Recommended Answers

All 38 Replies

that sounded AWFUL!

awesome guitar , shame about the singing

oh dear lord
more metal :( ~ with people that sound like they are being turned into wolfs or summit!
I bet the singer has a posh English accent!

lol rundells kind of music (serunson knows what i mean ;))

awesome guitar , shame about the singing

Metal bands usually don't have good singers, lol.
;)

commented: Very true =) +9

;)

that depends on the band. some bands have incredible singers, take Dream Theatre for example, or Crimson Glory. Or if you want something heavier - Opeth's singer has a great cleat voice, even though most of the songs are growling

;)

Metallica, they sound nice.

I think she meant BLACK/DEATH metal bands :)

Metallica, they sound nice.

I think she meant BLACK/DEATH metal bands :)

Haha. Well good singing to me doesn't involve any screaming.
Singing + screaming + growling = no fun for my ears. ;)

christina-> you have you ever heard "the unforgiven" or "nothing else matters"

christina-> you have you ever heard "the unforgiven" or "nothing else matters"

Umm, nope. Never heard of them!

good songs. slow metal , almost acoustic

good songs. slow metal , almost acoustic

Hmm, interesting. I love acoustic.

Haha. Well good singing to me doesn't involve any screaming.
Singing + screaming + growling = no fun for my ears. ;)

I though so too, but last summer a friend dragged me into 6 hours of black/death metal festival in Toronto. Live on stage these guys sound different, and so does the music. It was awesome even though I'm more of a blues/classic rock fan. And the way they play their guitars is incredible, wish I could play like that

listen to how fast the guitas are on that link i posted it will blow your mind.

listen to how fast the guitas are on that link i posted it will blow your mind.

do you play? it's not a matter of speed, it's a matter of feeling and technique. listen to Led Zeppelin - they aren't that fast, but every note is simply exactly where it should be, making the song great.

bass a little

anyone ever heard ANATHEMA
there is no screaming in there but the music,lyrics and the voice of the singer are awesome
anyway that doesn't mean the screaming is bad
sometime you need to here some sceaming
well i guess music should be like life -> life isn't always about roses and rainbows ;)

thats not metal dude :(

Well ill be!

you'll be what??

its a saying. it means hes astonished

That was awesome! And I adamantly disagree with several posts--it is just a matter of opinion at to what "good" is. Try growling or screaming in tune, like a metal singer and you will quickly gain appreciation for the difficulty. Being a metalhead, and an old one at that (over 40), I would not classify Dream Theater as metal--they are progressive. And Metallica, well...back in the day I could mention them without the look of disgust, but not now.
Kudos to the mention of Opeth on this board! And indeed, their lead singer rocks....nuff of my growling...

i agree somewhat. St anger sucked, but i LOVE the black album

Um, not one to step on anyone's musical toes, but I think the pre-black album is Metallica at their finest--Ride the Lightning, And Justice for All, and Master of Puppets...

I like the black album mainly as i love holier than thou, wherever i may roam and the god that failed and my friend of misery

Decent songs...you may appreciate Dave Mustaine and Megadeth--especially cuts from the latest, The System Has Failed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.