Yeah, JFK had an affair with Marylin Monroe. A lot of presidents have had affairs. FDR had one too. There are a few other presidents that had affairs that a lot of people don't know about. I guess all the power and fame and being away from the wife for long enough gets to their heads. That's one thing about JFK I just don't like. But he had a lot of good qualities. Like Clinton, morally he wasn't the greatest guy but as a president he did get some things done for us that were good (for republicans and democrats alike) like reduce the national deficit. I was told that if his plan would have been followed by Bush for the next however many years (I remember it was less than two terms) the deficit would be reduced to zero. But since it never happened that's up for debate. There's really no way to prove it right or wrong.

I didn't know FDR had an affair! Ugh, what's wrong with them? Lol.

Yeah I agree with you about Clinton.
In fact, I'm going to vote for Hilary this coming election. (I'll be 18, yess :))

Yeah, I'll be 18 too. Actually by that time I'll be 19. I think I'll probably vote for her. Did you see the Republican debates? It was all about so much torture and increasing the size of Gitmo from the parts I watched. I thought it was kind of funny when they said it was sponsored by the South Carolina Republican party and Fox News. Kind of gave away their bias. I don't like watching Fox News anyway. It's too one-sided (conservative) but the truth is if I noticed a news channel that was too one-sided on the liberal side I wouldn't want to watch it either. Just because facts are always distorted. So many times I've heard one point of view, thought it was really good, but when I hear the other side I just feel stupid for believing it. It's good to be open-minded, but have opinions.

Just for curiosity's sake, why Hillary?

I like her.

I will be 18 soon but the silly election isnt for years. tony blair is retiring as he has been PM for 10 years as there is no limit on re-election. He is handing it over to gordon brown without a contest

Well, I'm not going to vote until after I've done more research on it. Chances are I'll vote for a Democrat. The leading Democrats right now are Clinton and Obama. I forget if Ohio has an open primary or a closed one. If it's open I'll be taking part in that, but after the primaries I'll vote based on who's left. I didn't like our choices in '04. Even though I don't like Bush I really don't think Kerry would have been much better. And this way it's only four more years as opposed to a potential eight years with Kerry.

Yeah, I'll be 18 too. Actually by that time I'll be 19. I think I'll probably vote for her. Did you see the Republican debates? It was all about so much torture and increasing the size of Gitmo from the parts I watched. I thought it was kind of funny when they said it was sponsored by the South Carolina Republican party and Fox News. Kind of gave away their bias. I don't like watching Fox News anyway. It's too one-sided (conservative) but the truth is if I noticed a news channel that was too one-sided on the liberal side I wouldn't want to watch it either. Just because facts are always distorted. So many times I've heard one point of view, thought it was really good, but when I hear the other side I just feel stupid for believing it. It's good to be open-minded, but have opinions.

So, do you watch much news?

Most of the big names are fairly biased toward the liberal side. Fox News gets its name as 'biased conservative' from the fact it doesn't regurgitate the traditional liberal talking points on everything; the actual broadcasts do their best to remain balanced.

Well I don't watch the news very much, but from what I have seen on Fox news, it really isn't very balanced. It's very conservative. Maybe not as much when they're just covering a story, but I'm not talking about the channel eight Fox, it's one of their other channels, 12 where I'm at if that helps any.

Whoa! JB you're not even 18 yet? You have the intelligence of a more experienced senior computer user!

My favorite period in US History would probably have to be the Vietnamese War or the Korean War. I find them both very interesting.

Yeah, im only 17 (18 in feb)

The UK faught in the korean war too, I believe.

You seem more mature than 17...

Anyways, back on topic, the UK did fight in the Korean war.

I am not at all mature in real life. I am a whole different person online. I like my online self better ;)

I didn't know the UK was in Vietnam. I thought it was only the U.S. (after the French of course) because the UN didn't enter. It makes sense that they would take part though. Being a first world country and an ally with the United States and all.

When was the Korean War? I haven't really studied too much about it, although it's my heritage.

Sometime in the 1950's. The UN, largely the comprised of the US, went into Korea to stop the spread of communism after the Japanese surrendered to the US in South Korea and the USSR in North Korea. The fought northward and were successful until they got too close to the Chinese border and they jumped in the war. At the end the division line was about the same as it was before the war, the north is still communist and the south still isn't. The biggest difference is the number of dead and wounded. A lot of people say it was still worth it because they prevented communism in South Korea but some still say that too many people died and the result was no different than the situation before the war.

I didn't know the UK was in Vietnam. I thought it was only the U.S. (after the French of course) because the UN didn't enter. It makes sense that they would take part though. Being a first world country and an ally with the United States and all.

I didnt say we were in vietnam with you. I said we were in Korea with you.

Hehe, try reading posts before you reply to them...

When was the Korean War? I haven't really studied too much about it, although it's my heritage.

If I recall correctly, the Korean War began under President Dwight David Eisenhower. And from what I have been told by others, it's technically still on, as it was indicated that there was never an official treaty to end the war, just a sort of semi-permanent ceasefire. Not completely sure how accurate that informmation is, but I trust the source.

yeah its true. I studied it for GCSE Hostory. Technically we are still at war

If I recall correctly, the Korean War began under President Dwight David Eisenhower. And from what I have been told by others, it's technically still on, as it was indicated that there was never an official treaty to end the war, just a sort of semi-permanent ceasefire. Not completely sure how accurate that informmation is, but I trust the source.

yeah its true. I studied it for GCSE Hostory. Technically we are still at war

Wow, that's a very frightening thought.

-Especially since North Korea has so many nuclear plants...

I wouldn't doubt for a second that Kim Jung Il would go to war with us if we ever crossed his path.

I wouldn't doubt for a second that Kim Jung Il would go to war with us if we ever crossed his path.

Haven't we cross his path yet?.

Well... not to the point that we're making him angry with us.

I'm sure he might be a little agitated, but other than that... it seems fine, as of now.

Actually YES I did read the posts (whoever said I didn't lol). Someone said they liked the Vietnam and the Korean wars then jbennet said the UK fought in the Korean war too. When he said "too" I just assumed that he meant they were in Vietnam.

Yeah, it started under Dwight D. Eisenhower's. And it never did have an official end. Technically when American troops are stationed there they are considered veterans of foreign wars even though that war has ended.

I'm afraid of North Korea. I feel as if they wouldn't care to go to war with anyone.

we just just wait until kim jong dies of old age, cant be long now...

Yeah, but look how afraid America was of communist Cuba and Fidel Castro and now look. Cuba is still communist and Castro is still in power and no one is afraid, even considering how close Cuba is to the United States.

Yeah... but is he as crazy as Kim Jung Il? And does he have nuclear weapons? I don't know that much about Fidel Castro.

Probably not as crazy. And I don't think he had nuclear weapons but at one time he had intermediate ballistic missiles or something like that. That was the whole cuban missile crisis.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.