Out of the seven web sites that I visit or use on a regular basis this site is consistently the slowest to open pages. Granted I'm using a dial up connection that averages 26.4kbps, but the other sites open much faster. Can anyone here explain why this is?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

It might be the JavaScript. In your control panel you can turn off the unessential JavaScript. Wait to you see the difference that makes. :)

Dang stymiee...I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

try turning off the rounding in particular

Yep. Dani said that would speed things up big time.

it does

Where exactly in the CP can you turn it off?

so did it work dcc?.. can u guys please be a little brief of how to disable the script? mine takes few seconds to load but its still slow compared to other sites.

I did a quick look to see if I could find the controls but had no luck, google didn't provide much of anything useful. If someone could shed some light on this I sure would appreciate it, and evidently so would others.

Outstanding! That made a big difference, thank you ever so much.

Edit: I had a couple of minutes to play with this and am amazed at how much faster this is now, sweet! Now all I need is for someone to come up with a solution to my gout my day will be made.

Now all I need is for someone to come up with a solution to my gout my day will be made.

Amputation worked for me! :icon_twisted:

Cheers hopefully that will do the trick now :)

RwCC...if you have the kind of results that I have had you will be a very happy camper.

WaltP... Between the disorientation of the meds and the loss of sleep due to the pain I'm not the most congenial person at the moment. I am right handed and this flareup is in the right wrist, I can't even brush my teeth with that hand. Allopurinol here I come.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.