One of the most important and interesting aspects of learning to play a musical instrument well, involves easily going from any note to any other to..etc. . Obviously the best technical books for each instrument incorporate those note groupings that are needed, difficult (for many) and interesting to play. Also obvious (to the DANIWEB community) is the fact that to do all permutations of even small note groups would involve large factorial numbers and lifetimes of work.
Here is my challenge and suggestion.
Technique books can be custom tailored to the specific needs of each individual with a NOTE GROUP PERMUTATION GENERATOR.
If someone were to develop a program where say any three to any twelve tones could be entered, even better printed out in one of the music notation programs, a tremendous service would be made to the future of music. The rewards for this could be far reaching, as custom tailored "exercises" improve playing, and provide evidence to show the instrument manufacturers where the greatest needs for new technology are most pervasive.
For example:
On the clarinet, if we choose in the lowest octave , the following pitches
E, F#, G#,C#, we run out of easy solutions because of the basic conservative left, right, left, system in use. The over-used little fingers either duplicate, slide over rollers (inefficient and relatively slow) or provide for the unfortunate necessity of changing fingering while playing one note.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I don't get it?

i get what your saying but u didnt really ask a question the hole thing was more like a statement eaventhough a question is implied i think you should be more specific as to what you want to do so other people could help u better

Tayster, is your post meant to be ironic?

no its not well atleast not intentionally

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.