aha.. you just don't understand. Go back and read through this thread if you want more evidence. It's all around you.. but you just can't handle the truth. Pot. Kettle. Black. [echo?]

Quoted by joshSCH
You've been a christian forever, and you can't imagine a world without your precious god.

Not entirely true. But obviously an assumption of a highly religious person.

Quoted by joshSCH
It is YOU who is in denial. YOU who does not understand. There is no god. There is nothing, but you want a god to exist. Your life depends on it.

I'm beginning to think you've got that backwards.

Quoted by joshSCH
And until you can open your mind and stop being so defensive.. I wont tell you all the facts and evidence that your brain just couldn't handle.. It's fine..

It seems to me that you are the one on the defensive at the moment because your brain cannot handle it.

Quoted by joshSCH
lol.. :D

If in fact you are not laughing out loud, try not to punctuate your own lack of depth.

Instead of refuting joshes comments (and I think there quite logical and well thought out) with insults and replies that have no intellectual value ot merit WHATSOEVER why don't refute it with logic? I understand that it is quite hard to defend your position through deductive and inductive reason when you are religious but how about trying?

Give me ONE reason why god exists and I will refute it. Or give me more, I will refute them all.

Duki commented: . +0

Give me ONE reason why god exists and I will refute it. Or give me more, I will refute them all.

Then why ask us to give you reasons if you're just going to reject and deny it?

commented: yeah +2

Instead of refuting joshes comments (and I think there quite logical and well thought out) with insults and replies that have no intellectual value ot merit WHATSOEVER why don't refute it with logic?

When I read this, I honestly did LOL :D

I understand that it is quite hard to defend your position through deductive and inductive reason when you are religious but how about trying?

We've been giving counter-arguments to everything, then posing our own questions. None of which have been answered in a logical manner.

God may exist because there is no concrete evidence otherwise. That's basic logic. Refute it.

God may exist because there is no concrete evidence otherwise. That's basic logic. Refute it.

Lets first make the following postulate:

Nothing exists until proven otherwise

Therefore god does not exist (unless of course you think there is sufficient evidence)

<fume>Grr i really want to give bad rep but i cant : </fume>

to dave sinkula

This is why the bad rep was disabled. He's just making a valid argument, and not getting answers. And having to put up with a closed-minded person like joshSCH would make anyone a little upset.

I am going to show you logically that your arguments are flawed which you do not seem to realize.

I tremble in anticipation :icon_rolleyes:

Are you going to respond my post?

Are you going to respond my post?

Sure, but in the future, make it easier by not editing a previous post. When you've got your argument, then post it so that it doesn't get lost in material that's already been read :icon_wink:

Lets first make the following postulate:

Nothing exists until proven otherwise.

Therefore god does not exist (unless of course you think there is sufficient evidence)

Your postulate is not logical, merely whimsical. Lack of evidence is not sufficient to declare the non-existance of something.

Yes, I agree with Infarction.

You seem to be very closed-minded, Sturm.

aarrg! these 1 minute ago posts are getting annoying I have to edit alot.

Yes is absolutely is. Do you believe anything thats not proven? (except maybe God of course)

If I told you that I had some yogurt that made me invisible, would you believe me? No of course not!

Then why should I believe in the bible if 1) there is no evidence(none that you have shown me at least) and 2) it goes against the laws of physics.

O and sorry for the edit.

Why does there have to be absolute proof for everything you believe?
There is such a thing called faith.

commented: yes. +2

I do not believe in faith. So basically you are saying that you believe in god because it makes you feel good and makes you have a sense of purpose? And that if it makes you feel better then its ok to believe it?

We've been giving counter-arguments to everything, then posing our own questions. None of which have been answered in a logical manner.

No, thats what I've been doing. The Christians have simply been using circular argument, and responding with: "b/c its faith".

Actually, you are wrong. That is not logical. There is no concrete evidence against a flying spaghetti monster. Do you believe in one?

This thread has completely lost its meaning and has remained no more than 'naming names' thread. I have request this thread to get closed so that things go out of hand. In the meantime any more attempts to bring disgrace to anyone would be dealt with strictly.

I do not believe in faith. So basically you are saying that you believe in god because it makes you feel good and makes you have a sense of purpose? And that if it makes you feel better then its ok to believe it?

I've gone through this about a hundred times with Josh. So I suggest you just go back to the last 82 pages.

But again, I do not just worship God because it 'makes me feel good,' I do it because He deserves it. He is worthy of all my praise and glory.

And of course you believe in some kind of faith.
If you study for a test, you have 'faith' that you will make a good grade.
If you go to sleep, you have 'faith' that you will wake up the next morning.

Faith is just another word for assurance and confidence. So you cannot say you don't believe in it. =/

commented: yay +2

And of course you believe in some kind of faith.
If you study for a test, you have 'faith' that you will make a good grade.

from the google definition of faith:

complete confidence in a person or plan

When I take a test I do not have complete confidence. I have do not complete confidence in anything. When I take a test I have near complete confidence that I will get a 'A'. Nothing is infallible, therefore I do not believe in faith.

commented: what? +0

Grr someone just gave me bad rep.

"*sigh* I wonder what has happened to the kids nowadays -- no respect for elders."

What the hell. :(

grr since bad rep has been banned i have lost loads of my rep points because people who can still bad rep abuse it and still give it for no reason.

This thread has completely lost its meaning and has remained no more than 'naming names' thread. I have request this thread to get closed so that things go out of hand. In the meantime any more attempts to bring disgrace to anyone would be dealt with strictly.

Why have the thread closed? We have had some serious discussions here of which many people have debated throughout history.. I mean, sure, the Christians are a little bit closed minded;), but still thats no reason to close the thread.

I think it is actually about time we put this thread to rest. Everything and anything that could possibly be said has been.

That is impossible. This question has been debated for thousands of years. How can we possibly cover everything with only 83 pages of posts?

WTF? That's one of the biggest piles of crap you've piled on this discussion (or so I hope... I missed 30 pages of it).

haha okay. Perhaps you should try reading more.. Go get an education somewhere.. Maybe they can help your foolishness..

At least Christina and those other Christians were somewhat open-minded. You are just plain ignorant. lol..

Actually, I don't want to waste my time on you. You are obviously a closed-mined fool. You don't see anything, you are only defensive.. your posts are idiotic..

Maybe its a reason enough to close the thread.

Maybe its a reason enough to close the thread.

lol.. I think most of those posts are mine.. But its true.. they are closed-minded.. Why don't you or the admins step in and give your humble opinions on the subject.

commented: and the water runs dry -1

Ok so, everyone is human here (or at least I hope so) flaming someone happens every so often. Most of this thread has not been a flame war.

> Why don't you or the admins step in and give your humble opinions on the subject.

Because its a fragile topic bound to cause a lot of hue and cry if spoken on. Its a wise choice to not to speak about something than speaking about it and preparing oneself for becoming a flame bait.

> Why don't you or the admins step in and give your humble opinions on the subject.

Because its a fragile topic bound to cause a lot of hue and cry if spoken on. Its a wise choice to not to speak about something than speaking about it and preparing oneself for becoming a flame bait.

Exactly. They don't want people upset b/c they disagree.. And as you say yourself, "bound to cause a lot of hue and cry". It is inevitable that some people will become very angry, but for the most part this thread is very clean.

commented: Yay -1

Until the thread is closed or I am specifcally told to stop, I will continue the discussion. I have tried (mostly successfully) to keep from injecting personal feelings into the argument, so I feel it is acceptable to continue.

Yes is absolutely is. Do you believe anything thats not proven? (except maybe God of course)

If I told you that I had some yogurt that made me invisible, would you believe me? No of course not!

Then why should I believe in the bible if 1) there is no evidence(none that you have shown me at least) and 2) it goes against the laws of physics.

I do believe in things that aren't proven - many of them scientific. I will also allow for the possibility of claims which cannot be definitively proven or disproven. I would not believe that yogurt would make you invisible but I would not vehemently claim that it was impossible. Of course, if you could provide evidence of it, I would accept it.

> Until the thread is closed or I am specifcally told to stop, I will continue the discussion.

Infaction, please stop.. ;-)

Until the thread is closed or I am specifcally told to stop, I will continue the discussion. I have tried (mostly successfully) to keep from injecting personal feelings into the argument, so I feel it is acceptable to continue.

I do believe in things that aren't proven - many of them scientific. I will also allow for the possibility of claims which cannot be definitively proven or disproven. I would not believe that yogurt would make you invisible but I would not vehemently claim that it was impossible. Of course, if you could provide evidence of it, I would accept it.

That is basically agnosticism. Agnostics aren't against the idea of a god. They just think there is a lack of evidence..

commented: and around ... -1

How can something be scientific if it is not proven?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.