Even though the world is only 6000 years old (or whatever the current Creationist theory is), the scientific record has been modified by God's hand to show 4 billion years. And even though dinosaurs existed concurrently with man, the scientific record has been divinely altered to show dinos died out 60 some millions of years before man arrived on the scene.

Looks like deception to me.

Maybe we just can't tell time yet. :icon_razz:

Even though the world is only 6000 years old (or whatever the current Creationist theory is), the scientific record has been modified by God's hand to show 4 billion years. And even though dinosaurs existed concurrently with man, the scientific record has been divinely altered to show dinos died out 60 some millions of years before man arrived on the scene.

Looks like deception to me.

Well, there are a lot of contradictions. But all I can do is have faith in my belief. I could care less about the unimportant stuff, no one listens to me anyway.

i absolutly agree with you christina

commented: thanks :) +9

...yes and even I agree with everyone who posted in this thread. Disagreeing would only make this one post worth thread 100 pages long.

Just a thought, is religion not a source of evil seeing as it depicts the devil and hell alongside good things such as god etc.

Ultimally, is all a moral decision. You choose to believe in God or not.
The "proofs" will not help you to make that decision in one way or another. Moreover, God exist independenly of what we believe or not.

Well, there are a lot of contradictions. But all I can do is have faith in my belief.

Isn't this called blind faith?

'Blind faith' is redundant...:icon_rolleyes:

Isn't this called blind faith?

No it's just called faith.
People are the ones that make contradictions.

Just a thought, is religion not a source of evil seeing as it depicts the devil and hell alongside good things such as god etc.

How is it a source of evil? This whole world is evil if you go by the 'wrong or right' moral.

Christianity depicts evil but not more than good. It tells us how we should overcome it.

Evil is inevitable.

Scientific findings don't disprove religion. Even evolution. In christianity's history, their official stance was that the Earth was the center of the universe and now it's accepted by the church that the sun is the center of the Earth. If evolution could ever be proven I think the church would just adapt to it rather than perish.

Scientific findings don't disprove religion. Even evolution. In christianity's history, their official stance was that the Earth was the center of the universe and now it's accepted by the church that the sun is the center of the Earth. If evolution could ever be proven I think the church would just adapt to it rather than perish.

?
But Christians follow the Bible, and if it is written that God created everything, why would they believe in evolution?
Where in Christianity's history does it talk about their look on the Earth and Sun?

Where in Christianity's history does it talk about their look on the Earth and Sun?

"Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, and Chronicles 16:30 state that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "the sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair

?
But Christians follow the Bible, and if it is written that God created everything, why would they believe in evolution?

No where in the Bible, the prophets say how God create anything. Only that it was created and that's it.
Who are we to assume the way God works or how "He" doesn't?. Why could not evolution be one way for creation?. Again, what do we know?. Only what it has been revealed to us in the scriptures, if you believe in them. Assuming anything else is what bring so much confusion, and doubts.

commented: completely untrue. -2
commented: Actually, Genesis does. That's why the book was written, to describe how He created it. +0

No where in the Bible, the prophets say how God create anything. Only that it was created and that's it.
Who are we to assume the way God works or how "He" doesn't?. Why could not evolution be one way for creation?. Again, what do we know?. Only what it has been revealed to us in the scriptures, if you believe in them. Assuming anything else is what bring so much confusion, and doubts.

Oh does it not?
Then tell me, what in the world does Genesis talk about? =/
Read it first and then come back.

commented: You are a very happy, fast, neg rep person. Learn to deal with differences of opinion. And what I said is true. +0
commented: Wow, people tend to bad rep you for no reason at all. +3

Genesis 1:1 "In the Beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
:icon_rolleyes:

"Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, and Chronicles 16:30 state that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "the sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair

Oh I see.
But I meant where does it talk about Christians believing the earth was at the center of the world?

Oh I see.
But I meant where does it talk about Christians believing the earth was at the center of the world?

I think I understand? It was Roman Catholic Dogma to believe in geocentrism. (Was that your question?)

Genesis 1:1 "In the Beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
:icon_rolleyes:

But how?. You and Christina missed my point.
No where God says anything about how He created. So it is very
arrogant for interpreters of the Bible to assume how He did it or not. Now go and find a scripture that reveals what method He used.

But how?. You and Christina missed my point.
No where God says anything about how He created. So it is very
arrogant for interpreters of the Bible to assume how He did it or not. Now go and find a scripture that reveals what method He used.

Oh my gosh... why do you post without reading first? That's very ignorant.
In chapter two, verse seven, the Scripture says: "The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." (Gen. 2:7)

Oh my gosh... why do you post without reading first? That's very ignorant.
In chapter two, verse seven, the Scripture says: "The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." (Gen. 2:7)

How did I know that you where going to use that verse?. You may call me ignorant, that's your prerogative, but young lady, I have studied the scriptures longer that your are alive. Don't dismiss me so causal. It is very commendable that you believe, anchored with faith in the words of old prophets that tried to explain to their people the beginning of life. People that as understanding goes, were very lacking and superstitious. Remember that the book of Genesis was written by Moses, for a people slaved to the Egyptians for more that four hundred years, generations lived their life in bondage, being told what to do and how to think. Same people that as soon as Moses left them for sometime, when he went to the Sinai Mountain, needed to make a golden calf and worship it. Do you think the Lord through Moses is going to explain about molecular structures, DNA, etc...?. We barely understand it today, and certainly, not me. So then, what about those verses that you mention?. Those are not a literal method of how God created man and woman. That only tell this people that He created the first humans. If you believe in then literal is fine. Many has done the same. But don't be surprise if sometime ahead as we know more about this existence, positions change among religious leaders about the origin of humanity, since it will impossible to sustain a literal interpretation of Genesis. By the way, in my previous post I was referring to the Creation of the Universe as a whole, or more clearly, to the representation of the six periods of the Creation.

Okay... well as I've said in the last 96 pages, it's not about science. It's about faith.
And I'm sorry but I don't think the belief in creationism has changed.

its 24 pages for me?

you said 96 pages, its 24 for me?

p.s i dont know why people keep bad repping you, they are just ignorant of other peoples viewpoints. (and yeah people, you can bad rep me for that if you really must!)

commented: no, they shall not bad rep you or I'll get 'em! ;) +9
commented: just for that here's some good rep =) +1

Oh really? Yes, it's 96... I wonder why it's different for you. ..?

I think maybe i played around with the posts per page option in my control panel (im at 1280x1024 if that matters)

nope ~ i run that res and it shows a normal amount of posts.
btw ~ off the subject, christina how on earth did u clock up that many posts in such a short amount of time?!?!?

btw ~ off the subject, christina how on earth did u clock up that many posts in such a short amount of time?!?!?

Word games and this thread. ;)

she playes the counting game lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.