Don't ask me why, but I enjoy seeing screenshots of other's desktops; I came upon a graphics site some time back that included a forum dedicated to just this. It tells me a lot about a person.

Please capture your desktop and post it for all to see.

**Note: My image hosting service does not support linked thumbnails (as far as I can tell) so I am just posting an adjusted JPEG, instead.

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/reranger/scrn1.jpg[/IMG]

Recommended Answers

All 41 Replies

I have the same fascination. You can tell a lot about someone by their desktop and workspace.

Here is mine from a few months ago (but its still the same). I'm not a fan of having icons on the desktop - I just use the desktop as a 'to do' list because anything sat on there pisses me of so I do it and clean up.

I have the same fascination. You can tell a lot about someone by their desktop and workspace.

Here is mine from a few months ago (but its still the same). I'm not a fan of having icons on the desktop - I just use the desktop as a 'to do' list because anything sat on there pisses me of so I do it and clean up.

Nice and clean. Good way to manage your working projects, a "To-do" list then clean it up. I hate clutter and I spend too much time (or maybe not enough) sorting assets for projects, folders-in-folders, etc. I have yet to find the perfect system for how I work.

Regards,
MattyD

Nice and clean. Good way to manage your working projects, a "To-do" list then clean it up. I hate clutter

Someone once wrote "cluttered desktop, cluttered mind. Clean desktop empty mind" :cheesy: My desktop is very cluttered.

Someone once wrote "cluttered desktop, cluttered mind. Clean desktop empty mind" :cheesy: My desktop is very cluttered.

LOL :lol:

My desktop's changed a little bit since the last time I posted...

You need to tell us exactly what your code was supposed to do and what is it doing right now . I see an infinte loop there, you need to put an exitting condition.....oh is this the Coffee house.... Drats. :D

Guys ... Please show us your desktops as attached files. Displaying thumbnails really helps out those of us on slower connections and it also ensures that the images aren't all broken by next month. Thanks!

^

got the wallpaper from http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/index.php?sort=date

BTW, It's not MY PC .. It is my sister's ..

My wallpaper is from IFL too - best site i've found and they have them in lots of different resolutions.

Just wondering (sorry I was being nosey and inspecting desktops) why you use both MSN Messenger and Yahoo! messenger at once when you can now message MSN users from Y! and vice versa?

Vanguard, EQ II, Strawberry Panic.

Hm...we have got a unique kind of girl programmer here... ;)

>Hm...we have got a unique kind of girl programmer here...
You knew that already though. ;)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

My current one, I designed this one myself. :D

here

Present, and Past

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well, I Ricky Martin's fan, as you could see, but I like my desktop quite clean i.e. I like less icons and only one those I use frequently.

Well, I Ricky Martin's fan, as you could see, but I like my desktop quite clean i.e. I like less icons and only one those I use frequently.

It looks like you got a lotta pirated software there. :cheesy:

commented: Thank for telling me about piracy...I never knew it's considered pirated. +3

It looks like you got a lotta pirated software there. :cheesy:

Such software in MY DESKTOP will surely make someone confused........so I wont blame you. Frankly speaking, I dont have money to buy hundred doller softwares, but, yes, they aren't pirated. If they really were I wouldn't have showed them publically. I get these software's from my friends who are software engineer or my friend whose friend or relative have that. They get that from office or buy themselves and they give me because they know that I am computer freak and is surely going to make good use of it. Not boasting about myself or giving false excuses and explanation, but this is reality. Explanation is needed because this whether spoken seriously or not is gonna change someone else perspective towards me.

So does your friend have multiple licenses then?

So you really think that!!! Doen't surprise me. That's why who said that.

Probably not....As I said they give me because they know that I m going to make good use of it...and of course I am not running a software solution company and using these commercially. Any other questions?? I would be glad to answer them.

so it is pirated... It's being used outside the terms of the license which means it's pirated.

If your friend is allowed to use the software his company bought at home that doesn't mean he's allowed to give it away to others (which IS piracy).
And quite often companies tell employees it's OK to use software from work at home when in fact the company doesn't have the licenses to allow that, in which case the company is also pirating the software.

Just because you didn't download it from some cracker site or bought a CD with pirated stuff doesn't mean it's not piracy what you're doing.

Cool it, guys. This is a 'Desktop' thread, not a 'pirated software' thread. Start a new thread if you want to discuss pirating issues.

my desktop (clean and simple)

my desktop (clean and simple)

Cleand && simple-- nice. On your desktop what is "Fallout Tactics"? A game?

Matty

yeah, a game

probably the most interesting to look at desktop I have right now (on any of the 5 machines I use regularly)

ptttttttyyyyyyyyy :cheesy:

true .. i like this site too!

about y!, I know about that feature but I have no idea why i use both .. :o

My wallpaper is from IFL too - best site i've found and they have them in lots of different resolutions.

Just wondering (sorry I was being nosey and inspecting desktops) why you use both MSN Messenger and Yahoo! messenger at once when you can now message MSN users from Y! and vice versa?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.