Well it's official, I'm now enrolled and am registered in my first semester of classes and will be a college student by the end of August...again.

I had thought about taking a simple class to try to slip back into the thought process of being a student, but it seems they no longer offer advanced underwater basket weaving, so I will have to substitute this with Computer Configuration and repair, it's almost the same thing.;)

Having graduated nine years previously I will not have to take any of the general ed. classes, this is just fine by me as all seven of the classes I will need have labs and the classes run about three hours including labs.

This is what the curriculum includes.

REQUIRED COURSES
C.I.E. 4 Fundamentals of Mechatronics – 4 Units
C.I.E. 10 Fundamentals of Computer Integrated Electronics - 4 Units
C.I.E. 14 Fabrication Techniques I - 2 Units
C.I.E. 25 Personal Computer Configuration and Repair (also C.S.T. 25) - 4 Units
C.I.E. 44 Mechatronic Processes and Materials - 2 Units
C.I.E. 54 Mechatronic Systems - 4 Units
C.I.E. 90 Microcontroller Embedded Systems - 4 Units

Lots of toys to play with, it should be fun.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Good luck with your school days dcc , hope this turns out to be a fine experience for you. :-)

I am so totally done with school in 2 weeks :P

haha nice.. Leno just interviewed the oldest person to have ever graduated from college (she was 95 years old). Maybe you can break her record!;)

I guess he is not that old. ;-)

I have the oppurtunity to go to CSU for a month this summer and get four college credits for free with a 500 dollar stipend. I might be going back to school soon too.

I have the oppurtunity to go to CSU for a month this summer and get four college credits for free with a 500 dollar stipend. I might be going back to school soon too.

Go for it, it's a great experience. It will blow you mind with the difference of mind set between high school and college courses.

Josh...I thought you were banned. Oh well. From your remark I can only deduce that your math skills are failing, that woman was at least ten years my senior.

Oh I know, I was just giving you a hard time! No offense intended..

Learning involves hard work, fun, challenges, and socializing. Teachers instruct while students interact, ask questions, and aim for success.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.