The purpose of science is to explain phenomena using logic and prior knowledge. Metaphysics is not science. Scientists attempt to explain everything in terms of science and technology.. Simply using God to explain something does not cut it for scientists..

The purpose of science is to explain phenomena using logic and prior knowledge. Metaphysics is not science. Scientists attempt to explain everything in terms of science and technology.. Simply using God to explain something does not cut it for scientists..

Of course not.

> What do you think the dark matter/dark energy is?
Someone the pastor thought he would make up so he could prevent you people from sleeping? ;-)

commented: lol nice one +1

lol... nice theory :)

I sleep pretty good at night actually. ;)

Well of course you do, you're religious.

So does this mean that everyone else who's not religious doesn't sleep good at night?

nope.. b/c we are worrying about our ultimate end in which we cease to exist.. ;)

Yeah, that stinks for you athiests. ;o)

>So does this mean that everyone else who's not religious doesn't sleep good at night?
Well, if you don't put on blinders, you tend to see more things to cause you to think. ;)

.. And you end up pondering, thinking, and debating w/ yourself all night long..

I just count sheeps

>> Quite possibly, it is simply another form of matter.. An anti-matter

I don't think so. I remember being fascinated about what my physics teacher (don't judge him because of the gravity definition he gave us, media player thread), said about what would happen if matter man and an anti-matter man met and shook hands ...

Considering this effect if 96% of the universe was anti matter and this four percent that we perceive is matter ... the universe, logically, should be a much more violent place.

Christina>you, what church do you go to. Sounds interesting :)

Well, I don't know.. maybe dark matter and matter existed in equal quantities at the beginning of the universe.. but something happened, and most of the matter became something else or is located elsewhere. Who knows? Probably this is not the case, but until we research it further we won't know for sure.. I'll be keeping up with this story for a while..

Christina>you, what church do you go to. Sounds interesting :)

Church of God. :)
Thanks.

Wow thats the trouble with these kinds of posts they tend to get out of hand and you lose track of them while you sleep.

I think i have to disagree with your pastor on this one Christina i don't really think that Dark matter is God because that would imply that God has some sort of physical presence or limitation if you know what i mean where as the Bible tells us that he is everywhere and knows all indicating that he doesnt have the same physical restrictions as us.

I don't know how much that would have made sense but i tried.

Going way back to the first page of this post i think you have a pretty good theory josh that it is some kind of anti matter however i do not think thats all that is to it especially if we are looking at equals and it seems like a much larger "amount" if you will of dark matter then there is Matter. But then on the same note the theory that everything has an opposite may not be 100% true its just something that has worked in science on our level so far 100%

When i said Chaos im not entirely sure what i meant by it or rather can not really put what i meant into words but it is esencially the same as antimatter or at least along the same track as that anyway.

I think i have to disagree with your pastor on this one Christina i don't really think that Dark matter is God because that would imply that God has some sort of physical presence or limitation if you know what i mean where as the Bible tells us that he is everywhere and knows all indicating that he doesnt have the same physical restrictions as us.

I don't know how much that would have made sense but i tried.

How does it imply that God has any limitations? What I'm trying to say is that God is omnipresent throughout the whole universe and that the rest of the dark matter/energy that is unknown is also God. It's not a restriction.

Ahh ok my bad misread what you had said.

It's fine. :)

But then on the same note the theory that everything has an opposite may not be 100% true its just something that has worked in science on our level so far 100%

Hmm, I don't think it's just a scientific principle. Everything that exists today does so because its opposite exists. This is easy to see in the example of human emotion. If, for example, we took out all the misery and sadness in the world.. then there would no longer be happiness or joy either. If you did not feel misery, then only one emotion would exist, and thus you would have nothing to compare it to. If someone never experiences hardships and difficulties in his/her life then she would not know happiness. There would be a sort of emotional emptiness. This same principle is true for everything known to man. And prior to dark matter/energy the only opposite we knew of was nothingness, or lack-of matter/energy. So perhaps this dark matter/energy is somehow the true opposite of energy/mass. lol.. I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling..

I get what you mean u basically just said what i was trying to say just a little better. But everything that we are aware of at the moment has to have an opposite in order to exist but perhaps there are some things that we are not aware of yet that does not have an opposite.

Perhaps.. but I cannot comprehend how something could exist without and opposite.. And I don't think we have ever discovered anything in the Universe that does not have an opposite..

There are lots of things that do not have an oposite at face value or as a whole infact its only when broken down into parts that things start to have an opposite. For example what is the opposite of a human?

Hmm.. I see your point.. But everything at the most general level has an opposite. Because, if you try and find the opposite, of say, a human.. you are finding the opposite of several different things. The opposite of something living, the opposite of something intelligent, the opposite of something with hair, etc..

But they are all things that make up a human that have opposites where is something when looked at as a whole does not have an opposite which could mean that maybe something like Matter as a whole does not acctually have an opposite or even our universe does not have an opposite however when you break it into smaller parts thats when you start to find the opposites.

Hmm.. but matter is very simplistic, and I would think it to have an opposite. Maybe not though, you bring up a good point.

I think matter might have been a bad example because the theory behind antimatter is there we just ahve not looked into it that closely.

By the way,

Why might dark matter and dark energy be the presence of God? Why not the presence of evil/satan or something? Just occurred to me there.

By the way,

Why might dark matter and dark energy be the presence of God? Why not the presence of evil/satan or something? Just occurred to me there.

Yes, I was thinking about that too. It could very well be both. In fact, I think it is. Evil is present throughout the whole world.

>> Evil is present throughout the whole world.
Plus Dark matter/energy sounds more sinister :) Could be both?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.