Question is: Have you ever been attacked or robbed?. Has your
life ever been put in jeopardy?.

yes but i didnt need a gun

I don't see anything wrong with having a gun for self defense. We can't and we shouldn't rely on the government to protect us. The government failed to protect the citizens of New Orleans after Katrina. They were left to fend for themselves.

Regulating gun laws doesn't help any. Those that want a gun to do harm will break the law to get a gun. Adding more laws won't do any good.

And that's the simples truth. However, you are preaching in vain, my friend. People has very strong feelings about theses issues, and nothing that you would say is going to make any difference.

Cars have a useful purpose, guns do not.

Oh no no! Guns can be used to extinguish bad bad people. Ain't that "purpose" enough:D

I've read through the first couple of pages, so forgive me if this has already been brought up..

Guns are useful as many of you said.. for defense. Defense against other citizens, but most importantly defense against the government. Which nation is easiest to stage a coup? One in which everyone can possess a gun, or one in which only the military, which you control, can possess a gun? Also, if some nation invades the United States, how are citizens supposed to defend themselves? Hah.. "If a country invaded the U.S. from the east then they would get as far as Chicago. However, if the same nation invaded from the south, they wouldn't make it to the panhandle b/c so many Texas residents own firearms" ;)

On the note of banning firearms.. that would cause more harm than good as you can see from Australia. The law-abiding citizens would forfeit their weapons, however, the criminals would keep them.. The crime level would ultimately increase.

Hope you plan on using your car to keep the population of deer, antelope, ducks and other wildlife numbers in check. Without managed hunts, you will have more animal accidents and higher ins. rates. Oh, by the way, put a sign up outside your home, stating no guns here, and I'll put one up saying guns loaded inside.. We'll see who gets robbed and possibly murdered first.

A girl in Grand Forks ND was kidnapped and murdered while talking to her boyfriend on a cell fone. Guess 911 and a cell fone did her alot more for her than a 357 in her hand would have, wait if she would have had a 357 in her hand, she would be graduating today, instead of being DEAD. The media never reports on the people who use guns to live, just wondering why cops get to carry their guns everywhere? Guess their life is alot more valuable than mine or yours. I mean they can carry theirs into schools, and post offices, you know where the criminals do the most mass killings.

only one instance where a gun would be better than a phone, a cop always shows up after the crime is committed. And if someone wants a person to suffer or die, they will.. be it car bomb, pipe bomb, etc.. you can get the recipes for death off the internet. Heck some even use a plane to take people out.

So, maybe if a person starts shooting in your area, you best hope a armed law abiding citizen with a conceal carry permit is around to protect you. Just as a soldier protects our country, and its not with sling shots or stun guns either. If not for guns, you would be saying Hail Hitler right now, if you were not one he had killed already. Only one who can protect me is me.

As one cop said, "Best to have a gun in hand and not need it, then to not have a gun in hand and need one."

c.r.

Guns are useful as many of you said.. for defense. Defense against other citizens, but most importantly defense against the government.

The thing that popped into mind was shooting government officials (tax men, police, ect) because the are bugging you.

The thing that popped into mind was shooting government officials (tax men, police, ect) because the are bugging you.

By the virtue of that etcetera, you just created a loop hole to include
anyone. Ay caramba!.

hmm.. the IRS would be good targets :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.