yea, I'd say both lol

I would say that's probably because Mormon is not nearly as popular as some other religons, and it's pretty safe to say that too many people here are ignorant of it (myself included) to debate on it. Or maybe we're just too tired to start another debate.

Eh, I know a lot about the LDS, but I think my reason is that I'm too tired. ;)

Who are the mormons or what religion is that?

huh? How is carbon dating unreliable?

From what i rember carbon dating can have a 2-300 year error margin or mayb it was in the thousands either way i rember that it was not entriely accurate. Infact i rember reading somewhere that a carbon dating test was preformed on a live insect and it showed up as several hundred(or thousands) years old. Don't ask me where i heard this from what i rember it was a flier or something.

Who are the mormons or what religion is that?

I believe there is a south park episode that explains about mormons quite well.

<URL snipped>

Well worth a watch and explains it a whole lot better then i can.

haha.. hell ya, I love south park

I think carbon dating is very accurate up to a certain point. Like.. Scientists can use carbon dating to identify artifacts up to 1-2 thousand years old be4 the process starts becoming less reliable.

Really its been a while since i have had anything to do with carbon dating i still rember the process and the theory behind it but that is about as far as my accurate knowledge extends the rest is kind of a blur

Carbon dating itself is inaccurate to the point where you can determine something within 30 years (wiki). However, using other radioactive decay systems, different levels of accuracy and time can be achieved.

ahh ic.. Thanks for clearing that up for us

That seems like a shallow excuse for "I don't know." So carbon dating is a lie? Who are YOU to say that millions of scientists are wrong? It Is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and that evolution happens. It is as much of a fact as the fact that I have five fingers on each hand (granted I might be lying...:)).

But its not Fact though just because alot of people say its that old does not make it true. I also do not think that there is overwelming evidence that the earth is that old and alot of the things things like fossils and rock layers etc used as an argument for this can also be explained by a world wide flood.

Now im not saying that one of these Theories is more plausible then the other only saying that neither are Fact.

I also can't help but think that if evolution is true that we would see a greater variation of humanoids/species surely there would still be evidence of these kinds of things today.I do not mean that we should be seeing major differnces like half man half monkies but you do not seem to see even slight variations in this. I also do not think that there is really any archelogical evidence of half Species(part man part ape kind of things) either.

But its not Fact though just because alot of people say its that old does not make it true. I also do not think that there is overwelming evidence that the earth is that old and alot of the things things like fossils and rock layers etc used as an argument for this can also be explained by a world wide flood.

Now im not saying that one of these Theories is more plausible then the other only saying that neither are Fact.

Are you kidding? Carbon dating may not be 100% accurate, but it is accurate enough to prove that the Earth is much greater than 6000 years old. There is overwhelming scientific data, not just carbon dating, that scientists use to estimate the true age of the Earth. And although we do not know for sure.. we are certain it is around 4.5 billion years old.. much older than the bible claims the Earth to be.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

I also can't help but think that if evolution is true that we would see a greater variation of humanoids/species surely there would still be evidence of these kinds of things today.I do not mean that we should be seeing major differnces like half man half monkies but you do not seem to see even slight variations in this. I also do not think that there is really any archelogical evidence of half Species(part man part ape kind of things) either.

There is evidence of evolution all around you.. albinos, people with webbed feet/hands, etc. The truth of the matter is, it takes millions of years for an entire species to change just a bit. There have been many human adaptations and new human traits.. However, most people born with such adaptations die at a young age. It is survival of the fittest, and so far.. nature has not 'selected' a new dominant trait for the human race. There aren't many alterations in the human race, b/c we do not need any new traits. The human race is in no danger of extinction and therefore there are no special traits that are naturally selected for our survival.

There is plenty of archaeological evidence.. the Aborigines.. we have actually found remains of 'half species' ( These species have their own names, but I forget what they are called)

Im not acctually saying that it isnt that old i just like being a sceptic an to me it does not seem like there is enough evidence out there to be calling it a "scientific fact". Plus most of this evidence is based upon methods like carbon dating and without having some sort of test spanning over serveral millenia to be able to tell how accurate carbon dating acctually is.
Plus it as someone mentioned earlier in this post the bible does not say that the earth is 6000 years old that is an estimate made by men based on their interpritation of events in the bible.

Personally i think that evolution can exist along side God(big fan of Memnoch the Devil) or at the very least natural selection. However i do not think that certain defects as proof of evolution merely natural selection. I will post in greater detail about this tomorrow as it is getting late and i will not be able to explain it as clearly as i would like right now.

Also going back to the question about humans and dinosaurs existing together even if you are just using the bible for historical references there are several mentions of things that sound very similar to dinosaurs in the old testament. Once again this sort of goes back to my bible class and christian school days so i could not tell you the verses off the top of my head but im sure that christina could probably help me there.
Even disreguarding the bible all together there are numerous other historical texts describing things like dinosaurs as well.

I should so start up my own religion......

Would not surprise me if that is how the majority of religion started to begin with.

At least you can't tell me that scientology is not completely made up.....And tom cruise oh dont get me started on tom cruise dear sweet jesus i hate that man.

Double negative.

Cant tell you that its not made up = Can tell you that its made up

Its made up IMHO.

Im not acctually saying that it isnt that old i just like being a sceptic an to me it does not seem like there is enough evidence out there to be calling it a "scientific fact". Plus most of this evidence is based upon methods like carbon dating and without having some sort of test spanning over serveral millenia to be able to tell how accurate carbon dating acctually is.
Plus it as someone mentioned earlier in this post the bible does not say that the earth is 6000 years old that is an estimate made by men based on their interpritation of events in the bible.

Maybe you should research why scientists date the earth at about 4.5 billion years. There is tons of evidence, and most of it is NOT from carbon dating.

Personally i think that evolution can exist along side God(big fan of Memnoch the Devil) or at the very least natural selection. However i do not think that certain defects as proof of evolution merely natural selection.

Of course you can believe in evolution and god. The first article of this thread talks about how a scientist believes in both god and evolution. The Catholic church has even said that catholics can believe in evolution. In fact, most people do believe in evolution b/c there is evidence to support it..

Also going back to the question about humans and dinosaurs existing together even if you are just using the bible for historical references there are several mentions of things that sound very similar to dinosaurs in the old testament. Once again this sort of goes back to my bible class and christian school days so i could not tell you the verses off the top of my head but im sure that christina could probably help me there.
Even disreguarding the bible all together there are numerous other historical texts describing things like dinosaurs as well.

um.. I'm quite sure that the dinosaurs went extinct long before the first homo sapien.

haha.. you'd make millions..

At least you can't tell me that scientology is not completely made up.....And tom cruise oh dont get me started on tom cruise dear sweet jesus i hate that man.

Scientology is so screwed up... it's not even funny.

Is scientology the one with the wierd rule that wemen cant scream while giving birth?

Is scientology the one with the wierd rule that wemen cant scream while giving birth?

Yeah, women can make some noises, but they are not allowed to speak words. It's supposed to give a good start for the new born baby. :?: It's crap...

Go back a few posts and start replacing "scientology" with your religion. Hmmmm, makes you wonder how long your measuring stick is, eh?

Be careful how you judge others...

commented: . -1

Go back a few posts and start replacing "scientology" with your religion. Hmmmm, makes you wonder how long your measuring stick is, eh?

Hmm... I guess.. =/
Sorry, but my religion doesn't require women do stuff like that. And btw: it's called opinions...
And if I'm judging anyone, then it would be Tom Cruise.

Yeah, women can make some noises, but they are not allowed to speak words. It's supposed to give a good start for the new born baby. :?: It's crap...

Thats wierd. If i was giving birth (which, unless by some bizare twist of nature, i will hopefully never have to undertake (being male ) ) then i would never manage that.

I know. I wouldn't do it lol.

Thats like a friend of my mums, she wanted to have her baby naturalyl with no drugs and suchlike and the moment it started to come she was like "ahhhh ! i want the drugs! i want them now! get it out!". Classic moment.

Yea, scientology is such a scam.. It's just a load of bs, I don't understand how people actually believe in it.. There's a great south park episode about it: 912 "Trapped in the Closet"

I liked the one where cartman became ginger.

haha.. 911: 'Ginger Kids'

South Park is the best place for current events and such.. can't wait for the new one tomorrow! lol

Maybe you should research why scientists date the earth at about 4.5 billion years. There is tons of evidence, and most of it is NOT from carbon dating.
um.. I'm quite sure that the dinosaurs went extinct long before the first homo sapien.

Can you please give some Examples of other things that offer proof.

Scientology is crock though infact the only reason they call themself a church is so that they get the Tax benefits.

Hmm... I guess.. =/
Sorry, but my religion doesn't require women do stuff like that. And btw: it's called opinions...
And if I'm judging anyone, then it would be Tom Cruise.

I wasn't directing my post directly to you. But kudos to you for responding. Looking at this post, so far, you haven't dodged a single tough question.

Lol. Have you guys seen the gogole ads at the top of the page? there all for cults...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.