Hey everyone,

Sorry if I end up asking the most retarded questions here, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I thought I wanted to minor in computer science, but I'm as lost as can be and I can't even understand how to use arrays properly. This is my first time taking any sort of computer science class and its also an online class, so help from my instructor is minimal. I would really appreciate any help you all could give me. A little bit about me... I'm a freshman in college at UMBC and my school is a big computer school, so I figured I'd learn a little bit about them just to get that experience and what not. My boyfriend is a computer science major, but he's little help when it comes to projects. I myself am a biochemistry major and I've explored just about every area of math and science except computer science. Anything else you want to know, just ask!

jbennet commented: welcome! +12
~s.o.s~ commented: ...and be sure not the resurrect old threads in the C++ section. ;-) +19
arjunsasidharan commented: Welcome :) +2

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Welcome to Daniweb! :)

Thanks for the welcome! I like it here so far. Its pretty cool. I feel like I can ask anything and someone will help me out!

commented: :) +1

No problem!
Yeah, I like it here also! =)

We are not a bad bunch, even if we can seem like moody old folk sometimes ;)

commented: :) +8

yes, welcome to daniweb ;)

Welcome to our friendly forum!

whoa nice one,welcome to daniweb see yah

Welcome to Daniweb.
"There is always a First Time" :D
Well everyone starts sometime or the other as an illiterate in their respective fields. But with perseverance they become the master .
So what you are new to the Computer Science field ? Its you who said that you have explored quite a many fields of science, and judging by how you said that, I get the feeling you liked the experience. So its Obvious you have the aptitude in quite a large amount.
So feel free to ask all your doubts here, there are many smart helpful people in this community. They will surely guide you in the right direction.
Hope you have a nice stay here,
Regards
MiniGWeek.

commented: nice +14
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.