>>this will have to be something that ALL christian sects believe
1. Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, raised from the dead and ascended into heaven.

2. The goodhood consists of three members: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost (AKA the trienity of the goodhood).

3. The only way to get to heaven is thru Jesus Christ.

4. We are all sinners and require God's forgiveness to get to heaven.

Those I think are the basic principals of Christianity that all denominations will agree with. From there beliefs diverse significantly, for example I don't believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible. The earth is certainly much older than the 6,000 years many Christians believe it to be. And the earth was not created in 6 earth days but 6 of God's days, which could be millions of earth years.

This is true.

A bit off topic but has anyone seen jesus camp? Truly disturbing in my opinion.

>>this will have to be something that ALL christian sects believe
1. Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, raised from the dead and ascended into heaven.

2. The goodhood consists of three members: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost (AKA the trienity of the goodhood).

3. The only way to get to heaven is thru Jesus Christ.

4. We are all sinners and require God's forgiveness to get to heaven.

Theologians might quibble, but that seems to me a pretty viable base distillation.

Just from historical records, we can't prove the existence of a god, because he is only mentioned in the bible, but of course there were civilisations before the bible was made, so thereforth is 'god' a scarab beetle?

A bit off topic but has anyone seen jesus camp? Truly disturbing in my opinion.

What is that.

There is no scientific proof that God exists or even what God is. But there is proof that Jesus Christ exists 2,000 some odd years ago and according to Him He is the Son of God and God indeed exists. We can't prove Ben Franklin existed either but we know he did from his and others written word.

I haven't seen this. But what's disturbing about it?

<shudder> I hope you are not serious.

At the camp, Fischer stresses the need for children to purify themselves in order to be part of the "army of God." She strongly believes that children need to be in the forefront of turning America toward conservative Christian values. She also feels that Christians need to focus on training kids since "the enemy" are focused on training theirs.

<shudder> I hope you are not serious.

..? I'm serious.

>At the camp, Fischer stresses the need for children to purify themselves in order to be part of the "army of God." She strongly believes that children need to be in the forefront of turning America toward conservative Christian values. She also feels that Christians need to focus on training kids since "the enemy" are focused on training theirs.

I think thats pretty scary.

There is no scientific proof that God exists or even what God is. But there is proof that Jesus Christ exists 2,000 some odd years ago and according to Him He is the Son of God and God indeed exists. We can't prove Ben Franklin existed either but we know he did from his and others written word.

hahaha come on now, AD. There is a huge difference btwn proving god exists, and proving Ben Franklin existed. Pictures, biographies, published work, first-hand accounts, etc. all prove without a doubt that Ben Franklin did exist. However, there is absolutely no proof that a god exists (because he doesn't). Even if jesus existed, that doesn't mean jack. Perhaps he was some kind of schizophrenic weirdo who thought he was talking to god, but it was actually just himself. Or maybe he made everything up, hoping for attention (he got it, didn't he?). The fact of the matter is, you can't prove that jesus was who he said he was. There is no proof that he actually did any miracles at all.. In fact, there is very little real evidence about him at all.. (The bible doesn't count, as it is a bunch of biased bull crap.)

The fact of the matter is, you can't prove that jesus was who he said he was.

Plausible and debatable, yes.

There is no proof that he actually did any miracles at all..

Correct, only anecdotal accounts

In fact, there is very little real evidence about him at all.. (The bible doesn't count, as it is a bunch of biased bull crap.)

Incorrect. As I understand it, there is quite a bit of historical evidence outside of the bible that supports his existence.

>Incorrect. As I understand it, there is quite a bit of historical evidence outside of the bible that supports his existence.

No one is disputing Jesus's existence.

>Incorrect. As I understand it, there is quite a bit of historical evidence outside of the bible that supports his existence.

No one is disputing Jesus's existence.

Actually Josh was in the previous post.

Incorrect. As I understand it, there is quite a bit of historical evidence outside of the bible that supports his existence.

Yes, evidence that he existed, but nothing about what he actually did in his life. From what I understand, there is evidence that he lived, and was a carpenter... but nothing about where he went, who he met, etc. There is just bits of evidence that cannot prove he did anything that was claimed in the bible.

Yes, evidence that he existed, but nothing about what he actually did in his life. From what I understand, there is evidence that he lived, and was a carpenter... but nothing about where he went, who he met, etc. There is just bits of evidence that cannot prove he did anything that was claimed in the bible.

There is more in the historical record of him than that, however I am not disputing that much of the information on his character and deeds stems from gospels which by their nature are of questionable veracity.

Josh... do you know what faith is?

blind believe?

foolish belief?
Illogical belief?
Naive belief?
Unscientific belief?

so, sturm... you haven't ever had faith in anything?

Well, it all depends on your mind, if you believe in a being capable of creating the earth in 6 days (resting on the 7th remember :P), being able to create mass swarms of locusts, giving people the power to part water, etc. That's your opinion. And you are entitled to it. But trying to convert others, or like that bizarre American family which protest at soldiers funerals because they think what the American soldiers are doing is satanic, is a step to far. But at least there are very few of them....

I actually agree with that to a certain level. Obiously you don't go to the extremes of that family but God does tell us to spead his word. That doesnt mean going around and harrassing people about it simply that we are to tell people what has been done for them and us. Due to how sensitive people are these days in regards to these matters they probably look at even that as "trying to convert" them.

>so, sturm... you haven't ever had faith in anything?

Nope. Don't believe in it.

anything at all? faith in your team (whichever sport you like), faith your gf is not cheating... no faith at all?

He said he diddn't believe in anything not that he doesn't have any faith.

commented: FUCK YOU -2
commented: COME MIERDA +0

then he didn't answer my question correctly...

No he answered your question based on the topic of this post.

you don't get it, do you? he didn't answer my question... i didn't ask "Do you beleive in a supreme being?"... i asked "you haven't ever had faith in anything?"

hey lasher, you seen my comment yet?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.