Oh, yeah it was like that with Physics this year. You can't take AP until after honors but it didn't run for some reason. We had enough people signed up, it's just school politics I guess.

I don't even think they offer Physics at my school... maybe just one class but no AP.

They have biology though. I heard it's extremely hard.

nxt year i am going to continue what i am currently doing. (Electronics, Maths, Physics, BTEC IT).
Can't be bothered to change it for anything else!

I took biology Honors as a freshmen. It's supposed to be a sophomore class. I didn't like it very much. They way they taught it was, "You guess it and keep guessing until it makes sense." Chemistry was more lecturing and labs. The biology labs were unnecessary and they only demonstrated easy concepts that everyone understood already. It was probably just the way it was taught at my school and not how biology is like in other places.

How much of the usual indoctrination did they cover?

Biology is so hard here.... and chemistry is just basically labs and experiments every day accompanied by tests.

I do chemistry and biology at college. They are both mainly theory. Ive done about 1 practical

I like theoretical physics. Black holes and stuff.

Black holes and stuff.

No stuff in black holes. ;-)

Physics like that is my kind of physics :)
We had to go through loads of crappy physics (doing: speed = distance/time ~ ugh ~ boring)
All the good physics is in the second year, like space and Quantum and Radiation in the World! ~ Astrophysicist is the job for me! :cool:

Sure there's stuff in black holes. They're just extremely extremely dense masses whose gravity is so high it can pull in and even bend light. The interesting thing is since we don't know what actually happens when an object falls into one we can't prove anything wrong. Some people believe you pop out at some time in the future. If I said that if I fell in a black hole I'd turn into a pumpkin seed that like ice cream then that's fine cause no one could prove me wrong.

Yeah first part of physics was so easy it was just boring. I like stuff like quantum physics. I just don't know a whole lot about it.

>The interesting thing is since we don't know what actually happens when an object falls into one we can't prove anything wrong.

You bit me at it. I was hoping you would response to my comment to just tell you to go and jump in a black hole and let me know, but no luck there. ;). You use the same argument I was going to use.

Great minds think alike.

We went to Cedar Point again, this time for prom the next day, and my girlfriend doesn't like roller coasters a whole lot. I took her on The Maverick (new one), The Raptor, The Magnum, The Millenium Force, Disaster Transport, Iron Dragon, and MaxAir. She ended up liking them even though she kept her eyes closed for some parts. I couldn't help myself so I had to tell her that the blinking lights at the top of the hill on the Millenium Force was so Planes wouldn't hit it. Heh, but she liked it.

I couldn't help myself so I had to tell her that the blinking lights at the top of the hill on the Millenium Force was so Planes wouldn't hit it.

Is that really true?

I'm going to Cedar Point this summer with my boyfriend and family. We got our reservations for the hotel in Sandusky today. :) I can't wait!

I'm a little afraid to ride the roller coasters though. Which one is the scariest?

what is cedar point? some amusement park?

what is cedar point? some amusement park?

Yeah, you must not hear about it much because you're in Texas.

It's a very renowned and talked about amusement park around here. It's located in Sandusky, Ohio.

lol i love how america is so big. The whole of the UK is basically dominated by like 4 theme parks

lol i love how america is so big. The whole of the UK is basically dominated by like 4 theme parks

Lol, I'm sorry. :(

Yeah, it is true. I think it's mor for helicopters than airplanes though. The scariest one is probably the magnum just because it's really tall and it's still one of those older rickety metal ones, so there's still that anticipation when you're going up the hill. And when you go through the tunnels it feels like you're about to hit them. The brand new one, the Maverick, is the best. It's all on magnets so it just shoots you straight to the top of the hill and goes down further than ninety degrees. And at one point you come to a complete stop and then it gets really fast in a really short period of time.

Wow. That's pretty neat. I'm excited! :)

Isn't there a waterpark near Cedar Point too?

Yeah, it's called Soak City but it costs 16 dollars a person if you go between 5 and 9 and if you go earlier than that it's like 30 a person. It's expensive.

Hmm... is it pretty big?

Yeah, you must not hear about it much because you're in Texas.

It's a very renowned and talked about amusement park around here. It's located in Sandusky, Ohio.

haha.. icic. We have "6 flags over Texas" here.. But I'm afraid of heights, so I don't like roller coasters much.

hah.. I know, right? But I think it would be weird to live in a country that isn't even as big as some states.. It's too crowded in Europe.. yall don't use much gas though, which is definitely a plus.

haha.. icic. We have "6 flags over Texas" here.. But I'm afraid of heights, so I don't like roller coasters much.

;) I am too, but I need something to get my adrenaline pumping.

eh, I get too scared. I know the fear is irrational.. but I can't help it ;) It pisses me off.. I always tell myself that I won't be afraid, and that many people are ridding the roller coaster therefore it must not be dangerous.. basically try to trick my mind.. but it doesn't work.. I guess I need to go to a hypnotist or somethn lol

If it wasn't scary it wouldn't be fun. It's starting to get to be not as much of a thrill for me as it used to be. Don't get me wrong, they're still fun, I just want something bigger, like skydiving or bunjee jumping where they tie your feet together and you jump off of something really high. Something like that would really get my adrenaline pumping.

:scared: I wouldn't do any of that if you paid me..

Does anyone know a country named SLOVENIA?
On which continent is it...? Just w0ndering =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.