Okay, who has a huge library?

Recommended Answers

All 46 Replies

Not, iTunes. But probably around 3000 MP3's.

4302 songs, 24.76GB

no itunes but between my xboxes, pcs and pdas i muct have nealy 100gb of music

>4302 songs, 24.76GB
Makes my 6.4GB, 1129 song collection seem small. :sad:

600 or so audioCDs, a few dozen of them imported into iTunes for a total of maybe 3GB (which gets deleted and new stuff imported once in a while).
Use iTunes almost exclusively to move stuff from CDs to my iPod so there's no need to retain things there.

about 65 gb... (11 200 song and videos...)

100~gb

I have some 4ooo MP3's myself

i have around 5000 songs here..

969 songs.

~3000 songs

16,674 songs at present. I have a huge CD collection because I am very old.

16,674 songs at present. I have a huge CD collection because I am very old.

Oh.. I have 80k+ And mind you, iTunes is not good. 6gig RAM, quad G5....

14,827 Songs @76GB... Another 30GB not tagged yet. I have so many songs in my library I don't even know what to listen to :rolleyes:

I have so many songs in my library I don't even know what to listen to :rolleyes:

That's a problem? I repeatedly listen to about 1/2 my library so often I get sick of it... but I like it better than the other half, so I keep listening...

That's a problem? I repeatedly listen to about 1/2 my library so often I get sick of it... but I like it better than the other half, so I keep listening...

Funny thing is, the only files I have on my ipod are tech related podcasts! and maybe 5 songs...:eek:

Good Evening,

I just purchased my iMac in March so I'm very new to the Mac world, coming from spending 40+ years in the IT world using Big Blue and Microsoft.

Like a previous responder, I too have a large CD collection and just last weekend I completed the task of adding all my CD's into iTunes. This evening curiosity got to me as I was updating the "Genius" feature and of late I have not been able to do so, it says it times out. That's when I decided to investigate what size library's are out there. Currently I have 25,420 items accounting for 146.16GB of storage.

I was wondering if anyone converted old lp's to iTunes and if so could they advise me of a iMac product or technical document on how to do it? Also, has anyone run into the same Genius error that the results can't be updated, it use to work fine when my library was smaller so I am thinking there is a size limit to use genius.

Thanks for your help.

reachrickb

31 GB... so roughly 5000 songs...

It seems to be about the mid range here... lol.

zero -- I don't listen to music on the internet.

1126 songs about 8GB. Minuscule compared to you guys.

zero -- I don't listen to music on the internet.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the internet :)

My winamp says: "4538 items [11 days+22:01:52][24.26gb]"
But I like most of what I have, and never seem to get bored of my music.

Approximately 400 GB of music. That's like, I dunno, 30,000 songs? Something like that :p

John A> I dunno, 30,000 songs
Whoa! Quite an investment.

Thirteen songs in my Library. I am very picky choosing music.
Nevertheless, I have a growing collection of audio books.

Approximately 400 GB of music. That's like, I dunno, 30,000 songs? Something like that :p

Your collection has grown since your last post in the thread 2+ years ago...

I'm up to 5218 songs, which is putting me at around 34GB. A lot more of it was legally acquired than when I last posted though ;)

commented: good to see you back +17

My library is about 30GB which is just right for my 30GB iPod, I have recently removed all the stuff I don't listen to anymore (about 11 months since I reinstalled windows and I deleted the ones with 0 play count It was 60GB =O )

But then, 8GB of that is audiobooks...

4400 songs, 28GB

I have 1 nano ipod.. hihhihihi:twisted: getting M on the INet

im on 27811 (109.45GB) at the moment and still going

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.