrible site and it gets so cluttered with idiots putting stupid stuff up. Bebo is better, but only just. My girlfriend uses it, yet she wont listen about staying safe. Silly girl.

My girlfriend's 12-year old nephew lives on Myspace with his "peeps" :-| We monitor his site and social network and some of the crap we see from these little kids (especially the 11-year old girls)-- wow :eek: It's bizarre and hard to believe kids are like this nowadays. When I was 11-12 I was afraid of girl's :lol: not posting obscenities, rap lyrics about gang-banging, and being involved daily with what essentially come's down to a digital whorehouse for wannabe Britney Spears children. Sad. :sad: +, it's such a tacky site with ugly, overloaded pages rife with animations. I thought people realized how BAD so much animation made your page look and how much it overwhelms page loads. (well, I guess the average, non-techie has no idea about that or could even care.)

Regards,
Matty

M.Y.S.P.A.C.E.

Meet Your Stalkers, Peter And Cindy Edmonton

Change the names if you like, but I still think it's completely true.

Excellent!!

But really? How can normal people STAND Myspace? It takes 564328756 years to load the damn pages even if they only have one picture and a song. Plus, with these kids putting "Pimp my Pro" crap on it, only people with a high end amazing computer with a 3GHz processor and 16GB of RAM, along with a T1/T3 connection can load it like a normal page. Plus, have you guys ever even tried to edit a Myspace page? My friend wanted me to add some Javascript and CSS to his page, but I couldn't stand how long it took to load the editing page. I think they would need 400 new servers to make it run fast (and even that would still run sluggishly with all of the new members joining every second).

Overall - Myspace = Waste of time and waste of brain cells

Overall - Myspace = Waste of time and waste of brain cells

Most definately. ;) The company I've been programming for has a MySpace; when I first started and was told: "Check out our MySpace!", I went to it begrudgingly, suspiciously and upon it finally loading thought... "NO!" :eek: :evil::o

MySpace has name-branding no different than Coca-Cola or Nike, now-- this is great for the owners and their profit-margin, obviously, but terminal for web-culture not to mention society. The only positive I can see in it is that it will hopefully be a starting-point for web newbies (kids) to eventually fall in love with computers and realize there are much better options out there where you can both make friends and learn (like Daniweb, for example). I am not suggesting everyone should or can be a hardcore techie, but, please, it would take no effort to find better alternatives to Myspace if one was so inclined. :)

MattyD

i made up one for Vista.

Viruses
Infections
Spyware
Trojans
Adware

i made up one for Vista.

Viruses
Infections
Spyware
Trojans
Adware

:lol: Nice ;)

actually i think i heard that somewhere.....

I find myspace good for getting music out there etc. but the little teenyboppers who post such creepy content (you know what im talking about)
and they all abuse the bulletin board with "repost this or you will be attacked tonigt" or "repost this in one minute or you will be a virgin forever"

It is intended for over 15 year olds - but still,nothing stops these kids from saying the are 15 but actually being like 13.

You take it or you leave it

actually i think i heard that somewhere.....

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread61714.html&page=3#post277864
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?t=85556

And that's as far as I can trace the origin of that acronym...

Regarding the original topic: MySpace is a fad. It's something that all the teenagers want to go on, partly to socialize, but mostly because everyone else is doing it. And given the popularity of the teens on it, businesses figure they can get popularity on their page if they make one.

And agreed with the page quality on MySpace, most of the authors have no concept of web page design. Perhaps they should go on DaniWeb instead of MySpace; at least they'd learn how to design web pages properly ;).

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread61714.html&page=3#post277864
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?t=85556

And that's as far as I can trace the origin of that acronym...

MySpace is a fad. It's something that all the teenagers want to go on, partly to socialize, but mostly because everyone else is doing it. And given the popularity of the teens on it, businesses figure they can get popularity on their page if they make one.

Agreed, The myspace era will eventually blow over once kids realise there is not much to it that everyone thinks - until then - "tom" sits in his chair receiving million dollar checks

ah after rereading some old magazines i have discovered that i picked up the VISTA acronym from Peronal Computer World so please give them credit for it :)

i like myspace.
sorry i'm weird i guess.

Only social networking site I use is Facebook, which still has a nice clean interface. I can't stand myspace pages though, they're about as bad as <marquee> and <blink>. I will admit, I'm basing that on approximately 2 page loads though (took less time to close the tab than it took to load the page :p)

im a myspace addict.

If I needed to socialize with random strangers on the Internet, I'd just head to DaniWeb.

The thing is, that I know 99% of the people I have on my list on myspace... but I agree... DaniWeb is a nice place to socialize with strangers. :)

i always feel safe on daniweb

daniweb isnt as involved with personal information like myspace. but my profile is set to private, so yay. no worries.

i dont mind having my profile public. My email used to be in my sig for years too and i dont get much spam (about the same as say, hotmail does)

HAHA A Myspace addict? You mean you like never-ending loading pages?

My sister uses Myspace and is like:

"ZOMG LoOk aT aLL mY FriEnDz frOm LiKe sHroozbury! i'M sO pOpULaR wiT my LiEk 200 baZiLLiOn friedndz omgz"

Why don't these people learn a programming or scripting language for God sake? Make something out of your life!

EDIT: I don't mean you in particular...

Well that's good, because I'm definitely not like that. I just like to stay in touch with my friends... and besides that... it's pretty fun.

Good for you. But still, Myspace is lame. Use AIM or something... Why don't you make a website (xxx.com, not really xxx, but x as a variable) and post there? Blogspot is a good place for these kinds of "peeps".

lol i just noticed that in a month christina has made as many posts as i make in nearly a year

page loading isnt a problem for me, takes normal time and i'm running on wireless internet and a 1.6ghz processor... all be it dual core :)

i have zee myspace www.myspace.com/roomforthedead

why? because my brother told me to. then because a friend (Ape) posts his blogs which were (and sometimes still are) pretty good. haven't edited it for about ... months... hate people who have music that starts straight off.. I HAVE MY OWN MUSIC PLAYING THANK YOU VERY MUCH! some pages are way over gimmiked.

only met one wierd person, and he wasn't too bad.

a couple ol' school friends found me through there too.. so it does have some use.. speaking of which, i'm going to go log in :)

also, i know everyone on my list from either "real life" or outside internet sources, aside from the bands. but I DL their music so it's only fair i'm their friend :D

lol i just noticed that in a month christina has made as many posts as i make in nearly a year

lol, what can I say... I don't have a life. :cheesy:

Good for you. But still, Myspace is lame. Use AIM or something... Why don't you make a website (xxx.com, not really xxx, but x as a variable) and post there? Blogspot is a good place for these kinds of "peeps".

Lol I don't think it's lame. But I do use AIM and MSN so yeah. I'm a high school student (and a girl), so of course I'm gonna use Myspace! ;)

i use bebo and msn and have my own website but im still a computer nerd through and through :(

i need to get a life... :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.