[_] Black market / smuggling
[_] Collectibles / collections
[_] Watching sports on TV
[_] Wines
[_] Interrogation / torture
[_] Household pets
[_] Crushing rebellions

:lol::!:

ah, at last someone took the trouble of converting it to pdf.
First saw this one in a newsgroup some 10 years ago, and it wasn't new even then.
But it's still funny.

This is pretty funny.

funny as hell

Uh oh don't say that word... you might get banned :rolleyes:

(I almost got banned for using "profanity" because I said 'word to ya motha.' in a word game).

i say that all the time as according to the rules:

Mature language and concepts are acceptable on DaniWeb to the point that would be acceptable on daytime family television

i say that all the time as according to the rules:

Mature language and concepts are acceptable on DaniWeb to the point that would be acceptable on daytime family television

hmm... thanks for letting me know. next time I'll have something to say when I get in trouble for slang. ;)

slang (from rules)

We strongly encourage all posts to be in full-sentence English. Please do not use "leet" speak or "chatroom" speak

also in my experience it means people fromn other countries can understand you better. i always get told of for bad spelling and using no caps and using LOL/smilies excessively

Hmm.. the thing is that I got in trouble for "profanity" - but it was slang. So yeah... I don't know.

wierd.

i always get told of for bad spelling and using no caps and using LOL/smilies excessively

And again. It's 'weird', not 'wierd'.

i before e unless it makes an A sound or is after C - thats the rule

Except that we're dealing with the English Language here, and it has numerous exceptions to its own rules. Besides, check out dictionary.com if you don't believe me.

I do agree with EnderX... it's 'weird'. The English language can be very confusing at times! That's why you have to take it at school for 12 years and then some in College for another 1-2 years.

WEIrd-- or is it "Wyrd"? :)

Matty

I thought the 'Wyrd' spelling only referred to 'fate' or 'destiny' or whatever the appropriate analogue would be. The sense of the original usage was 'strange' or 'unusual'.

Wyrd.. weird... wired. it's all the same to me ;)

No, 'wired' is what happens when you drink too much coffee at ~2:15 AM. (Unless someone can suggest a better beverage with more caffeine in it?)

i prefer tea

No, 'wired' is what happens when you drink too much coffee at ~2:15 AM. (Unless someone can suggest a better beverage with more caffeine in it?)

LOL, :eek: I thought I was the only one who did this. I love coffee--my GF is from Cuba and she makes Spanish coffee-- wicked strong. And she is a coffee addict as well, hence, we drink it all day, all night. :lol:

--------

As to the word "Wyrd": our modern word "wierd" originates from "wyrd" although with, yes, a differnt meaning.

Matty

lol i drink like 12 cups of tea per day

I don't like coffee.. but I definitely love me some iced tea!

>lol i drink like 12 cups of tea per day
That's actually pretty scary. I can't stand either of the substances myself -- coffee is far too bitter, and tea just tastes like hot water. :D

>lol i drink like 12 cups of tea per day
That's actually pretty scary. I can't stand either of the substances myself -- coffee is far too bitter, and tea just tastes like hot water. :D

I like coffee because of the bitterness-- no milk or sugar... just black. :); Adding sugar to coffee or tea is an abomination IMO. I like tea but only hot, Earl Grey. When I lived in Texas everyone constantly drank "sweet" tea (alot of sugar and ice) which I just cannot stomach. Tea to me just does not compete with coffee although it is said that tea actually contains more caffeine than coffee, surprisingly. In all truth the only liquids I ever drink are: coffee, water, and Mountain Dew.

Matty

Mt. Dew - What a wonderful choice Matty! :)

Yeah, I have heard that the northern part of the US does not drink sweet tea (iced tea). At the local McDonald's, you will see a big ad for sweet tea in our area. But when I went to New York this past summer, they didn't even serve it.

Mt. Dew - What a wonderful choice Matty! :)

Yeah, I have heard that the northern part of the US does not drink sweet tea (iced tea). At the local McDonald's, you will see a big ad for sweet tea in our area. But when I went to New York this past summer, they didn't even serve it.

I love Mountain Dew and I find myself drinking too much of it lately. :surprised

Yes, sweet tea; I was introduced to sweet tea and many things in Texas that were a bit foreign to me. I am from Ohio originally so I guess I was still considered a Yankee when I moved down South with my (ex)wife in 2001 to go to school. I did not dig Texas much-- I lived in the country which was cool because I could go right back in the woods and shoot guns whenever I wanted but, besides that, it was boring as Hell. I like NYC\ East Coast much better. :cheesy: There is so much opportunity here and it's an exciting place (even though I have no social life by choice) I do not miss Texas.

Regards,
Matty

I understand. This is how hick southern West Virginia is.... we just got a Chili's and a Sonic... and that's basically the most exciting news going around lol. So I definitely understand the country thing, I've lived here all my life.. hopefully I will be able to go back to New York this summer... I LOVE it!

yeah earl gray, black with lemon, no sugar

i prefer tea

Same for me. I like darjeeling with two tablespoons of sugar. Caffeine to keep me up and some sugar to seal the deal. Company of Heroes, here I come. :cheesy:

Make another cup just in case I feel sleepy. Too much and I got twitchy fingers. :lol:

Or if I need lots of energy, I would take 2 tablespoons of loose tea, 3 tablespoons of sugar, with 2 tablespoons of honey and mix them with hot water in a big jug. Wait for 2 minutes, then mix in some milk. Stir and keep adding milk until it's dark brown in colour. Serve and enjoy!

Anyways, how is it that registering my bomber, came to be a spelling bee contest, to a coffee and tea house talk? :lol:

Warning! The tea mix above represents the ability to disseminate carbohydrate, glucose, complex glucose and whatnot to your organs via bodily fluids. The possibility of receiving a lifetime supply of diabetic symptoms is a ponderable risk.
It's your own risk! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.