Hi,
My name is Terry. A bit older than average (60 - but my wife was born the same month I graduated high school, so she says that takes off 10 years). I've been programming since '79, used BASIC, Assembler, Forth, dBASE, Paradox, Clarion, Turbo Pascal, C, Modula-2, C++, Delphi and C# (roughly in that order). I use Delphi for all serioius work, as I find NET to be a bit of a hack, although unfortunately it cannot be ignored.

I run a fish hatchery in Colorado and develop applications (mainly database and math) for the Colorado Division of Wildlife. I plan to get out of the fish business and into consulting later this summer. Standing in ice water all day helping fish have sex isn't all it's cracked up to be.

When I'm not working, I'm usually skiing (Crested Butte, Monarch, Telluride), biking, motorcycling or playing with the dogs or my child bride.

I found this site while searching for a solution to a problem we're having with one of our big data systems. I didn't find any answers yet, but you folks look interesting!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Glad to have you on board!

I hope you enjoy your stay and find the answers you desire.

Welcome Terry! :)

commented: thanks +2

Hey welcome aboard Terry.

Nice Intro and Welcome to DaniWeb

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.