where you from

ahhh well then it wakes sense

Lol yeah, that's all they listen to.

im from In so we have rock addicts

I like alternative rock/acoustic...

i know and emo

Emo? Not exactly, just some.

I like some Emo music, but I'm more into acoustic and alt/punk... D/C!

I just bought The Mystery Tramps' new album, the Cure For The Common Misconception, and I'd say it's much better than the old one.

Oh wait, you don't know who they are... They're a local band, check out their site, themysterytramps.com; they're going pretty far these days, two albums, playing everywhere, their albums are at Newbury Comics and the likes...

Check em out. The songs All In My Head, A World Like This (which is a remake of a song off of their old album) and Someway Somehow are amazing. *edit* So is the rest of the album */edit*

commented: D/C - Dashboard? They rock, I agree. +12

I like some Emo music, but I'm more into acoustic and alt/punk... D/C!

Is D/C - Dashboard Confessional? If so, I'm in love with them. They're awesome!

Yes, Dashboard Confessional. I love them, but still, the Mystery Tramps prevail over them any day. Check em out.

Well, this is going to be a long list. I like lots of different styles of music ... in no specific order (other than as they come to me) -

Led Zeppelin (they probably are my fav band), Rodrigo y Gabriella, Dire Straits, Hendrix (sometimes), Damien Rice (not his recent stuff), Eric Clapton,Sigur Ros (of late), Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains, AC DC (sometimes), Audioslave, Blur (Think Tank is awsome), Jeff Buckley (I wish he didn't die :( ), Portishead (sometimes), Queen are OK, there are probably lots more, but I can't think of any. Heh. I just realised I went through that alphabetically (ish) after Pink Floyd.

I've also been known to listen to Ludwig Van (Started calling him that now - watched A Clockwork Orange last night). Oh, and of course my own stuff :)

I absolutely love Led Zeppelin.

>> I absolutely love Led Zeppelin.

The thing that's so great about them is that they have so many different sounds. They can (could :( Why do my favourite artists/bands break up because of death :( ), pull off nearly any sound! In contrast with lots of other bands ...

Oh, anyone ever listen to Hayseed Dixie :D

Led Zeppelin is my (and all of my friend's) favorite band. They are so amazing.

Page + Guitar + Violin Bow = Wow.

On CD they're impressionable, but their live stuff is unbelieveable. They can all just play in synch and what they're doing (obviously not all of it), is improvisation and it sounds so great.

My fav songs ... (I also like som Neil Young stuff and Paco de Lucia), Possibly sultans of swing (I sometimes play gigs and I do a cool acoustic version of it), Comfortably Numb, Brothers in Arms, When the Levee Breaks, and Since I've Been Loving You.

I've seen Page and Plant live together, but Bonham died before I was born.

Since I've Been Loving You is great. My favorite songs (in no particular order):

All In My Head - The Mystery Tramps
A World Like This - The Mystery Tramps
Radio - The Alkaline Trio
Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional

Anything by Led Zeppelin is my favorite

Yes, Dashboard Confessional. I love them, but still, the Mystery Tramps prevail over them any day. Check em out.

Never heard of them...

Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional

Yes, I love that song - it's probably my favorite that they do... and the new one "Stolen."

Eh Stolen is ok, but you know, the old stuff is still better.

http://www.themysterytramps.com/

Local band, amazing. If you have a Newbury Comics where you are, buy their CD, Cure For The Common Misconception. It is truly amazing.

They look really young.

Eric, Lead Vocals: 16 or 17, I forget
Adam, Lead Guitar: 14
Andrew, Bass: 15
Martin, Drums: 15

I think that's right. I know all of them. They are truly amazing. Launch the media player and listen to them.

Oh you really know them? Personally? - That's pretty cool.

They seem pretty talented for their age.

Yeah, I'm friends with all of them. They're all in the same school as myself. They're really going the distance as a band, two albums already and everything. I hope they make it far.

They're opening for the Aquabats over the summer, and my band is opening for them (the Mystery Tramps) over the summer as well.

i have some friends making a band and im editing and managing for no pay which is terrible (the last part)

Yeah, I'm friends with all of them. They're all in the same school as myself. They're really going the distance as a band, two albums already and everything. I hope they make it far.

They're opening for the Aquabats over the summer, and my band is opening for them (the Mystery Tramps) over the summer as well.

That's great!

Yeah...

By the way, I edit for some local bands (not the Tramps) -- videos, music, logos, wallpapers, websites, forums, etc... But I get paid -- big time! I get paid $50/hour for each song I edit for them. I get more for videos, and even more for their site and forum.

thats awesome.. I was never really in to making my own band.. I don't really listen to music much either.. Just some POP on the radio station occasionally (when NPR is playing that crappy classical junk)

you get PAYED! Youre lucky i just get to do it because im the only one at our school who is good at doing edits

Yeah...

By the way, I edit for some local bands (not the Tramps) -- videos, music, logos, wallpapers, websites, forums, etc... But I get paid -- big time! I get paid $50/hour for each song I edit for them. I get more for videos, and even more for their site and forum.

Stacking up on those benjamins! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.