We all know that alot of songs are re-made and usually sound like crap..

Here is 1 that makes me wanna vomit!! (I closed the page within 5 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/v/fpbJG4M3orw ("Shes like the wind" (A wonderfull 80s song))

List out songs you feel are disgusting and degrade the original......

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

I didn't think that song ^ was too bad hehe.... maybe it's because I don't know the original. ;)

Or maybe The Dude just doesn't like rap and hip-hop...

That was an AWESOME song btw :D

Which one ? - The remake or the original?

>Which one ? - The remake or the original?
The remake :cheesy:

Lol... that's good, I guess I'm not the only one then!

Argent's "Liar" done by Three Dog Night

I've actually got a couple that go the other way. Springsteen's "Blinded By the Light" is rotten, but Manfred Mann made a great cover of it.

ugh ~ this is the sort of music that makes me want to kill everyone who makes rap ~ gimme the clash any day!

Anyone who wants to listen to a good remake should go download:

"Straight Up" - by Halifax
(remake of Paula Abdul)

It's off of the album Punk Goes 80's.

Best remake ever. ;o)

Here you go...

"Straight Up"

But I would advise you not to watch the video part, just listen to the song. =p
(I couldn't find a music video and the others were live and didn't have good quality.)

Worst ever remake: Madonna doing American Pie.

wow.. revive a 16 day-old thread for that post? ;)

On the contrary - best remake ever - Jimi eat world - Firestarter :) I don't like them normally, but I love that song.

Worst ever remake: Madonna doing American Pie.

I have to agree. Also U2's version of Paint It Black was pretty dire.

this is the sort of music that makes me want to kill everyone who makes rap

With pretty much all recent hip hop/rap, I agree.

Some of the older stuff (De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Dred Scott, Resident Alien etc) is really good though.

Here you go...

"Straight Up"

But I would advise you not to watch the video part, just listen to the song. =p
(I couldn't find a music video and the others were live and didn't have good quality.)

awesome remake. agreed, don't watch the video.

Has anyone heard the song Cocaine by Eric Clapton?

Its a remake of the J.J Cale version. The eric clapton one was popular but IMHO ther original was better

Liar by Argent is fantastic, but Three Dog Night's version is barely listenable after hearing the original.

And in reverse, Blinded By the Light by Manfred Mann if great, but the original by Bruce Springsteen sucks!!! And Rolling Stones' Sympathy for the Devil is dreadful compared to Jonathan Round's cover.

wow.. revive a 16 day-old thread for that post? ;)

Why not? Are you now the "Old Post Constable"? 16 dats is not long at all! :icon_rolleyes:

>Also U2's version of Paint It Black was pretty dire.
On the flip side, The Vine's remake of Paint It Black is preferable to the original.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.