That have better time management yet charge you extorsionatly for the privalage

National Health Service. Everyone gets free healthcare (at the expense of taxes)

There are private hospitals too though....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHS

Oh. Well that's cool.

commented: just giving away free rep, so I can neg. rep rashakill -Josh +4

yup and don't always do a better job

Yup. Not exactly the most high tech hospitals or the newest equiptment or the sshortest wait times but if you hurt yourself then you are damn glad to have it.

Oh yeah, that's what we need.

i think we took this waaay off topic XD

yes, that always happens.

so to get it back on topic: what are you majoring in hbk619?

He said hes doing a BTEC in ICT

"she said she's doing" if you don't mind ;)

and yeah, that plus AS Psychology (which is hte first half of an ALevel).

Hope to go on to: Well, to be honest anything i'm happy in. I live writing programs (little ones) and web developing. But i don't really want to go to uni. though i'm wamring up to the idea of a cheaper - and -further-away-from-parents scottish uni

She? :| sorry i thaught with all the wrestling stuff that you were a guy (no offense intended) :$

Most unis need 3 A2 levels though :(

but i think a BTEC aught to be fine. Isnt that the equvilient of like 4?

I was looking at doing a degree in ICT and Buisness. Might suit you too.

I do BTEC It
what a laugh

Hes doing a different one. Hes not doing software practicioner. Read the other pages.

ah, i am lazy, sorry!

You are forgiven :)

hehe, yeah. I'm not very feminine, but still female no harm done. :)

Most unis need 3 A2 levels though :(

but i think a BTEC aught to be fine. Isnt that the equvilient of like 4?

I was looking at doing a degree in ICT and Buisness. Might suit you too.

yeah, BTEC ICT diploma dooda is = to 3 alevels. and it can convert into UCAS points.

I was looking at scottish unis'.. there's one that does the exact sort of course i want to do, game developing. 3 or 4 years.

Do u need A level maths though?

yeah, but i can always do AS maths next year (so i'm half there) while i finish btec, if absolutly nessacary

Im going to do AS use of maths (one year course). Hopefully that and A2 computing will be enough for me to take Comp/Sci at uni.

yeah just have to talk to teh right people and they'll tell you i guess

There was a massive Higher Education conference recently at the University of Surrey. I went. It was very useful.

funky, i love crossing the border :D

and yeah nursers don't get paid alot.

It's midwife's we're definitly short on. And probably doctors, they all get fired to "cut costs". This is NHS speaking of course

£20 an hour? shikes. Not sure what ours are on

Of course, just doing a currency conversion doesn't account for differences in cost of living :icon_wink:

Its cheaper to live in the USA

b/c theres more land in the U.S. than there is the UK

gawd.. I leave for one day, and when I come back this thread has twice as many pages..

b/c theres more land in the U.S. than there is the UK

Your reasoning is, well, wrong. I sincerely doubt a correlation between land area and cost of living.

Your reasoning is, well, wrong. I sincerely doubt a correlation between land area and cost of living.

... I thought he was referring to land prices.. That land is cheaper in the U.S. than it is in the UK. And my response, that there is much more land in the U.S. is a reason.

..And actually the cost of living and the land value is related. The higher the price of land, the higher the standard of living. Look t NYC for instance. Small apartments in NYC are very expensive. The same size apartment in the city I live would be much cheaper.

So, actually.. It is you who is wrong.

There is actually a strong corellation. Same thing here too with regards to the city being pricey.

Cost of living is always higher in cities. Why? Because there's money in cities. When money is more easy to come by, it's value decreases and costs increase. You go somewhere with less money, or to a relatively poor area, and the cost of living drops. Land value follows this trend for the same reasons. That's why a 2 bedroom rambler here in the city goes for $400k+ and a 4 bedroom place a couple hours away with a small acreage will go for $300k

commented: i dont like u -1

Cost of living is always higher in cities. Why? Because there's money in cities. When money is more easy to come by, it's value decreases and costs increase. You go somewhere with less money, or to a relatively poor area, and the cost of living drops. Land value follows this trend for the same reasons. That's why a 2 bedroom rambler here in the city goes for $400k+ and a 4 bedroom place a couple hours away with a small acreage will go for $300k

exactly, so there is a positive correlation between cost of living and land value

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.