I wear my retainer all the time. I even eat with it in, which I probably shouldn't but it's easier IMHO.

How does it not break?

How does it not break?

I don't chew food. :P Actually, I don't know... do they usually break? Doesn't seem to really put much wear on it. Maybe mine's built a little different since I have to wear it all the time... :cool:

Yeah, mine seem to break all the time. I've gone through 4 or 5 of them since I got my braces off.

I can eat Grapes with them in, but nothing hard. They told me that they cost a huge £58.50 each to get a replacement ($120).
Ridiculous.

HAHAHAH thats because you are over 16

I had all my dental work (6 years of braces, retainers for like 2 and teeth removed including wisdom teeth) for £0 ! because i was on the NHS and was under 16

I had all my dental work (6 years of braces, retainers for like 2 and teeth removed including wisdom teeth) for £0 ! because i was on the NHS and was under 16

You're lucky.
My dental work altogether cost well over $7K.

for real?

I never needed braces. Just had a 'perfect' set of teeth, apparently. So mine also cost €0, which is probably less than £0, still more than $0, but certainly less than seven grand! :) I never liked the idea of braces anyways. Do you need to wear a retainer forever after you get the braces off so your teeth don't fall back into their original position? Or at least revert to a more unsavory position?

My sister lost her retainer in Paris one time and never went about getting another one for some reason. I think he teeth stayed in the same position. This was about a year ago.

Did you get replacment retainters? because i'm sure they still charge you like £50 for them.

And yes, teeth do move back. See: mine. Not too bad, but not perfect either.

i stopped wearing my retainers 6 months after i got them taken off (that was 2 years ago now) and yes, they have moved a bit but are still fairly good

Mine has moved slightly also, but I wear my retainer every night.

I also had braces, and I am supposed to wear a retainer once a month for the rest of my life. However, I usually wear it every night b/c when I don't wear it for a week or so, it's very painful the next time I wear it.. and my gums usually bleed

My teeth get painful after 1 night of not wearing mine.

Is bleeding normal?

hah I dunno.. probably not..

Thought so.

Gingivitis maybe? ;)

hah.. no. Sore gums I guess :-/

omg.. Last time I saw your stats, you had one star and two rep power things.. Now it is going to be IMPOSSIBLE to catch back up..:'(

Yeah, my gums bleed occasionally when I floss.

;) Sorry!

> Now it is going to be IMPOSSIBLE to catch back up..
Spend a little more time online, create your own game threads, post lots and lots and it won't be difficult for you to overtake Dani.

Yep, thats the key to success. ;-)

Spend a little more time online, create your own game threads, post lots and lots and it won't be difficult for you to overtake Dani.

haha

lol.. Thanks for the advice :)

Anyone got any fillings while on the subject of teeth? ~ i have 1, boo :(

yea, I have 2 or 3 actually.. They are in the back of my mouth though, so you can't really see them.

Yes. 2 I think. I really don't like those dentists. Not that I'm afraid of them or anything. I just prefer not to have to go to them so work on not having to, if you get me.

> Anyone got any fillings while on the subject of teeth?
I have a ton. I have 2 on the same tooth even. Kinda lacked in the tooth-brushing area while I was a kid...

lol... yea, so did I.

As a child, I had around 4 teeth removed because there were so many cavities and they were starting to dig into the root. Yeah talk about lack of dental skills. ;)

Yeah i kinda lacked on the brushing front too. I have many fillings ;(

I was scared to go to the dentist you see because my dentist was really wierd.

haha.. what was that stereotype about the British and their teeth? lol jp man, I'm no1 to talk ;)

Yeah i kinda lacked on the brushing front too. I have many fillings ;(

I was scared to go to the dentist you see because my dentist was really wierd.

Fortunately, I've never been too scared about going to the dentist. Mine is pretty good and I've had him most of my life.

My dentist was scary. she was a midget (im not joking, she was about 3 ft tall) and had to stand on a stool to get inside my mouth. I was always afraid shed fall and like drill into me or something

used to have 11 fillings (woo dodgy baby teeth) now, zilch. coating on all but 8 of my teeth though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.