>She disgusts me, and it not worthy to call herself an American.

hahahaha. i sure hope that you did not mean that. I have read a number of American documents. one of them states quite clearly that anyone who proclaims the true christian faith is welcome there. Which means that she is a tad more welcome than you since she believes in God! And o yes please dont go for your first amendment since unless you are going to argue illogically I can counter you there too.

joshSCH commented: Perhaps try re-wording. -3

Hmm.. I have to admit, you've got me there. I cannot combat incoherent, idiotic posts.

Lets hear from the girl herself shall we?

"I'm not the same person I was," Hilton says. "I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me. I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that. I have been thinking that I want to do different things when I am out of here. I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance."

come on guys. she paid her dues to society. cut her some slack will you? Is it so hard to believe that she meant it?

Sure, I could cut her some slack. But that speech sounds like it was read off a cue card to me.

>She disgusts me, and it not worthy to call herself an American.

hahahaha. i sure hope that you did not mean that. I have read a number of American documents. one of them states quite clearly that anyone who proclaims the true christian faith is welcome there. Which means that she is a tad more welcome than you since she believes in God! And o yes please dont go for your first amendment since unless you are going to argue illogically I can counter you there too.

................What?

................What?

i was afraid that josch might refer me to the first amendment but it merely says that congress will make no law respecting an establishment of religion. The point is some people would point me to that amendment but the amendment does not say that religious conviction (in this case paris hilton's) carries no weight. It merely says that the state neither supports nor prohibits it.

@josch
if you would be so kind as to point out the idiocity explicitly. and why do you hate paris so much anyway? it seems almost pathological? what has she ever done to you or anyone else for that matter? Her only fault was being born a rich man's daughter. That kind of curse could have befallen any one of us. only strong bones can support the weight of riches. We should be gratefull that it was not one of us.

commented: Good points. +3
commented: Logical without being aggressive. Nice points. +23

I suspect the point there is that most of us wish it had been us; we tend to feel that we could have stood firm where someone else fell. However, that does sidestep the facts that, had we been born into such a situation, we wouldn't have been who we are now, and it's that 'other' version of us that would be dealing with the situation. And on that grounds, I strongly suspect that you are correct, quint.

commented: Good post :) +14

I don't think prisons should have the "get out of jail quickly because you kept your head down" rule. I believe it is daft to be honest. A criminal should see the whole sentence, not just appeal within a year and get out in 5 years instead of the 10 years given. The judge gives a sentence to punish, not to just slap them on the wrist, bang them up for a year or 2 then let them out after a couple of months. Ridiculous.

i was afraid that josch might refer me to the first amendment but it merely says that congress will make no law respecting an establishment of religion. The point is some people would point me to that amendment but the amendment does not say that religious conviction (in this case paris hilton's) carries no weight. It merely says that the state neither supports nor prohibits it.

@josch
if you would be so kind as to point out the idiocity explicitly. and why do you hate paris so much anyway? it seems almost pathological? what has she ever done to you or anyone else for that matter? Her only fault was being born a rich man's daughter. That kind of curse could have befallen any one of us. only strong bones can support the weight of riches. We should be gratefull that it was not one of us.

You said youself that the government neither supports nor prohibits religion so that would have to mean that religious convictions carry no weight in the government's eyes. (And the establishment clause is not the ONLY thing mentioned in the first amendment about religion as you said, there is also the free exercise clause.) Secondly, her only fault is not being born rich, she drove drunk with a suspended license. And I disagree that only strong bones can support the weight of riches. I'd say only strong minds can survive the torment of poverty.

Yes, but which is tougher? Most of the rich don't have to be intelligent.. they get to inherit tons of money.. It might be better not to be so rich, as we have something to strive for in life.. education and intelligence in hopes that we too gain riches. The rich already are rich and therefore don't need intellect.

firstly @ sk8ndestroy. i know what your first amendment says. About freedom of speech as well as the right to gather in marches. I have read both it and your declaration of independence many times over and that is one reason why I admire your country. the declaration of independence is especially profound. I was just afraid that josch would resort to the religious part of the first amendment to counter what i said about how welcome he and paris is in the USA.

Secondly I probably should not have told josch to not resort to it since USA is not my country. I had little right to do that but sometimes my tongue is quicker than my restrain. If any americans took offense than I apologise. But I really do not think that josch has the right to say who can be american and who can be not.

@ josch. and enderx as well. that is exactly what i meant when i said we should be gratefull. but i was also a bit sarcastic. I for one would not mind being cursed like that.

@sk8ndestroy14
I think what i meant about strong bones and the weight of riches is that it takes strength of character not to let your riches go to your head. I admit that paris failed the test completely. but why not give her the benefit of the doubt until she proves that she really did read her speech of a cue card? perhaps prison made her strong.

I never took offense. But Paris Hilton has to be on probation for a while. She can possibly get 12 months taken off if she does community service or makes a public service anouncement. I thought this little speech of hers might help her out with her reputation a little bit. But sure, I'd give her another chance. But if she does something stupid again, then I can't say I didn't see it coming.

Well guess what. We shouldn't have given her another chance. Jail appearantly hasn't changed her. Already she has violated her probation. Something involving a 16,000 dollar tab!!!

I'm so tired of hearing about Paris Hilton on the news every day. Can't they find something better to talk about?

Apparently not.

(Besides, if they did that, they'd have to go find real news somewhere, not just spoon-fed dribblets from the nearest celebrity press agent.)

Yeah, there are much more important things. If I drove drunk on a suspended license and violated probation nobody would care too much so why focus on her? But it's interesting enough. These are the people that stand out in America, sadly enough.

I guess the rule of all animals are equal but some are more equal than others still apply uh!!!

its from Animal Farm. Google it

Yeah animal farm, another wasted English lesson, learning about yet another book that is 'famous'.

Hey, there's a good reason for that one's fame. Have you actually read the book, or just learned about it?

We read it in english but I had read it before that (im a fan of orwell)

Yea, me too. I love his books :)

commented: You asked, I must answer. Yes, I called you a queer. The same that you called the guy a queer. I believe you have the right for you to be a queer. -1

mmm i like 1984, it was written so long ago, but like 99% of what he is said the future would be like is actually coming true

I never read that book but I heard some about it. What is it about?

it was written in 1949 and its about a futuristic totalitarian society, whats wierd though is that a large amound of what hes saying is now coming true

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

its a good read and you can buy the paperback pretty cheap online (its banned in a few bookshops)

what is the book called??

its called "1984" but can sometimes been seen as "nineteen-eighty-four" its by a guy called "George Orwell"

cool if u made me lose my money for some stupid book i will i will...........uf i will do nothing :\

Yea, 1984 is a great read :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.