i had the original 'Worms' on Megadrive, oh the beauty of killing worms on 16 bit gfx.
Makes me smile :) :)

that game got boring quickly.

it did, but some of the sequels were alright
but they had a similar theme which made them equal, except with better gfx on the latter ones

yeah......there was one on the ps1 which had a lot of hype, and it had me hooked for a while, along with amplitude and guitar hero.

Been a while since I posted here. I still like SOCOM, going online and kickin' @$$. The headset thing is cool when you're online. I just hate the people that play it religiously and own everybody. I would just get too bored with it to be that good.

I have never played socom, but sounds cool.It looks like it would be too much like halo, and I honestly couldn't play a game where people played it and went on binges where they stayed in their houses curled up on a beanbag chair in their mom's basement with a bowl of cheetos........you didn't hear that from me though.;)

anyone like the Gran Turismo series of games?
i love them :) :P
and i can beat anyone ~ 100% win record against real people :P
against the AI i at like 75%, cause sometimes i can't be bothered, lol.

I used to play those on the ps1, but it kinda got repetitive.It was fun looking through the psm magazines and finding out all of the cool cars you could unlock.Isn't there a new one coming out soon?

anyone like the Gran Turismo series of games?
i love them :) :P
and i can beat anyone ~ 100% win record against real people :P
against the AI i at like 75%, cause sometimes i can't be bothered, lol.

Yeah, those are great. They actually take skill to play. I have the first three. Gran Turismo 3, I got for one dollar on eBay. Brand new. But that was after 4 came out but I didn't care. It was one dollar. I like the endurance races but I have to know I can beat them before I try.

i like 3 because i like upgrading your car

You can do that in all of them i think. If by upgrade you mean buy new parts for them. Three is the first one to have oil changes (which I wasn't used to so I kept forgetting about). It was an interesting new feature.

Oil changes?Man these games are getting realistic.

yeah, you gotta wash it too

Same with GT4, we players have to come into for a pit stop otherwise the tyres go red and you loose loads of grip, and you spin around :)
Takes gr8 skill to bring it back :)
I have ample of that :P

Yeah, Gran Turismo is probably the most realistic racing game. I haven't played four yet. It's a cool game, if you haven't played it, I'd recommend you rent it or buy one of the earlier versions.

I liked need 4 speed underground..

(double post)

I like gran turisomo 3 for ps2 its like £1

Member Avatar for Rhyan

Hey, is there a release of Collin McRee's rally for a console? I have it on PC, it annoys me sometimes how realistic it is :)
Another thing, how do you play 1st person shooters on consoles - I cannot imagine anything else but the mouse to aim correctly. Autoaim seems a bit like figurng out how fast your fingers are :). I've heard that there is a release of Command And Conquer generals for consoles, Iwas wandering how do you select the soldiers all together :).

I am a huge PC gaming fan, ever since the packman game appeared for DOS. Besides - I like old game remakes, like "the prince of persia". Also I love the Metal Gear Solid game. I had it for Nintendo when I was a kid, and I don't like the fact that this game has only 1 version for PC, that is full of bugs.

I doubt EA will release generals for a console, seeing as they have put C&C3 on Xbox360, but C&C just does not suit a console. PC only game in my view, unless you have a keyboard & mouse attachment or summit.

The playstation version of MGS is one of the greatest games ever.

The playstation version of MGS is one of the greatest games ever.

Yay!!!!!

Heh, once a Rahsakil, always a Rashakil. :-)

Solid snake was awesome.It seems like they turned away from him in #2.Does he die in #4 on the ps3.It shows an old solid snake putting a gun in his mouth on the preview for it.

Member Avatar for Rhyan

I bought a PC gaming pad only for MGS for my computer, as it is completely impossible to play with mouse and keyboard. Unfortunatelly the game was a complete disaster. It has never been patched and had awful problems with both Nvidia and Ati cards. As far as I understood Konami will not release MGS for pc any more. :(

Games on the pc are hard to do.Especially the w.o.w games, because you have to memorize the keyboard to even try to play it.Sims games on the pc like civilization are pretty cool though.

I never got involved in World of Warcraft. I've lost a few friends to addiction and they now live their lives serving their computers as slaves.

Member Avatar for Rhyan

True, World of Warcraft and Lineage have enslaved thousands...I've lost some frineds into the abyss of on-line gaming as well... :D

I don't play much online gaming except for those games you can play on your playstation online.

Xbox live is way better than PS2 online. It is good value for money.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.