I liked visio.. Office '07 ultimate is pretty tight too.

i dislike vistas easy to useness. All the good stuff is all hideen away

lol.. You should have used the beta versions, then you would know exactly where to find everything ;)

What do you mean the "good stuff"? How can I find this treasure?

>> I don't get it?
Can you use the program enough to satisfy yourself that it's good? Do you think it's a good program? Do you find it hard to do what you want to do with it?

>> Cubase is horrible.

Why horrible?

do you know that you can open a command prompt logged in as the vista Admin account (equivilent of root on linux - it has NO UAC or anytyhing so be careful) by typing cmd into the start menu search bar and holding control+shift when you hit search/enter

Where can I find a list of hidden thingys on Vista?

And no, I didn't know that.

And also, I meant I don't get what you said to me. Cubase is just... not good enough.

Theres a ton of this 'hidden treasure' that you speak of. I had access to every single beta version of Vista including the final Vista Ultimate x64 (I liked the codename Longhorn lol). They had many ideas that changed throughout all the betas.. And personally, I think the released revision is really good compared to everything in the betas. As for a list of all the new tech tools like jbennet mentioned, I don't know of a website or anywhere that posts all these..

>> Cubase is just... not good enough.
Really? You're the first person I've heard give out about it. Don't a lot of recording studio's have an industrial version of it?

Jeez, that's not what I meant at all. I meant... It's too feature packed for a hobbyist like myself. It doesn't have the right tools for me, and has too many non-needed tools. See?

>> It's too feature packed for a hobbyist like myself.
That's what I meant from the start :) Maybe I should work on being more clear in what I say. I understand now. There's a nice simple one I used before called ... ah ... I'll get back to you. It crashed a lot, but was nice and easy and had next to no features ... I think it was MS Sound Recorder :P Nah. Only messing.

>> It's too feature packed for a hobbyist like myself.
That's what I meant from the start :) Maybe I should work on being more clear in what I say.

Its b/c you say "ye" all the time that people don't understand :D haha jp

Well, yall better get used to it.

I use Audition and Audacity. I'm cool with those.

Well, yall better get used to it.

HA! I converted you to Texan! I win :)

>> HA! I converted you to Texan! I win :)

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Where did that JD come from?

Hehe... So, back to music.......

I like The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

Yea, they seem good.

I like joe satriani he is really cool

Red Jumpsuit is too mainstream where I am... The song Face Down is destroying everyone's mind (my girlfriend thinks so too).

As for Joe Satriani, I love his music.

I'm also into Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, and Less Than Jake now. And also, for those of you in Boston, MA, Blood for Blood is my second favorite band (under Led Zeppelin, of course) -- they are a Boston Trash Hardcore band.

(by the way, thought I'd point this out, that when I right click on Satriani, because it's spelt wrong, I get Triangulate as the first choice... Also, did anyone notice that Firefox has spelt listed as a misspelled word? And offline?)

silly FF

I love joe satriani. Super colossal is his best album IMHO.

I like Travis. Though sometimes their music make me sleepy...

I like Travis. Though sometimes their music make me sleepy...

I listen to pretty much all genres except classical, rnb and heavy metal. Recently I mostly listen to late 80s early 90s hip hop; modern rock/indie/pop seems boring.

Travis' first album (Good Feeling) was excellent, it is still one I play regularly. Wish I could say teh same for their later work

I like A.R.Rahuman songs they Are really well just hear them

Anyone here every even heard of Blood for Blood?

Well, I guess not. Does anyone like Sublime or Phish?

no

Red Jumpsuit is too mainstream where I am... The song Face Down is destroying everyone's mind (my girlfriend thinks so too).

Really? Everyone loves that song here, but I don't think anyone has been taking it the wrong way or anything.

It's a great song, I have to say. It's just way too overplayed here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.