Since all our arguments are going everywhere and taking over everything, I propose that we keep our griping, whining, complaining, and whatever else rep related to this thread. And then we can continue hijacking everything else in our normal way...

And now all the rep I've actually deserved (good and bad) is almost disappeared... :'( (I can understand the VT one, but everything above it makes me laugh :D)

Recommended Answers

All 53 Replies

Here's my rep page now:

The top two were for my "Do you like killing people?" question in the yes/no thread ^_^

oh, wow... you've had a good week :P

Wow... and I thought I was doing bad.

I'm tired of being mad, but please, PLEASE can't we at least see who's giving us this bad rep? I think it would be fun to ridicule them, as it seems like all the negative repping is being done by 1-2 people...

>I think it would be fun to ridicule them, as it seems like all the negative
>repping is being done by 1-2 people...
The logic is that if you know who gave you bad rep, you would give them bad rep in return. Personally, all I care about with rep are the comments (I couldn't care less if it's green or red candy), and when people are too cowardly to state who they are, it takes the fun out of reading them.

>The logic is that if you know who gave you bad rep, you would give them bad rep in return.
Well, true (I wouldn't though). However, do you think that the people who hand the red dots out would be so bold to say stuff like that if they knew their names were being attached to everything they said?

And I agree -- not having names on the comments makes it far less fun.

>do you think that the people who hand the red dots out would be so bold to
>say stuff like that if they knew their names were being attached to
>everything they said?
If they don't have the rocks to tag their names now, I'm sure that automatically listing their names would weaken their comments greatly. ;) I respect people who can voice their opinion openly, and conversely I don't respect people who hide behind anonymity when they flame.

commented: Agreed. :icon_biggrin: -'Stein +6

From what I've seen the rep rating system is only useful as a popularity poll supported by the members. There is no criteria that needs to be met, no guides lines go by, and I suspect that most members are as oblivious as I am of it. Just more eye candy.

Having said that...how do I access this report?

That about covers it. Rep is a superfluous feature, but it is fun occasionally.

>Having said that...how do I access this report?
You can see your rep under the control panel.

commented: well said - jbennet +11

Oh, I thought I was the only one targeted, but it seems like I have got some good company. ;-) Not surprisingly, most of the comments I see in your rep chart are the same as I have got with a few profanity thrown here and there.

I don't know why people just don't PM me and get things straightened out -- esp when I *never* hand out negative rep, only infractions ;-).

Oh and you can always make a special request to Dani -- I am sure she must be having a log dump of all these things.... :-)

Any way to see what infractions you have on your account?

IIRC, only mods can see the infractions you've been given.

The User CP is the answer to your question.

Where?

Click the Control panel link at the top of your page. If you have any infractions, they would show up.

Are they the red squares?

Yes, but I hope you are not talking about the orange 'rep' ones.

I dunno, im kinda colourblind. all the blocks look brown to me...

If there's an expiration, that's an infraction.

I dont think i have any then. Yay!

Oh come on! Even I have an infraction... Wait, you probably shouldn't be comparing these things to me. I'm a bad influence.

commented: Can you see who reps you? +4

I dont think I have any? But i think maybe I should do, the amount of times I have been warned about spelling :) (i removed the names for privacy)

commented: Your rep listing's color pattern lacks proper feng shui; this should fix things. -1

Im pretty sure the Gah! was Danis' work - she always sais that word :)

commented: -Josh (It cut me off..) +4

OMFG I am really annoyed!

Some retard thaught it would be really funny to give me a bad rep for no reason . The comment read:

Your rep listing's color pattern lacks proper feng shui; this should fix things.

OMG what sort of sick person does that. Thats just spiteful.

commented: Rep serves no purpose. Just enjoy the comments you get or you'll end up with ulcers. ;) -Narue -2
commented: Rashakil is an asshole.. we need to stick together - +4

Now you're calling me a retard. :-/

Rep is just some number stored in a table somewhere; I didn't expect you to be annoyed by it.

commented: y r u so mean ? -1

lol.. see what I mean? idk.. maybe the guy is just so used to people hating him that he likes it? Just a proposition..

Rashakil: Some advice: If you are nice to other people, then they will usually be nice back.. In case you haven't been told..

Update!

commented: Have some consideration. Rep is not a game, some people actually take it seriously and no wonder people dont like you if you treat it that way. +11

My favorites:

"y r u so mean?"
"You are the biggest douchebag I kno. u goin straight to hell."

You really have a knack for annoying people ;-) Some people just don't appreciate humor...

commented: I'm not sure which rep you'll get with this, because the javascript doesn't work too well with konqueror - Rashakil -1

I have to join in on this. :)

I'd like to see your rep chart from about a year ago, from the C++ forum.

No really. Did you get bad reps then?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.