Where do you propose that we send the CIA agents? There isn't a centralized target to go after. This is not conventional war. We can't just assassinate some individual who is easily located. We can't just randomly search people's homes. We can't just have people randomly reporting "suspicious" behavior and act on it without some verification; that would just create a huge witch hunt.

Sounds like the Patriot Act to me...:icon_wink:

Where do you propose that we send the CIA agents? There isn't a centralized target to go after. This is not conventional war. We can't just assassinate some individual who is easily located. We can't just randomly search people's homes. We can't just have people randomly reporting "suspicious" behavior and act on it without some verification; that would just create a huge witch hunt.

I'm saying if we just left now.. And let the civil war erupt. Let them fight it out, and then choose someone loyal to America that we can get in there as leader.. We've done it so many times before, especially to South American countries and during the cold war.

I'm saying if we just left now.. And let the civil war erupt. Let them fight it out, and then choose someone loyal to America that we can get in there as leader.. We've done it so many times before, especially to South American countries and during the cold war.

To do that, we have to support the party we'd be putting in place. We can't let someone win the civil war and then just supplant them with someone else of our choosing. Hell, you've described what we're trying to do, 'cept that we're planting a democratic government instead of a dictator (the last one we put in Iraq kinda backfired).

Sounds like the Patriot Act to me...:icon_wink:

IMHO the only good thing about the Patriot Act was the acronym.

(Not really... I mean, it must have had something else good about it, but there was a lot of crap in there too... reasons to not pass laws when everyone's hysterical and out of control...)

I think obama is nice. If i were american id vote for him

Obama is a Muslim fundamentalist, similar in his outlook on life (and how others should live it or more frequently not live) to that nutcase president of Iran...

hmm. maybe not then?

Obama is a Muslim fundamentalist, similar in his outlook on life (and how others should live it or more frequently not live) to that nutcase president of Iran...

I don't think being muslem will be in his disfavor. I recall people having similar fears about JFK in 1960 -- Don't vote for a catholic because the pope will be running the white house :S Turned out to be a completly false assumption and JFK did just fine as President, until of course when someone(s) shot him to death.

Obama, if elected, will have an even bigger problem -- he's black. I don't have a problem with that either, unless he continues sucking up to people like this.

who is that guy?

who is that guy?

what guy? Rev. Al Sharpton? He's a jerk who likes to stur up racist trouble whenever possible. He and his supporters stood in the middle of the interstate (6-lane freeway, or autobahn as they call it in Germany) in St Louis a couple years ago to protest about something.

Obama is Christian.. His ideas are typically moderate and similar to muslim principles though..

I don't think being muslem will be in his disfavor. I recall people having similar fears about JFK in 1960 -- Don't vote for a catholic because the pope will be running the white house :S Turned out to be a completly false assumption and JFK did just fine as President, until of course when someone(s) shot him to death.

Obama, if elected, will have an even bigger problem -- he's black. I don't have a problem with that either, unless he continues sucking up to people like this.

Politicans are always sucking up to someone or other.. I think Obama would make a great president.. He's very intelligent and he has experience (More than we can say about the current president).. but I would rather the Republicans retain control of the executive.. But since there aren't any great Republicans running, and every1 seems really pissed off at the republicans.. I'm quite sure the dems will pull a landslide victory in '08

Where the heck are you getting your data from? No, Barak Obama is currently Christian, who grew up in an Islamic household. Last time I checked, he had never denied the Holocaust.:icon_rolleyes:

Umm... he's definitely a Christian. Muslim fundamentalist? What... :?:

Where the heck are you getting your data from? No, Barak Obama is currently Christian, who grew up in an Islamic household. Last time I checked, he had never denied the Holocaust.:icon_rolleyes:

Harsh words. We have many muslims here in Britain, and i have many friends who are. None of them have ever openly denied the holocaust.

I'm a Republican who really loves what Obama has to say. He's pressing all the right buttons and, unless he screws up pretty badly, has a very good chance to be elected.

Perhaps, but remember, he's still got to defeat Hillary Clinton for the official nomination as the Democratic Candidate before that can happen, and the Clintons are no strangers to the kind of political wrangling that go on in those contests.

If Hillary Clinton is nominated that will mean another Republican will win the WH. I know only one person who will vote for her. I'm not against a woman President, just not Halarious Klinton.

If Hillary Clinton is nominated that will mean another Republican will win the WH. I know only one person who will vote for her. I'm not against a woman President, just not Halarious Klinton.

++ except I don't know anyone who'd vote for her...

Lol probably not even Bill...

...he's still got to defeat Hillary Clinton for the official nomination as the Democratic Candidate ...

If Hillary Clinton is nominated ...

But she's already been President! :icon_twisted:

In that case isn't she no longer valid? Amendment 22 of the US Constitution:

1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Anyway, since she wasn't ruling in her own name during the last shot, she's probably legally covered. Although there was so much talk about a copresidency under the Clintons last time...wonder if she could be disqualified on those grounds?

He's Christian to the same extent as Saddam was Muslim, just enough to get people to vote for him.

According to Islam ANYTHING is allowed to destroy the infidels, including openly embracing their religion. You'll still be Muslim in reality and all your sins are automatically forgiven as long as you did it for Islam.

In that case isn't she no longer valid? Amendment 22 of the US Constitution:

Anyway, since she wasn't ruling in her own name during the last shot, she's probably legally covered. Although there was so much talk about a copresidency under the Clintons last time...wonder if she could be disqualified on those grounds?

But in that case she was comitting a crime by ruling the country in the role of an elected official without being elected to that office...

Sounds rather serious, a willful and deliberate attempt to destroy democratic process.

But in that case she was comitting a crime by ruling the country in the role of an elected official without being elected to that office...

Sounds rather serious, a willful and deliberate attempt to destroy democratic process.

Many president's wives have played important roles in their husband's administration, Hillary was just a little more involved than most. Walt's comment was certainly toung-in-cheek and expressed an opinion that many others hold too.

He's Christian to the same extent as Saddam was Muslim, just enough to get people to vote for him.

According to Islam ANYTHING is allowed to destroy the infidels, including openly embracing their religion. You'll still be Muslim in reality and all your sins are automatically forgiven as long as you did it for Islam.

Um, It's not like he all of a sudden became Christian right before announcing his presidential candidacy. He never truly was a muslim anyways: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama (Theres some evidence for you, walt;))

Obama apparently became Christian in his twenties.. So why do you consider him muslim? Are people not allowed to convert from one religion to another? I was born christian, but now I am atheist.. Do you still consider me a christian?

this muslem stuff is nothing more than propaganda by the Clinton staff and her supporters. He was only 6 years old for God's sake when he was in Indonesia.

Um, It's not like he all of a sudden became Christian right before announcing his presidential candidacy. He never truly was a muslim anyways: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama (Theres some evidence for you, walt;))

Obama apparently became Christian in his twenties.. So why do you consider him muslim? Are people not allowed to convert from one religion to another? I was born christian, but now I am atheist.. Do you still consider me a christian?

Well, according to some religions, no, you can't convert from one to another. (Or more precisely, you can't convert from that religion to another one.) I don't happen to buy that, but it's still part of their structure.

And no, I wouldn't consider you a christian. I would state that you probably never were a christian; choosing to follow Jesus Christ is a personal decision; it's not something you can be born into. I am a christian. I am so because I weighed the evidence I've seen, and chose to follow Him myself, not because my parents were, or my grandparents, or any other relative or friend. That my family and friends mostly are believers has certainly made it easier for me (as opposed to being killed for following Christ, as many believers are in Islamic countries, or in places like China), but they were not the ones that lead me to make that decision in the first place.

commented: good post. -christina +4

And no, I wouldn't consider you a christian. I would state that you probably never were a christian; choosing to follow Jesus Christ is a personal decision; it's not something you can be born into. I am a christian. I am so because I weighed the evidence I've seen, and chose to follow Him myself, not because my parents were, or my grandparents, or any other relative or friend. That my family and friends mostly are believers has certainly made it easier for me (as opposed to being killed for following Christ, as many believers are in Islamic countries, or in places like China), but they were not the ones that lead me to make that decision in the first place.

Actually, I was once a strong Christian. An orthodox catholic, with a very strong faith in god. However, I actually have weighed the evidence I've seen, and my final conclusion is atheism and nihilism. From my experience and knowledge, I find it impossible for a supreme being to exist in this universe... but, this isn't the correct forum to be discussing religion.. that forum is here:http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread74236-45.html

And I'm sure you can go back to the beginning-middle of the thread and read how I and others reasoned out that there is no god.. (It's a rather long thread, though)

And I'm sure you can go back to the beginning-middle of the thread and read how I and others reasoned out that there is no god.. (It's a rather long thread, though)

Except for me, of course lol.

Well, according to some religions, no, you can't convert from one to another. (Or more precisely, you can't convert from that religion to another one.) I don't happen to buy that, but it's still part of their structure.

That's how it is for me also. It's good that we as individuals make our own decisions on this kind of stuff. I commend this post.

... I don't

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.