well i was gunna ask about when moses parted the valley of water in the story when he freed everyone, how is that possible?

also probs been asked before but hay why not ask again ~ do u think the plagues could smite the world?

Anything is possible with God, my friend. :o)

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." - Matthew 19:26

> well i was gunna ask about when moses parted the valley of water
> in the story when he freed everyone, how is that possible?
Its a story, thats why its possible.

> well i was gunna ask about when moses parted the valley of water
> in the story when he freed everyone, how is that possible?
Its a story, thats why its possible.

Well yes, to people who don't believe it is simply a story. Just like everything else in the bible.

The tides went out. And when the bad guys came the tide came back and washed them all away!!!

commented: I bad reped Aia because she was wrong. The government does have its own money. This is for involving yourself in others' business. Try reading the thread next time ;) -2

I think it's interesting that ideas with less concrete scientific evidence like evolution is debated more than ideas that seem more scientifically impossible like the parting of the Red Sea. It almost seems more likely that people will defend the idea of evolution before they defend the idea that parting the Red Sea would be impossible.

It almost seems more likely that people will defend the idea of evolution before they defend the idea that parting the Red Sea would be impossible.

Is all a matter of faith. Better yet, of how much faith you exercise. Think it this way. If God is that great, and created every thing,Heavens and Earth, what is a little insignificant miracle like dividing a few drops of water, in comparison?. [Edit:] I had troubles with formatting the text.

Is all a matter of faith. Better yet, of how much faith you exercise. Think it this way. If God is that great, and created every thing; "Heavens and Earth", what is a little insignificant miracle like dividing a "few drops of water", in comparison?.

Exactly.

> Well yes, to people who don't believe it is simply a story. Just like everything else in the bible.
If one has strong belief, one doesn't need XXX to part the valley of water. He can do it himself.

> Well yes, to people who don't believe it is simply a story. Just like everything else in the bible.
If one has strong belief, one doesn't need XXX to part the valley of water. He can do it himself.

Is XXX = God?
Well if one has strong belief, it is not in himself, it's in the one who gives him the ability to part the water or do such miracles.

In other words, it's not man's own aptitude that allows him to do this... it is God's power through him.

> In other words, it's not man's own aptitude that allows him to do this
Correct.
> it is God's power through him.
Everyone has different names for it. Some call it inner strength, some call it power of love, some call it power of hate, you call it God. Fair enough.

> In other words, it's not man's own aptitude that allows him to do this
Correct.
> it is God's power through him.
Everyone has different names for it. Some call it inner strength, some call it power of love, some call it power of hate, you call it God. Fair enough.

Not exactly.
When we are discussing the Bible (and we are...) it is mainly God.

Well when specifically separating the Red Sea, I don't think most would attribute it to power of love or inner strength. A man of God, Moses, says it was God that separated the seas and if I were walking through it myself I would attribute that miracle to God. (No sarcasm meant if it came out that way)

commented: Yes. Good explanation. +11

Sciientific explaination = Tsunami?

When the boxing day one happened the sea went out a good few miles beforehand

commented: Yes. Good explanation. +8

that is just geography at work

Isn't that different? The parting of the Red Sea has water on either side of the Israelites all the way to the other end of the Sea. Then it filled up again. Different than a tsunami's tide.

commented: Yea, I don't think the mods like me much since I'm atheist.. +6

Yep. Completely different.

commented: WHOA.. now I am way behind in this discussion.. I suppose I will have to read all this in my free time.. +6

It wasnt a tsunami per se, something like that.

I watched a whole documentary about it some years ago on the BBC's program , Panorama.

What!? You guys argued for 16 pages after I was 'banned'? Well, damn.. I guess I will go through and read it all.. although after going back and remembering my last fight w/ Dave Sinkula, idk if I want to anymore.. I mean, its obvious that many of you are unyielding, and too closed-minded to carry-on a true debate.. Which is why most atheists refuse to debate.. any1 want to summarize the last 16 pages for me? =)

Who took up the atheist's side while I was gone..

I don't even remember really.

It's been rather random. Dinosaurs and whatnot...

I'm thinking about starting up a new topic for debate...

Concerning dark matter & dark energy.

haha icic.. I see that 'Stein joined back in.. And yall discussed some bs that I would have gladly cleared up :)

What about dark energy/matter?

Well, 96% of the universe around us is dominated by a mysterious "dark energy/matter" that cannot be seen or measured with human abilities... and that only the remaining 4% of our world is what we can actually see.

My pastor did a sermon on this topic this morning. And I found it to be very interesting. What is that mysterious dark energy or matter surrounding us? Could it be the presence of God...?

dark energy? Only about 70% of the Universe's energy is considered to be 'dark energy'. However, the concept of dark energy is rather complex, and I do not know much about it.. How does your pastor even know what dark energy is?

73% is dark energy... 23% is dark matter.

My pastor is very educated, has a doctorate. And he seemed to know a great amount of knowledge about this particular topic... he also knows a lot about auras too, which I also find interesting.

As for myself, I've been researching it also... I'm not a blind type of follower.

ahh ic. Perhaps you should start a new thread.. I read a little bit about it, but finished it more confused than when I started.. Does your pastor have his doctorate in physics? That would be ironic.. What's a learned man doing as a pastor? lol.. (joke)

Lol, I'm not quite sure... he is educated though, unlike most pastors.

I should probably start a new thread. I think I will...

But as my personal opinion, I do think it's the presence of God... (my own little theory :))

I don't think so either ;)

I just read an article proposing a completely new idea about gravity and how it works in order to explain dark energy/matter as simply illusions.. I doubt that our current knowledge of gravity is incorrect.. but these scientists bring up a very good point. It's all very interesting.. and now I will have to stay up past 2 a.m. reading about this b/c of you! lol

Lol sorry.

Eh, it's just something that again, no one knows... it's okay to make our own conclusions..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.