So who here will be watching the football tonight (proper football, not the American version of rugby :mrgreen: )?

Big games tonight for Scotland and my wee country Northern Ireland. England look like they could let down their 'loyal fans' again. :lol:

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

i know, i support two teams, scotland and whoever england are playing :)

and yeah, why did the americans steal our name football?
american football isnt even hardly played with feet...

Haha I think everyone outside of England is like that. Ahh a Scottish fellow then? Here is the ultimate question, Rangers or Celtic? lol.

Don't get me started on American football! I mean, what is a touchdown? They don't even touch the ball down :D

I have a secret to tell you if you promise not to tell anyone else -- I don't like American footfall either. :eek: European football (we call it soccer) is a lot more exiting to watch, but we don't get much of it over here.

I have a secret to tell you if you promise not to tell anyone else -- I don't like American footfall either. :eek: European football (we call it soccer) is a lot more exiting to watch, but we don't get much of it over here.

OK, please excuse my ignorance here... So what sport are we talking about here anyway?

American football == the modified version of "tackle the ball"
European football == is this the same as the German "Fussball", soccer right?
Rugby == can't pass forward, must touch ball to the ground to score, and other little differences

Is Rugby the type of "football" that the British/other Europeans play? Or is there another type of football that they play that I'm not already aware of?

American football= what we call football in the States. Chicago Bears, etc.

European football (and every other english-speaking nation)= soccer

Rugby= what you said.

Is Rugby the type of "football" that the British/other Europeans play? Or is there another type of football that they play that I'm not already aware of?

As far as I know, the "football" they talk about is soccer.

>RwCC

I WISH I GOT ENGLISH FOOTBALL (soccer) ON TV!

Oh, and nice site, Joe. :)

>European football (and every other english-speaking nation)= soccer
Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

>Oh, and nice site, Joe.
That's just the defaults. Wait till you see what I've been making with Gimp... :twisted:

yeah, rugby is kinda like american football in that you tackle people and run and there is a goal but thats about it. The rules are very different.

Football = soccer for just about every country apart from the USA

do you get our football over there?
we never get american football here apart from on wierd cable channerls, and evrnr then its at like 3am

do you get our football over there?
we never get american football here apart from on wierd cable channerls, and evrnr then its at like 3am

Yeah they get it on some channels late at night or early in the morning. I have a few mates across the pond that are die hard Rangers so they get to watch Setanta.

For those that watched t'internationals what a night, great results all round (except England managing to scrape through!) especially for my wee country Nothern Ireland, now top of the table after beating Sweden 2-1!

We're Not Brazil, We're Northern Ireland!

im a rangers fan usually

lo scotland got beaten 2-0 by italy

Rangers fan usually? Tisk tisk, being a Rangers fan is a way of life :D

Aye sorry about that, didnt really hear anything about the Scotland game as my local wasn't showing it.

when i am in england im a MK dons fan, when im in scotland im a rangers fan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.