Three days then she'll be released on a medical condition again.

naw, I bet shes in there the full sentence this time.. that judge was SO pissed when he found out that she was let go.. the only we she will be able to get out this time, is over his dead body ;)

So why did he decide to go back to the full sentence instead of half the sentence?

So why did he decide to go back to the full sentence instead of half the sentence?

.. that judge was SO pissed when he found out that she was let go..

;)

That's good enough I guess. lol

Basically what it boils down to is that Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer is pissed off with Sheriff Lee Baca for over riding his orders and allowing Mz. Hilton to be released from jail and allowed to serve the rest of her sentence as a house arrest. Sheriff Cara stepped way over the line totally forgetting his place in the packing order when he released Mz. Hilton, and with his past history of questionable "gifts" and debauchery I suspect that he is going to be under more scrutiny than a skunk in church.

Heh, I like the analogy.

the judge send her back? too bad. she is too pretty for jail.

just kidding you guys. hahahaha. like i said jail would teach her some responsibility. But i still dont think it is reason enough to call her all those names.

the judge send her back? too bad. she is too pretty for jail.

just kidding you guys. hahahaha. like i said jail would teach her some responsibility. But i still dont think it is reason enough to call her all those names.

Technically calling her a whore was inaccurate, but I do believe it would be accurate to refer to her as a slut and being spoiled.

btw...when I was relating her arrests I omitted the second time that she was caught driving on a suspended license, so there were three arrests leading up to her being sentenced to jail time.

California has a mandatory sentencing law, this means that people guilty of DUI are required to serve a minimum of 48 hours or up to a maximum of 6 months for a first offense. I'm still curious why she was given probation and no jail time.

California has a mandatory sentencing law, this means that people guilty of DUI are required to serve a minimum of 48 hours or up to a maximum of 6 months for a first offense. I'm still curious why she was given probation and no jail time.

OK I get the part of her having to go to jail. I always have. No-one would have acted In fact I should probably add that fines dont work for super rich people since they pay them out of their piggy bank. My point has always been the overreact. Very few would have acted this way had it been the girl next door instead of Paris.

If she had been the girl next door she wouldn't have been shown any favoritism.

The fact that she is a celebrity means that she is a role model, and her actions are sending the wrong signals to our youth, that's part of it. The other part of it is as I've already said is the public here are sick of seeing celebrities get away with murder.

I think I am going to stop my defense of the poor girl. Not because I think you guys are right but because it is a pointless argument. Each and every person on this planet is responsible for his or her own actions. Nobody should start blaming Paris if there is an increase in sex, drunken driving or anything else. Not only that but a community as a whole is far more likely to influence its youth (e.g. peer pressure and bad examples from parrents or teachers) than any single person. Even if that person is a star.

As far as getting away with murder. Did the court found O.J. guilty? Someone once said that it is better if ten guilty people go free rather than have one inocent person go to jail. Although I am not completely sure of that it does have some validity. And best of all I believe that it was an American who said that. But I could be wrong.

The point is that there was no irrefutable proof that OJ was guilty so they could very well have send an innocent man to death. I am not saying he is innocent but that the judge / jury thought he could have been.

It would seem that I have more faith in American justice than you guys but maybe it is because we in Africa have REAL micky mouse justice to compare yours with.

omg how many times are they going to give her a 2nd chance? maybe 3rd? maybe 4th? i dont know how long this is going to go for but this has to stop!!!

I am a big proponent of letting ten guilty men go free than one innocent man go to jail. And it was an American who said that. The biggest failure of the O.J. case (as it was explained to me) was that they made him try to put on the glove he used to kill her (and the other guy) and it was leather. Since it was leather it shrunk because it got wet and it didn't fit him. That made the prosecution look bad and that was their biggest argument. Later he was found guilty in civil court where he was supposed to pay some millions of dollars to the family.

I am a big proponent of letting ten guilty men go free than one innocent man go to jail. And it was an American who said that. The biggest failure of the O.J. case (as it was explained to me) was that they made him try to put on the glove he used to kill her (and the other guy) and it was leather. Since it was leather it shrunk because it got wet and it didn't fit him. That made the prosecution look bad and that was their biggest argument. Later he was found guilty in civil court where he was supposed to pay some millions of dollars to the family.

in that case i have to give in. but only in the oj case. if some court finds him guilty enough to the extend that he has to pay a fine then he probably should have had a death sentence(which i believe is legal in the USA. i wish it can be brought back in my country.). as i said before. a rich man pays a fine from his piggy bank.

Yup, Texas kills the most criminals of any other state, I think.

We have no death penalty and life is like 20 years
the prisons are so full that most prisoners with less than 5yr sentances are getting released.

Well they say that life is life, but if the criminal behaves well ~ they get out in like 20 years if there sentence was like 40 odd years.
They now talking about letting minor offenders out early to make room for the more serious offenders, because our prisons are too damn full.

Why are the prisons so full where you live? I can think of three reasons. 1) Punishment for crimes is too strict. 2) A lot of people are committing crimes or 3) There just simply aren't enough prisons. Is there a different reason for the overflow?

all 3

Well, the government doesn't know what it is doing so if in doubt, put them in jail. That is their policy.

Bleh...and they wonder why the cynicism.

This world is not fair. For money they can resolve anything to want...

commented: Sad but true... +23

Well, now she's out of jail after three weeks. Any opinions?

Any1 want to bet how long be4 they throw her back in there? lol

She's supposed to be on probation for more than a year and she still hasn't learned that the she has to follow the law too so I'd say.....3 weeks.

Hmm.. yea, I'd have to give here a couple months.. Her parents will try to watch her more closely over the course of a month or so.. but once this whole thing dies down again, she is sure to commit the same crime again.. Only this time, I hope they get her for something more serious..

Possession? Which celebrity was it that had publicity with marijuana? Was it Paris Hilton?

Lets hear from the girl herself shall we?

"I'm not the same person I was," Hilton says. "I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me. I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that. I have been thinking that I want to do different things when I am out of here. I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance."

come on guys. she paid her dues to society. cut her some slack will you? Is it so hard to believe that she meant it?

Lets hear from the girl herself shall we?

"I'm not the same person I was," Hilton says. "I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me. I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that. I have been thinking that I want to do different things when I am out of here. I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance."

come on guys. she paid her dues to society. cut her some slack will you? Is it so hard to believe that she meant it?

hahahaha BULL SH**!

Her interview over the phone with that reporter was so damn stupid.. Who in their right mind would "act" dumb. No, she is dumb. She is dumber than dirt.. below scum. She disgusts me, and it not worthy to call herself an American. I hope she is caught again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.