Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

(Many) Girls are smart. I mean, I believe statistics show that boys\men are pushed more than females to focus on Math and the sciences (hence, mostly men in IT\Programming) but I know female scientists. programmers, engineers, etc. They are incredibly intelligent. My girlfriend is higly intelligent and I love this about her! I learn so much from her. She does not "paint her nails" or wear make-up (I detest make-up on women :evil: )She is also a big nerd which is lovely. :cheesy:

-- By the way, I am a male. ;):lol:

Matty

yeah girls can be computer nerds too. Look at dani :)

Im male by the way

So, proved such cases are exceptions :mrgreen:;)

We had two girls in our IT department and I have to say it makes a difference to have a mix of the sexes, for the better.

We had two girls in our IT department and I have to say it makes a difference to have a mix of the sexes, for the better.

Agreed. Honestly, I would prefer to work with\for more women. I believe they remain more focused.

Regards,
Matty

Yep!! They are far more sincere than us, boys!!

Member Avatar for rkamin1

I wouldn't mind seeing more girls around the field. At my University, its an oddity to have a girl in a comp sci class

There's a pretty even mix of men and women in the company where I work.
About 25 men in technical roles and management, and about 25 women in sales, customer support, human resources, and finance...

A lot more men at out organization than females. Of couse the ones present are more interested in all *girl* things than software development... ;)

Oh and btw, add one more to the male category.

I wouldn't mind seeing more girls around the field. At my University, its an oddity to have a girl in a comp sci class

There's currently 7 in the lab I'm in right now. And 20 guys. It's a start at least...

Member Avatar for rkamin1

There's currently 7 in the lab I'm in right now. And 20 guys. It's a start at least...

Ha! I think there's about 30 girls in about 1,000 total comp sci majors at my school.

Wow... I must say, I enjoy hearing all these good things about my gender. :)

well my computing class is composed of 27 lads and no girls whatsoever. Over the whole department theres only about 8 girls to roundabout 300 guys

i think that proves our point....

One department in one school proves very little... Using that logic:

proof that all numbers are odd... ;)

proof that all numbers are odd... ;)

QFT :lol::lol:

QFT :lol::lol:

Rhetorical question:

Which definition? :twisted:

In my class there are total 34 students out of which about 14 are girls and out of them 2 or 3 have taken computer science. They are gonna flunk, damn sure!!!

And yes this is I am talking about school not college. 11th standard.

In my class there are total 34 students out of which about 14 are girls and out of them 2 or 3 have taken computer science. They are gonna flink, damn sure!!!

And yes this is I am talking about school not college. 11th standard.

What does "flink" mean?

MattyD

Oh sorry its flunk

Oh sorry its flunk

:lol: That's okay-- Thanks, Vishesh. ;)

Regards,
Matty

It's understandable that men are more from the statistics shown. I would really like to see more ladies in this business! I am male!

Anybody wanna make a friend with me?
just for talk technology

BTW:I'm from Shanghai, China, and an easily going man!

>I would really like to see more ladies in this business! I am male!
I'm sure that's a completely selfless desire. ;)

It's amusing to watch how women are treated in the field. In my case, it's always assumed that I'm lacking in knowledge or experience. This is odd to me because the jobs I apply for are senior and very difficult. The guys try to mentor me before realizing that I'm pretty far beyond them in ability. I'm left alone while they recover their egos. Finally, I end up becoming "one of the guys" when they get over it and see me as a skilled programmer rather than just a female programmer.

I've met some female computer nerd's. Unlike many of the nerd's I know, she can admit when she is wrong.

Unlike many of the nerd's I know, she can admit when she is wrong.

I could not agree with you more on this claim. Welcome to Daniweb.

Regards,
MattyD

(Many) Girls are smart. I mean, I believe statistics show that boys\men are pushed more than females to focus on Math and the sciences (hence, mostly men in IT\Programming) but I know female scientists. programmers, engineers, etc. They are incredibly intelligent. My girlfriend is higly intelligent and I love this about her! I learn so much from her. She does not "paint her nails" or wear make-up (I detest make-up on women :evil: )She is also a big nerd which is lovely. :cheesy:

-- By the way, I am a male. ;):lol:

Matty

marry me

Yes my dear, You bet!
You know, it is an assumption that carried about by MEN that they are smarter than women and carry it to the work place. I am not from that school of thought. In fact I do not know whether you know of a joke that basically tells about human brains for sale for replacement surgery where the brain of a female homosapien is cheaper than that of the male. On enquiry as to the reason, the autioneer declared that men's brain are unsed!
:mrgreen:

>I would really like to see more ladies in this business! I am male!
I'm sure that's a completely selfless desire. ;)

It's amusing to watch how women are treated in the field. In my case, it's always assumed that I'm lacking in knowledge or experience. This is odd to me because the jobs I apply for are senior and very difficult. The guys try to mentor me before realizing that I'm pretty far beyond them in ability. I'm left alone while they recover their egos. Finally, I end up becoming "one of the guys" when they get over it and see me as a skilled programmer rather than just a female programmer.

Hi geeks of all sexes

I strongly believe that girls presence would make a lot of difference in any organization, as guys will take a lot of care doing things, so that they do not look dump infront of gals!!!

I "wish" to work under a female Tech manager (as Gorgeous as Chistina) because they are softer and caring than male counterparts

And by the way i'm Male

Just noticed that this was over 3 years old :D
Anyway, I'm male.

More men I bet...

Most girls are not smart .. no offense to my gender.. but we're too interested in drama and painting our fingernails.

Thus the reason I don't hang out with a lot of girls. I like hanging out with people of the same intelligence level.

Member Avatar for anu07

so out of 48 people who voted,only 11 are female....??

That was three years ago -- the mixture may have changed since then.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.